It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Anouncement: October 11th 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krusty the Klown
a reply to: Arbitrageur

To be fair the document you just posted from the SEC filing says to

"Repay a loan FROM Our Two Dogs Inc"
That's what I said.

Not "Repay a loan OF" said company.
I didn't say that, so I don't understand your point.

This denotes that the hot dog company has loaned TTSA some cash to get started.
That's my understanding, but it's Tom DeLonge's failed hot dog company that made the loan, right?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I took from your post that your insinuation is that there something dodgy about the transaction.

I was trying to make the point that this may not be the case, loans to corporate entities from directors is very common, particularly in smaller entities. So not necessarily anything nefarious going on.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krusty the Klown

I took from your post that your insinuation is that there something dodgy about the transaction.

I was trying to make the point that this may not be the case, loans to corporate entities from directors is very common, particularly in smaller entities. So not necessarily anything nefarious going on.

You missed the point entirely.

It's not that the transaction is dodgy, it sounds perfectly reasonable to make such a loan.

The point was that if Tom DeLonge is saying on social media that he can't touch the money investors put into TTS, that could be construed as a misrepresentation if in effect 400,000 dollars of what goes into TTS ends up going back to Tom DeLonge through his hotdog company.

If instead of saying "I can't touch the money" or whatever he said on social media, he said "I made a $400k loan through my hot dog company to TTS to get it started and some of the money from investors will be used to repay that loan", then it would be full disclosure and not dodgy. What would make it dodgy is saying he can't touch the money investors put into TTS, which is what Grant Cameron says DeLonge said, and Cameron's point is since that's apparently not true it's beyond dodgy.

edit on 2018113 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Ok, that makes sense, as suggested earlier Cameron is probably not versed in business law. It would most probably come down to the wording of the loan agreement and what level of equity does TDL have in the hot dog company, ie if he only owns 10% and the company has been liquidated he would not see any of the loan.

Too many unknowns here.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: thepixelpusher

On this topic though, I feel its imperative to talk about our individual perceptions and experiences. If seen in that way, it starts to pool facets like TDL and TTSA into a much larger picture.

"

Please explain this statement further.

For example, I personally have to be careful not to contribute too much to a thread,
or it derails completely, ruining the original post. This is why I refrain from responding
as much as I can.

But if you want an "individual perception / experience", I would like to remind any esotericissts in
this thread, that it was commonly known in the middle ages and afterwards, in western esotericism,
that "spirits" would become corrupted, and generally hostile, if exposed to humans too much.

It seems to me, that this explains the progressive decay of some "experiencers".. what might
start out as a benign cooperation between a little quasi-energy lifeform and themselves
nearly always turns nasty.

I know this sort of talk creeps people out.. but we have a symbiotic relationship with
stomach flora and fauna.. i suspect our consciousness could not even survive, at least
in it's present form, without a collaborative lifecycle with these other "little guys".

If this is the case, it would certainly explain a great many things, including why PSP phenomenon
seems to know exactly what we are thinking even before we do and are so responsive. it would
explain marian effect stuff (cooperative effects between the little fellers), etc. etc.

Those stomach flora and fauna were unknown for most of human history..

---

Ok.. was that helpful for understanding TDL?

Doesn't seem that it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kevin2024

Since we are now mere decades away from sending our first interstellar probes and probably less than a century away from a true interstellar craft of some sort (e.g. 100 year starship) and we are still very much just apes coming down from the trees, why do you find it so unlikely other beings in the galaxy have done what we have and are now visiting or have visited us in the past?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant
a reply to: Kevin2024

Since we are now mere decades away from sending our first interstellar probes and probably less than a century away from a true interstellar craft of some sort (e.g. 100 year starship) and we are still very much just apes coming down from the trees, why do you find it so unlikely other beings in the galaxy have done what we have and are now visiting or have visited us in the past?

edit on 13-1-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

It certainly might have happened 10 billion years ago 1 billion galaxies over,
perhaps even beyond the light cone so we can never see it in our part of space.

But all indicators are that we live in an empty universe, at least no Kardashev II
civilizations.. we could see their engineering feats across half the universe,
and we haven't.

