It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Anouncement: October 11th 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Every famous person that I've met or had discussions with, is in some way a true believer in their favorite
theory, and often heavily favor one particular form of pseudo-science, even if they are brilliant working
scientists. They try to control their impulses, so as to not corrupt their work, but they are just human
too.

I too believe that TDL genuinely believes whatever he really believes.

But that and 25 cents won't buy you a cup of coffee.

He's surrounded by a crowd of people, some handlers no doubt, and others who want to grab
some DOD research money for real research..

Kev

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Kevin2024

Hell, the vast majority of these events may be some strange form of energy discharge that, for whatever reason, get parsed out into what looks like a "craft." Extrapolation beyond that will necessarily adhere to what we already "know and understand."

Yup, i'm still there.. but also add in possible non-ionizing radiation experiments to influence human behavior,
possible epigenetic manipulation testing on the populace, psy-ops, etc. etc. and a few misidentified
experimental craft.. and that about covers the "real", non-entertainment parts of this stuff.

Again, for the people who I accidentally offend, who follow the ET hypothesis.. I have nothing against real-world ET"s existing 10,000 galaxies or Universes over.. but there is no evidence they've ever visited.. maybe they will visit later today, who knows?

And the religious people who I ruffle.. I've no problem with "god" either.. "god" (or a boltzman brain) might well erupt from the void or evolve.. and I've nothing against the concept of "spiritual creatures" (the would actually be coherent energy beings.. but they probably want little or nothing to do with us).

On the other hand, the Roman empire, Constantine more specifically, perpetrated the most egregious psy-op
history has ever seen, making the "UFO" psyop pale in comparison. So I"m not sympathetic to abrahamic faiths.

I have a pretty open mind, and I don't want to put anybody down.

But the most basic perusal of history is most educating... and dispels myriad low-quality thinking.

Kev

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wonder how some of these aviary folk deal with the obvious challenges of dangling something LIKE disclosure that is so far from actual disclosure for so many years. You would think there would be some reticence or shame they might feel offering up meaty stories with very little actual meat.

edit on 10-1-2018 by Harpua because: Learning how to post an image

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

I tried about a half dozen different ways of posting an image to my post above and failed.

Any tips?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Click 'quote' on this post to see the easy way from external sources.

However you can "upload" the picture to ATS as well by following this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Something convinced all these veteran high profile govt. people to make themselves into public punching bags. Must have been good or why subject yourself to ridicule??
edit on 10-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Again, for the people who I accidentally offend, who follow the ET hypothesis.. I have nothing against real-world ET"s existing 10,000 galaxies or Universes over.. but there is no evidence they've ever visited.. maybe they will visit later today, who knows?

Who knows. Alien ET from another galaxy, another dimension or somewhere else/place/phenomenon we don't know or are aware of. I don't think it'll be as simple as everyone thinks if we get disclosure. maybe the govt. really doesn't know or cannot identify the origin.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Not my picture or my post. I was helping out someone else.

Who exactly is ridiculing these people anyway?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That picture you posted is a ridicule to the man for helping Tom DeLonge with a topic/subject long ridiculed or laughed at. The subject of UFO's and space travel beyond our universe. I agree with the joke. why did he leave a prestigious job to sell UFO promises. What does he KNOW for sure to make him be made into a public laughing stock over this involvement? As outsiders, it looks like a poor move on his part. Or does he know something we don't to make it worth his while. Possibly make it into the history books?
edit on 10-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

he could be a quack laughed out of his line of work with the DoD and now has gotten in where he fits in. plus he may be thinking "hey gotta make a living somehow"

humans will do all sorts to survive. In a dark period of my past I've dumpster dived, recycled scrap metal, and had people passing by on the street point and laugh at me while I was filthy dragging scrap to the local junk yard to make enough money to eat a single burger off the McDonalds dollar menu to survive. so I know what desperation can do to a person. i don't think elizondo was/is quite that rock bottom but he has some of the qualities I've seen that come out of personal upheaval and your life taking a turn for the worst. for him to go and do this also signals to me that he doesn't quite get it and is either slightly immoral, making a buck off and having some fun out of this community leveraging his past failures and is probably slightly pathological. plus I bet going on MSM and being taken "seriously" for a moment by getting interviewed has done wonders for his self esteem even if it's transient and short sighted.

