It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Anouncement: October 11th 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
FFS! Does anybody around here have any interest in UFOs at all???!
Honestly, first listen to the entire event before making any more comments.

Chris Mellon gives us details and date of an absolutely convincing UFO incident involving the US navy. Described here:
fightersweep.com...

Go here to hear Mr. Mellon's words, around 14:20: www.pscp.tv...

Chris Mellon is not some outlandish looney, but a man who served 20 years in the federal government, including as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and Bush Administrations. And he is putting his reputation on the line! He says it is now up to the press and public to request an official statement from the US government about this incident. They won't be able to lie there way out of this.
But, hey, if it were for the ATS crowd, people would probably prefer to pick on Mellon because he is involved in a business.

To ME this is as close as we can get to disclosure without the US (or Russian) government letting down their pants voluntarily. This IS big.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup
One concrete thing came from it. Chris Mellon stated on stage a case the govt has hard evidence of a Ufo. Specifically the Nimitz case whereby an unidentified object was detected on radar, observed, recorded, then proceeded to impossibly out maneovre the F18s sent to chase it.

I see no reason why he would make himself a liar on stage. It seems an interesting thread for the community to pull on.

Link to the background story on the USS Nimitz USS Nimitz UFO 2004

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

According to history this is nothing to get excited about. We have had plenty of ex gov't officials come out and state they have witness things. They have even spoke in front of Congress.

So Why are you getting excited about this? What is different here in this project , that makes you think this isn't a money grab or will make a difference?

Chris Mellon is not some outlandish looney, but a man who served 20 years in the federal government, including as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and Bush Administrations. And he is putting his reputation on the line! He says it is now up to the press and public to request an official statement from the US government about this incident. They won't be able to lie there way out of this.

I call BS. He was a powerful man who likely still has contacts in key places. He has more power to get this data released or leaked than the press and the public combined.

Since when has the gov't gave into the what the public wants? Where are the JFK files which is peanuts compared to this.

Since when does the press really investigate rather than regurgitate the same thing over and over that they want you focused on?

No the PRESS won't get it done and neither will the people. He is taking the safe position that nothing will come of this , except hype for a commercial venture.

Put up or Shut up .
Sorry but the UFO community is filled with enough charlatans that it warrants the skepticism upfront . It is up to the next upcoming UFO spokesperson to proof that they have evidence and not just hearsay which has been done already.

edit on 331031America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 15:33:12 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

How does this differ from the Disclosure hearings with Bassett and Greer and everyone else?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: coursecatalog

How does this differ from the Disclosure hearings with Bassett and Greer and everyone else?

Greer was attempting to harangue the establishment with testimony of individuals. Yielded nothing for as long.as he's been at it. This is an attempt at something collaborative, 'you feed us some scraps to work on and we defend what's been done in books films'. Remains to be seen if it gets any further than Greer's efforts.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Thank you for elaborating on the critic. Your statements make more sense than "dadudesuckezROFL".

a reply to: coursecatalog

I admit, I have not researched earlier testimonials. Their staff just impresses me:

Jim Semivan is the co-founder and Vice President Operations of TTS Academy. In 2007, Mr. Semivan founded the consulting firm, JimSem1, LLC, after his retirement as a senior intelligence service member of the Central Intelligence Agency. Since retirement, Mr. Semivan primarily worked for JimSem,1 a consultant for the Intelligence Community (IC) on classified topics including IC leadership training, CIA tradecraft training and IC programs for countering weapons of mass destruction. Mr. Semivan retired from the Central Intelligence Agency’s Directorate of Operations after 25 years as an operations officer, both overseas and domestically. Mr. Semivan holds bachelor’s degrees from The Ohio State University and a M.A. from San Francisco State University.