There is simply no evidence for it.

On the other hand, there are HUGE amounts of evidence for "shenanigans"
and some evidence for the kind of stuff I post about.

Trust me... a lot of us wanted "star trek aliens" out there.. but if it's not true..
it's not true.

Kev

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The probability of some other civilization visiting Earth a million years ago or visiting us yesterday, is the same. And we are now learning that just about every star has planets and many seem to have planetary systems. JWST will in all likelihood explode the number of confirmed exoplanets and planets in the goldilocks zone. It is only logical to assume other intelligent life exists out there in the universe. Actually, one has to believe in some religion based uniqueness of humans to think there are not others there.

Why haven't we observed them or their tech? Difficult to say, maybe if some form of FTL travel is possible, we can't detect it? Or some form of travel which is close to the speed of light. Possibly they don't use the electromagnetic spectrum anymore.

(Provided we don't nuke ourselves into oblivion) I can guarantee there is going to be an interstellar alien craft visiting and studying another solar system within the next 200 years. If not for anyone else, it will be us doing it.

edit on 13-1-2018 by Sublant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Perceptions certainly don't make a whole case for anything, but on this topic, perceptions and even experiences have been manipulated heavily for decades. Perhaps more blatantly than any other subject out there.

While I am of the mind that our perception and senses build our entire picture of "reality," without openly discussing them we become more and more susceptible to said manipulation. When we interact with others, we make a lot of assumptions and the less we actually talk about our perception, the more those assumptions can lead us astray (not the best wording..).

The end product we see is disagreement. This disparity isn't specific to this topic, its a core aspect behind the MindWar being waged on the public. Our neurology automatically fills in gaps and the less in-depth discussion takes place, the more the entire conversation becomes founded on (frequently erroneous) assumption.

Basically, we all assume we are on the same page. When we aren't, and haven't "talked it out," what are actually just different chapters in the same book appear as if they are from different genres, or even different "religions."

Manipulating this process isn't particularly difficult, but where most miss out is that it isn't all about making people accept something. Its about shaping reaction, whether that be acceptance or rejection of a given premise.

What makes it even more complicated is that folks like TDL are actually genuine themselves. But, the folks behind the stage are not. So, the more we speak of our own terms, the less the entire conversation/narrative can be shaped in a certain way. The "story" is written no matter what, its more a matter of active collaboration than assuming we are all reading the same book and seeing the same things.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well, my post to pixelpusher explains it a bit more.

Now, I would have to disagree that it isn't helpful. If we discuss it in the context of what is happening here with TTSA, it raises some interesting possible motives.

In your context, leading people away from the "truth" may be a function of limiting said corruption that takes place.

That helps explain some of the motives, but not necessarily the funding aspect.

Of course, we can intentionally attempt to make our perceptions pull away from any given topic, ripping our own chapters out of the story, but they still originated in the same place: a certain species experiences of, and attempted explanations for, things that are seemingly skirting the limits of the human experience and our Cultural Story.

Like I've said, it certainly isn't specific to this topic and changing the social exploration process (or lack thereof) might be a fool's errand.. but, at its core, the more data we have, the less assumptions and injected code can steer the conversation.

IMO, best case scenario: real evidence is released by the US government. Then what? I'm not convinced that will change anyone's position, at least not many, and in the end the government will simply be sharing their perception of their experiences. Maybe I just don't hold the hope that the pseudo-appeal to authority is the *key* to the whole thing, or maybe I just have a problematic level of distrust for "authorities." In any case, I just don't see such things being the world-changing admissions that some see. And that maybe manipulation, on this topic more than any other, has become so habitual as to be inescapable, so that even if its all genuine it will follow the same outline as before.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2018 by Serdgiam because: Derp

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree.

IMO, best case scenario: real evidence is released by the US government. Then what?