edit on 10-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Or this could be more meddling from the intelligence community for whatever reason/s. So many on Delonge/Elizando team are ex-CIA.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Man I love that picture/meme- thank you for sharing it! Priceless.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

i agree. elizondo may be a useful stooge. not the first time they've done sonething like that.
edit on 10-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Bottom line, on which we all agree, is that the evidence to come from To The Stars Academy will have to be significant enough for it to break the distrust in the public over the topic of UFO's. It'll have to be evidence available for third-party review and scientific review by independent labs. That's a tall order and I'm pretty sure that DeLonge's team understand the enormous task ahead of them to bring something to the public in this category. If this is a scam to get money from the public and never deliver, it will flame out pretty quick. Entertainment based around UFO's, without his compelling evidence, will not let DeLonge build his new company. Makes me wonder what they have to get everyone to put themselves up for ridicule. Only the most recent UFO story on TV were handled in a serious manner. Before it was normally a HA HA story.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Off-topic, but i'm enormously relived that you are doing better now.

Kev

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I am not at all sure that they have to have something "big" just because they say they do. Yes I know they all have reputations, but so did every charlatan that peddled nonsense in the past, and it certainly didn't stop them.

Absence of evidence is most certainly not evidence that something isn't absent. Or rather an absence of evidence is just that, nothing at all. I wouldnt count on them flooring you just because you think they are going to lose something you seem too valuable if they don't. People know they are going to lose their freedom and possibly their life, but they go on murdering someone anyway. We do all sorts of weird things for weird reasons as humans.

Now I am not professing that they will never produce what they claim, but until they do I think it a waste to suppose how much that claim is worth to them. We know for sure they are getting paid, books, movies, all that aside from their public offering.

What we do know for sure, is that there is far too much going on behind their scenes that we just don't know about. That could be a myriad of things, and the evidence they claim is just a fraction of that myriad.

I will say though that the last Lavenda interview you posted was probably the most rational and hope inspiring interview I have seen or heard for this project so far. Honestly, TDL should probably let Peter take over all the media from here on out. All of it. He personally is not doing them any favors with the ones he has done. I am not saying I could do better, but Peter obviously can do what neither Tom nor I could do, and that is talk intelligently and succinctly about the topic and project. He made a fan out of me actually and I am looking forward to reading his Nazi work.

If the media isnt HaHa'ing, it isn't because they trust and believe Tom. Joe F'ing Rogan couldnt even take him seriously. I have listened to JRE for 4 or 5 years now and he has given more credibility to far less credible people, simply because they are better at communicating their message.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Great points. We're in wait mode, but how they handle the silence in between matters too. I agree wholeheartedly on that.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

To be fair, there's a wee bit of belittling there

But they are extremely, extremely valid questions. Our senses that build our perception are relatively limited, and because of that, pretty darn easy to "trick."

Some part of us really doesn't like that, maybe because we construct our perception to "make sense." So, when it loses coherency, its problematic. Probably the same mechanism behind a lot of social and environmental interactions.

Sadly, in that way, experiences like dreams, lifeforms that "don't make sense," or anything that goes against the social and individual framework we have built up to now, are at best discarded and at worst derided.

Yup. Seems more like baiting than curiosity. If I had evidence to back up my experience I'd debate it. My aim in the other thread was to ID the aircraft. Lacking any headway in that part of the thread I shared some other parts of the experience that are up for debate I guess, but I'm sensing only ridicule on what I posted. Since, I'm not interested in debating it and I have no way to prove anything, there really is no sense to share more. What I believe is my own opinion based upon what I experienced. If others choose to belittle me or smear me, they are welcome to their opinion. I'm not seeking to make my experience public past trying to identify the craft. I made the mistake of including other stuff in my thread and it opened it up for ridicule. So, seeing as that ridicule manifested here too I'm not saying any more for just that reason. Not out of trying to dodge questions.

But, the focus of the thread here is DeLonge and I've worked to post on topic links and study. Let's return to that and stop the slandering insuations about my experience.
edit on 11-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Click 'quote' on this post to see the easy way from external sources.

However you can "upload" the picture to ATS as well by following this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks... the insert image link button wasn't working and I couldn't find the right code to plug in.

I think this meme does have a certain painful truth element to it.

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join