Dr. Harold E. Puthoff is the co-founder and Vice President of Science and Technology of TTS Academy. Since 1985, Dr. Puthoff has served as President and CEO of EarthTech International, Inc. (ETI), and Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin (IASA). He has published numerous papers on electron-beam devices, lasers and space propulsion and has patents issued in the laser, communications, and energy fields. Dr. Puthoff’s professional background spans more than five decades of research at General Electric, Sperry, the National Security Agency, Stanford University and SRI International. Dr. Puthoff regularly advises NASA , the Department of Defense and intelligence communities, corporations and foundations on leading-edge technologies and future technology trends. He earned his Ph.D. from Stanford University in 1967.

Steve Justice is the Director of the TTS Academy Aerospace Division, tasked with leading the effort to examine the possibilities of emerging sciences and technologies. This team will work to define advanced systems exploiting radical technologies, prototypes promising concepts, and develop operational systems that shatter conventional thinking. He entered the defense aerospace industry in 1978 after graduating from the Georgia Institute of Technology. After 31 years, Stephen is the recently retired Program Director for Advanced Systems from Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs – better known as the “Skunk Works”. Stephen’s industry experience brings to TTS Academy a deep understanding of strategy definition, breakthrough technology development, advanced concept design, prototyping, system fielding, and program planning and execution using a leadership style that inspires innovation.

Luis Elizondo is a career intelligence officer whose experience includes working with the U.S. Army, the Department of Defense, the National Counterintelligence Executive, and the Director of National Intelligence. As a former Special Agent In-Charge, Luis conducted and supervised highly sensitive espionage and terrorism investigations around the world. As an intelligence Case Officer, he ran clandestine source operations throughout Latin America and the Middle East. Most recenty, Luis managed the security for certain sensitive portfolios for the US Government as the Director for the National Programs Special Management Staff. For nearly the last decade, Luis also ran a sensitive aerospace threat identification program focusing on unidentified aerial technologies. Luis’ academic background includes Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, with research experience in tropical diseases. Luis is also an inventor who holds several patents.

Christopher Mellon is a private equity investor, political commentator and the Chair of the Science Committee at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. He served 20 years in the federal government, including as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and Bush Administrations. In addition, he’s worked many years on Capitol Hill including as the Minority Staff Director of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. As an aide to Senator William S. Cohen, he drafted the legislation that established the US Special Operations Command. He is the author of numerous articles on politics and national security, and the recipient of multiple awards from the Department of Defense and agencies of the US Intelligence Community. He holds a B.A. in economics from Colby College and an M.A. in international affairs from Yale University.

Dr. Garry Nolan is the Rachford and Carlota A. Harris Professor in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Stanford University School of Medicine. He trained with Leonard Herzenberg (for his Ph.D.) and Nobel recipient Dr. David Baltimore (for postdoctoral work). He has published more than 220 research articles and is the holder of 20 US patents, has been honored as one of the top 25 inventors at Stanford University and is the first recipient of the Teal Innovator Award (2012) from the Department of Defense. Dr. Nolan was the founder and has served on the Boards of Directors for several successful biotechnology companies. He holds a B.S. in genetics from Cornell University, a Ph.D. in genetics from Stanford University.

Dr. Paul Rapp is a Professor of Military and Emergency Medicine at the Uniformed Services University and Director of the Traumatic Injury Research Program. He also holds a secondary appointment as a Professor of Medical and Clinical Psychology. He is a past editor of Physica, and served on the editorial boards of the International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, Chaos and Complexity Letters, and Cognitive Neurodynamics. His past honors include a Certificate of Commendation from the Central Intelligence Agency for “significant contributions to the mission of the Office of Research and Development.” Dr. Rapp attended the University of Illinois and earned degrees in physiology (minor in Chemistry, Summa cum Laude) and engineering physics (Summa cum Laude). He received a Ph.D. from Cambridge University, working under the supervision of Professor Sir James Lighthill in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.