As you pointed out, how can we be sure this isn't another manipulation, even if there is some real info in the disclosure? How can we be sure the gatekeeper of these secrets doesn't have some agenda unbeknownst to Tom DeLonge? We can't, but you mention one key thing. We are not one mind on this topic. No, we certainly are not if you've read all the posts. But...we can be many voices discussing it here to examine and see if there is truth or deception. Funny how crowd sourced investigations here on other topics pulled things apart for study. If only to show that things don't add up and we should beware of the official narrative. That is useful for one thing, so we don't let our minds get on the same train without knowing where it's going. Where it will lead us. We can at least come together here to discuss and maybe cheer what we find out or warn others of the danger ahead. We have at least that. This place the owners of ATS gave us to come together and discuss what is happening and maybe bring light out of darkness. Truth out of Deception. We have at least that.
edit on 13-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The probability of some other civilization visiting Earth a million years ago or visiting us yesterday, is the same.

that's not correct. over billions of years, new civilizations might form, which night become high tech
and which might survive long enough and have the desire to go into space.

Over 10 billions years, you might get 10 such civilizations.. that's 10 times more than if you only go
back a billion.

It's reasonable to assume other life MIGHT exist out but it's NOT reasonable to assume ANYTHING
about that life.. ESPECIALLY to assume it's got Star Trek tech is utter silliness. There is zero
basis for that.

Actually, everything you surnised is just wishful thinking, not much different than religion.

But to make you feel better, I certainly make some whopping big hypothesis, based upon
persona research and what I consider evidence. But I'll be the first one to say that I'm
wrong, if I'm disproven.

But that's the difference between hypothesis and unfounded/unproven assumptions.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

The probability of some other civilization visiting Earth a million years ago or visiting us yesterday, is the same.

that's not correct. over billions of years, new civilizations might form, which night become high tech

What has that got to do with what I wrote? Whether today, thousand years ago or five million years ago, probability of that visitation happening at all is the same. I wasn't making any other claim.

Everything we know makes it more and more likely the universe is full of life. Potential habitable homes for life are being discovered almost weekly, and when JWST becomes operational, those numbers are going to rise significantly.

As I understand it, this is what TDL is saying. That many of the gods and myths of old are just travelers from other solar systems. "We are all a cargo cult"-idea.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What has that got to do with what I wrote? Whether today, thousand years ago or five million years ago, probability of that visitation happening at all is the same. I wasn't making any other claim.

Everything we know makes it more and more likely the universe is full of life. Potential habitable homes for life are being discovered almost weekly, and when JWST becomes operational, those numbers are going to rise significantly.

As I understand it, this is what TDL is saying. That many of the gods and myths of old are just travelers from other solar systems. "We are all a cargo cult"-idea.

You find value in what TDL is saying? You are very brave. I had no idea there was anyone left
in this thread with that opinion, who would post that at least.

So I understand your position now.

Kind Regards,

Kev

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's reasonable to assume other life MIGHT exist out but it's NOT reasonable to assume ANYTHING
about that life.. ESPECIALLY to assume it's got Star Trek tech is utter silliness. There is zero
basis for that.

You are wrong. We know of one example of a habitable planet in the goldilocks zone of a star and we know that planet not only created intelligent life, but also a spacefaring civilization, well on it's way to have an interstellar probe capability. That's us. Unless you think our development needed somekind of divine guidance to get here of course.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

basis for that.

You are wrong. We know of one example of a habitable planet in the goldilocks zone of a star and we know that planet not only created intelligent life, but also a spacefaring civilization, well on it's way to have an interstellar probe capability. That's us. Unless you think our development needed somekind of divine guidance to get here of course.

All we know is that it happened once.

Inductive reasoning needs a sample size greater than one to have any significance.

I'm not even saying (as I've endlessly explained) that there aren't physical aliens in ships somewhere
in reality.

But we haven't met them yet, and probably never will.

In our universe alone, there could be uncharted space 1 billion times in the size of the chaoitic
inflation bubble that we perceive as chartable space.

If some alien has a rocket that can travel 10% of the speed of light, and is 1 trillion light years away,
it's pointless to even discuss that as a possibility. And 10% of relativistic speed will cause him to
detonate anyway.. when a speck of dust hits him.

It makes good television.. and sells books for TDL, but that's about all the theory is worth.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You're leaving out overlaping dimensions. Could be similar overlapping dimensions too in consideration here.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

There are a thousand theories, none currently provable.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Study what has been proven through Quantum Physics.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join