It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He's better off not working there. In fact, he should get the hell out of Detroit.

Pay is bad...a fire every day...firemen die saving $30,000 roach infested houses. NOT WORTH IT!

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The whole 'cultural appropriation' crowd just infuriates me.

As someone who has traveled to many parts of the world, marinating in other cultures is something I've enjoyed the most in my life.

Sick what some people believe now.

Why travel if not to immerse yourself and appreciate the local culture. Agreed.

link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That's pretty damned funny,

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Lysergic
Don't give an Irish guy a potato.

I install cable. People try to gift me cheap beer all the time because I'm white and hispanic

When will the hate end

Woah woah, you had me at free beer.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He's better off not working there. In fact, he should get the hell out of Detroit.

Pay is bad...a fire every day...firemen die saving $30,000 roach infested houses. NOT WORTH IT!

No.

Those houses that burn round the clock everyday perpetually in Detroit ("The D") are $1 (one dollar) houses.

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
One more reason to never go to Detroit as if anymore were needed.

I love Watermelon and have since I was small child 60 years ago. Who knew eating Watermelon was racist? Our parents would cut them up into big chunks and bring them out to us while were playing. Eating Watermelon always cheers me up when I recall sitting around with the other kids, with Watermelon juice all over our faces, discussing whether or not the seeds (they had them then) were poisonous to eat like our parents told us.

What in the hell is wrong with people now!

Like most people I view the Firefighters as hero's, but Detroit apparently has some real lemons in management and on the force. What a shame. Political Correctness is now an infectious disease it seems. Brainwashed idiots are running things.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

This guy just got the job, he was dropping off this before he even started.

He had better be careful, he could find himself in a dangerous situation. The Detroit fire dept/news just made him a watermelon yielding racist. He would not be popular in certain "communities".

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This must be an American thing exclusively, but what exactly is racist about a watermelon?

Seems like an innocent fruit to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

This logic taken to extremes would have it be bigotry to offer a FLoridian an orange.

Best of all most people dont even realize that citrus comes from China.

So that wont work, and a southerner had better not offer a northerner an apple.

Crap those come from China too.

So the moral of the story is dont offer a Chinese person apples or oranges. Instead only give them doughnuts with rainbow speckles. Because that's "progress".

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sucks being a watermelon...

Is anyone going to address what the watermelon must be going through?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I stand corrected...they were purchased for $1, but are INSURED for $30,000.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I actually got in trouble for bringing in pineapple to a staff meeting instead of donuts back when I worked in corporate America. My boss really loved his donuts.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Is that the scam? I moved from the Metro half a lifetime ago. I do still get first hand accounts of trends there, aplenty, but hadn't heard that one.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This guy just got the job, he was dropping off this before he even started.

He had better be careful, he could find himself in a dangerous situation. The Detroit fire dept/news just made him a watermelon yielding racist. He would not be popular in certain "communities".

Could you imagine what would have happened to this poor guy if he brought the watermelon with a stability ROPE tied around it?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yep. The insurance company has to insure the home for its replacement cost. Can't rebuild those for little love nests for less than $30,000 in Detroit city proper.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Remember: doughnuts aren't all bad. They can save your job!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
sign of the times at how ridiculous this world is becoming. Sorry the humans in this world are becoming.

I think the reaction says more about the people who got offended than it does about the guy who brought it.

I'm guessing KFC is also banned at this particular fire station?

I guess firemen aren't the big, tough, brave, manly men they used to be.

We can divorce our partners, and parents. Can I please divorce mankind? This kind of thing just further confirms for me that I am not part of that species.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

He did put a pink bow on it.

Funny how calling this guy a racist is OK and a definite statement. But his actions and actual intentions are fussy at best but are plastered for all to see, even future employers. This guy is NEVER getting another job.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
This kind of thing just further confirms for me that I am not part of that species.

Not everyone is a fruitcake.

Wait can I say that?

edit on 10-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Cant the insurance companies just refuse coverage?

Its not like its their fault the city collapsed!

That would be the fault of 100 years of industrialists like Ford at the helm of city planning [setting it up so a car was mandatory to handle errands anything and everythng]), racist mayors, a system bent on screwing the poorest [inflation, corporate bling bling media culture social engineering, War On Drugs + CIA drug smuggling networks], backwards politics (ahem, progressive), corruption from the cops to the mayor to the congress to the White House to the international central bankers)... Detroit is the posterchild of the elites dystopian vision for the poor (when the system is deadset to make everyone but a few as such while they have us arguing about race and pissed about fruit).

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join