It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief fires officer who arrested U. nurse; lieutenant demoted

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Chief fires officer who arrested U. nurse; lieutenant demoted

Salt Lake Police Chief Mike Brown fired detective Jeff Payne on Tuesday and demoted Lt. James Tracy for their involvement in the controversial arrest of University Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels.

"I have lost faith and confidence in your ability to continue to serve as a member of the Salt Lake City Police Department," Brown wrote to Payne in a scathing letter notifying him of his termination.

"I am deeply troubled by your lack of sound, professional judgment and your discourteous, disrespectful and unwarranted behavior, which unnecessarily escalated a situation that could and should have been resolved in a manner far different from the course of action you chose to pursue," the chief wrote.

Right result.

Too bad more don't go that way.
edit on 10-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Did you see all the apologists in the very long original thread about this?...

What’s the odds they don’t turn up to this one?

Shame they don’t do this more often with the jackboot brigades that have infiltrated law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Ridiculous thing about it is they get to appeal the decision.
There should be no appeal.
Hospital security should have given that bald prick detective a beat down when he laid his hands on the nurse.
It's their job to protect the hospital staff.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Give 'em time.

The thread is early.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

When I saw the arrest video on LL I was thinking what the hell is going on here? The officer was ridiculous and then I saw the Lt. come and I was thinking he was going to restore sanity to this situation. Nope...he actually supported the thug that arrested this poor woman.

Those kinds of officers cause problems for the good guys.

I am SO glad to see justice done.

edit on 2017/10/10 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Like I said...too bad this kind of outcome doesn't happen more often. Perhaps we wouldn't be where we are today if police departments all across the country policed their own crap.

Maybe we are turning a corner.

edit on 10-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Was there any update that anybody found about the criminal investigation? Or did I miss it in the article? Last I had heard was the DA had asked for an investigation to be opened and the chief had pledged cooperation.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Of course he was fired... the victim was white.

Isn't that what we're supposed to say?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Did you see all the apologists in the very long original thread about this?...

What’s the odds they don’t turn up to this one?

Both of them?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Shame they don’t do this more often with the jackboot brigades that have infiltrated law enforcement.

Note that officer Payne did all this in front the camera, knowing that the camera was recording him and his actions.

He firmly believed that what he was doing was right.

He wasn't trying to hide anything.

That's a big clue, that this is just normal and common practice among the officers.

It's just the public outcry that caused the dept to fire him.

If there were no cameras, he'd still be on the force today. Even if there were complaints.

He'd be doing the same things everyday.

Thinking it's alright.

People generally don't believe the officers act this way, until they see it for themselves.

Then they are shocked, and still believe that the individual officer must be an exception to the rule.

The only exception here, is the presence of the camera.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
well payne now lost two jobs good, i hope this effects his pension and retirement funds from both jobs ,scratch one legitimately bad cop

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yep, things worked as they should have this time...I was calling out this officer for being in the wrong from the first time that I looked into the issue.

He should never work in law enforcement again.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Don't know about that. No one should lose access to retirement for an episode of bad/rushed judgement. Especially if it doesn't cost a life.

Think of it this way: that money would just be absorbed into the kitty, while the cost of his care would be thrust on the public. I don't see how anyone wins in that scenario.

new topics

top topics

join