It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery 'swamp creature' crawls out of Malaysian family's toilet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It moves like a flatworm. I am sure of it. However I have never heard of one so large. I think the largest get between 4-8 inches. It has to be related. I am on my phone so I cant upload a picture ..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I love stories about stuff crawling out of the crapper! Lol. You mad the day to day drama and bull# go away for a few minutes.
Thank you

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This $hit gives me the willies....if something like that crawled from my drain I would be moving to another country. That is just all NO NO NO from me...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Its just Hilary up to her normal sh*t...

Seriously, if its real that truly is the stuff of nightmares..

Imagine feeling that tap you on the arse and then looking down to see that....Blergh....
edit on 12-10-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its bad enough hearing tales of spiders and snakes in Australian toilets (it's why i have no ambition to visit)

But this.

This...

This.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Strange, looks like a large leech.

That's my thinking as well. But that's a HUGE leech.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

S+F

I thought this was another Trump VS swamp story.

It is a large Leech.

There are several species of Leech in Malaysia and throughout S/E Asia that can reach lengths of 60m (approximately 2 feet).

This thing probably originated in the swamp near the home and hitched a ride on a vehicle or livestock and ended up looking for water after it was finished, and ended up hiding in the toilet.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc
exactly....you beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
wow- that is ugly.

years ago i lived in a very old house. one morning i went to the shower and discovered a strange bright red "blob" hanging out of a crack between the tiles on the wall.
it looked like something out of a horror movie. it had the size of a cherry tomato and was hairy.

i was stunned because i had never seen anything like it.
just like in a bad horror movie i raised my hand and touched it - that was when it exploded and spilled loads of dark red liquid that looked exactly like blood.
i stormed out of the shower and called for my flat-mates to look at the thing. everybody was totally disgusted and weirded out.

luckily we had one person living with us that quickly solved the mystery.
he was a carpenter and he had clever book with him. in the book there was a description of the "phenomena" ( prob. responsible for many "blood coming out of the walls" reports)

it is a kind of fungus that attacks old houses from the inside. the bloody blobs are just the "flowers"... the fungus is behind the walls and often permeates the whole building.

in the book it said that a house infected with it has no possible recovery. total removal of the building recommended.

later i saw images with much worse "bleeding walls" and bigger "blobs"
well... 20 years later the building is still standing. it was renovated and looks amazing from the outside.
i wonder if the bloody fungus is still inside the walls ... ?

edit on 15-10-2017 by glowdog because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It isn't a Leech.
It's over 6 feet long (2 Meters).

Best candidate so far is "ular karung guni" or Elephant Trunk Snake.
Grows to that size, in that area, with that same overall look.

AND (as I linked earlier) there is another report (of what i think is the exact same incident) from another web source which names it as an Ular Karung Guni, Elephant Trunk Snake.

G

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Wow all the way from D.C.?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

Holy crap, I hope he wasn't on the toilet when that thing crawled out. Like that crap monster from the movie Dogma.

Not one I have seen, but yikes, what a thought! That sort of thing could cause some real mental issues!!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

S+F

I thought this was another Trump VS swamp story.

Egads, are we missing any Congressmen??

No. Politicians are usually gross and slimy on the inside.

Point!! Maybe it's a distant relative......

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

or we could drop it in tom delonges house...
ayyyyyy

But....we'd have to pick it up......

.....then enter his house....

ewww!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
a reply to: milano

lot of worms and leeches and snakes etc been suggested yes.

I know tape worms can get insanely long, but aren't they skinny flat and white, hence the name 'tape'

What sticks out for me, and maybe this is because of the #ty quality of the video, but I couldn't see this thing casting a shadow, which is one of the first things I look for in any video.

Just has a CGI look to it for me.

Maybe, but to be fair, no shadows from other objects in the video, either.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheepDipped
It’s a conger eel.

Close, perhaps, but no fins near the front on this thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
There's a Malasian Snake called "ular karung guni" which is fat/flat bodied with a small "dog-like" head. They can apparently reach this (2 Metre) size and seem to fit the general description.

See links/images below:

Translated from an article on MegaCurioso dotcom

The workers who found the creature immediately sought help from the Department of Civil Defense to catch the creature and, as they told it, the animal measures about two meters and weighs approximately 25 kilos. One of the locals said the animal looked like a huge leech, though it had the appearance of a snake and a lizard-like skin to the touch.

LINK to item on duniaitu blogspot (Probably the same "creature")

Sungai Siput: A number of construction workers who are exploring drains near the industrial area in Kampung Muhibbah, here, flew away as soon as they came across strange animals like 'giant leech', yesterday morning...

..."I'm not sure if it's a snake because of his lean body like leeches. In fact, the skin of the animal is quite rough like a lizard skin."

Could be a contender?
G

Edit to add:
ular karung guni translates as Elephant Trunk Snake, and a search for that brought up the article linked below which I think might be the same incident in the OP?

From nst dotcom my

Mat Zuki believed that the creature could have entered the toilet bowl through a water discharge pipe located at the sewerage tank at the back of their house. He said the family had never seen such creature before but some of the locals said it was "ular karung guni" or also known as "ular guni buruk" in some places. "Ular karung guni" or elephant trunk snake is a non-venomous aquatic snake. "The snake, dark in colour with a yellow belly weighed almost 20kg and we are baffled as to how a snake so big could have passed through the pipe," he said. The family kept the snake for two days before releasing it into a canal just in front of the house.

A contender, to be sure, though not likely the same location, since that was in drains they were digging, and this seems to have been inside a home. Still, a possibility!

Even so, not sure. The head seems sturdier, heavier, on the snake shown, though. and the creature seems flatter as well. But good find, in any case!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HypnoAsp
It moves like a flatworm. I am sure of it. However I have never heard of one so large. I think the largest get between 4-8 inches. It has to be related. I am on my phone so I cant upload a picture ..

Looked up some pics and video, and the sea sort look quite different, though large. The "giant" ones show, too, were far smaller. Does move more like a worm or leech, though!

I am still leaning toward giant leech.

That, or something from the X-Files.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadRandy217
I love stories about stuff crawling out of the crapper! Lol. You mad the day to day drama and bull# go away for a few minutes.
Thank you

You are welcome! I always liked the weird stories myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This $hit gives me the willies....if something like that crawled from my drain I would be moving to another country. That is just all NO NO NO from me...

You and me both. I can't even imagine! I threatened to move when I discovered a nasty brown widow in our attic crawl space, if the hubby didn't kill it. I wasn't kidding, either. Nasty things!!

This? Gads, can't even imagine! Not sure I could go back into the house.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join