It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

How wonderfully cynical of you.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Lysergic

Are you referring to the grapefruit technique?

What are you guys talking about? Post a link?

EDIT: ..... never mind I looked up "the grapefruit technique "

edit on 10/10/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Urban dictionary is your friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I just hope that one day folks up north can do the same as the south . We , for the most part , get along just fine with everyone else
Perhaps they should learn my Grandma's favorite sayin
"The more you stir sh** , the more it stinks. Now hush"

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

You underestimate our society.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Why are there remixes ? hahaha

Should a heavenly choir only sing one song...one verse?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Lysergic

Are you referring to the grapefruit technique?

What are you guys talking about? Post a link?

You don't need a link.

Imagine a demon giving a BJ.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't give an Irish guy a potato.

LOL...that's funny...I actually just made potato soup for my Father and Uncle as a nod to their Irish heritage.

Is it possible he actually did choose a watermelon because he thought his mostly black co-workers would like watermelon ? Is it racist to choose a gift based on the heritage of the people you're giving the gift too ? How about bringing a pineapple to Hawaiians, avocado's to Mexicans , etc. ?

Isn't part of the fun to eat foods associated with different races and cultures? IDK, I feel bad for the guy...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
So if his fellow firefighter was bleeding to death should he refuse to use White gloves to apply pressure?
If the guys in his company are so touchy he's better off not working with a bunch of jerks.
My family devours watermelon, does that mean I have a genetic secret in my history?
I can't believe the world today.
It's like stepping in to a Salvador Dali painting.

My dad worked everyday with another white guy for some years, and then dude got a heart transplant from a black woman. I dont know that he didnt like watermelon beforehand, but after the transplant he started loving to devour the stuff. It was a serious before and after effect.

True story.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ironically, the people who were offended by this are the true racists. Let that sink in.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's almost like blacks think whites don't ever eat watermelon or something.

i think some are more consumed with their own color than most white people.

color sensitivety is the new out of control epidemic.
edit on 521031America/ChicagoTue, 10 Oct 2017 21:52:20 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

i guess this is my new reality....

one where i double post every time

Maybe you're just that good.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Provides more emphasis.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Since we're on the topic, if anyone is wondering where this sterotype originates, well watermelons are a group of melon exclusively from Africa.
en.wikipedia.org...

So there's that.

Lysergic pointed out dont give an Irish a potato, although a difference is although the Irish became famous for potatoes it along with tomatoes & peppers are a New World crop.

Another way to look at this is, it would be outrageous to offer a person from India a bowl of your curry. Wait, scratch that, SJW's say only proper Indian's should even be allowed to cook the stuff.

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

LOL...that's funny...I actually just made potato soup for my Father and Uncle as a nod to their Irish heritage.

Is it possible he actually did choose a watermelon because he thought his mostly black co-workers would like watermelon ? Is it racist to choose a gift based on the heritage of the people you're giving the gift too ? How about bringing a pineapple to Hawaiians, avocado's to Mexicans , etc. ?

Isn't part of the fun to eat foods associated with different races and cultures? IDK, I feel bad for the guy...

That's true.

You can't win for losing.

If you don't have anything to do with the culture and you eat it's food, you get in trouble for cultural appropriation.

If you bring food to people of that culture as a tribute and offering to them, you get in trouble for being racist.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Ironically, the people who were offended by this are the true racists. Let that sink in.

And the people at the top who allowed this to go this far are the racists as well, and stupid from a legal aspect.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The whole 'cultural appropriation' crowd just infuriates me.

As someone who has traveled to many parts of the world, marinating in other cultures is something I've enjoyed the most in my life.

Sick what some people believe now.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Whites aren't allowed to be consumed by our own color to that degree. If anyone even talks about it, the outcry of white supremacy is deafening. If we don't talk about it, the outcry of white supremacy is deafening.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

YEP!

And all of that is what they call being "anti-racist".

Every time I see a liberal type use the term "anti-racist" I want to take a claw hammer to my big toe, because its the most BS hypocritical blah that is even possible. A total sham dripping in self-delusion (self-deception), but wait there's more as from there they wield it as a battering ram of obtuse demagoguery.

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I install cable. People try to gift me cheap beer all the time because I'm white and hispanic

When will the hate end

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join