Dr. Norm Kahn is currently a consultant on national security for the US Government, with a focus on preventing the use of biological weapons of mass destruction/disruption. Dr. Kahn had over a 30-year career with the Central Intelligence Agency, culminating in his development and direction of the Intelligence Community's Counter-Biological Weapons Program. Dr. Kahn is the recipient of the Agency's Distinguished Career Intelligence Medal and the Director of National Intelligence's National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal. Dr. Kahn holds a B.S. degree in biology from the City College of New York and a Ph.D. in oceanography from the University of Rhode Island.

Dr. Colm Kelleher is a biochemist with a twenty-eight-year research career in cell and molecular biology currently working in senior management in the aerospace sector. He served as Laboratory Director at biotech company, Prosetta Corporation, leading several small molecule drug discovery programs focused on viruses of interest to the United States Department of Defense. [TOO LONG]
edit on 11-10-2017 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There are Government witnesses and then there are Government Employees who worked on Unacknowledged Special Access Programs who come out from under the secrecy, especially Lockheed Martin Skunk Works and CIA senior spooks. They would not have come forward, ever, if they were not green lighted by something or someone. They are bound by National Security for life. A switch has been flipped and these guys are being allowed to come forward, but not as official government employees, as the government needs to keep distant and hands clean. It;s being done by proxy, as most things are done this way. Been around this subject for 40 years and seen all the "Witnesses". This is different, very different. Remain sceptical as always of course, but keep a close eye on this......
edit on 11-10-2017 by privatepilotuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2017 by privatepilotuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Continuing... (length of posting limited)

The list of staff is from their website and is even longer.

A possible difference to earlier events: Some of these guys have been in office as recently as one month ago.
It looks like they do have the support from within the organizations who are dealing with the ATS stuff.

An intuitive connection of all I heard from Tom DeLonge (interviews and books) leads me to assume that he got tentative permission for a soft release. Personally, I do not see the US government as purely evil. I think Putin is worse and China is also an oppressive regime. As Tom said somewhere, the people working in these projects shouldered a tremendous responsibility. They may have made bad mistakes (or not, I don't know). But I do not join the ranks of those who prefer to think the worst of their fellow men - even if they work for the government :-)
I think the vast majority of people wants to do good and help, even in the secret services. But confronted with such an unusual subject, it may have been VERY difficult to strike the right balance between safety, secrecy and adherence to the legislation and democratic values. Now the time seems to have come where they want to try whether it is safe to let a few cats out of the bag. If this project does not find interest and support, they will just scrap it all. So maybe we should be open for the possibility that something good CAN happen. Wild thought for some, I know :-)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: privatepilotuk

Thank you for this information!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thank you for elaborating on the critic. Your statements make more sense than "dadudesuckezROFL".

yeah its harsh, but the UFO field warrants the upfront skepticism.

Here is the thing. Anytime somebody has to hype disclosure you can bet they are COMPLETELY full of it. Disclosure will require no hype. It will spread itself like a wild fire.

The more hype and suggested statements made the bigger the BS. Tom D out did himself in hype and making suggested statements from the start.

Guys like him actually hurt the UFO community more than help it.

edit on 561031America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 15:56:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore To ME this is as close as we can get to disclosure without the US (or Russian) government letting down their pants voluntarily.

not good enough. not even close.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

waaayyyy too many red flags right now
also this feels like an textbook psy-op operation, due to the fbi and cia participation

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree that Tom DeLonge outdid himself in the hype department :-)

I see this project less as a disclosure of "there are ETs and we have been visited all along", but more as an effort to publicly release some of the technologies that will help us save the planet. It could also be an inspiration for science, like the race to space was in the Sputnik area.
edit on 11-10-2017 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
Just got this e-mail, if anybody is interested and has time to watch:

EXCLUSIVE LIVE BROADCAST EVENT
October 11th
9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

To The Stars & Tom DeLonge presents…

An initiative mobilizing the brightest minds from within the top-secret shadows of aerospace, science and the Department of Defense.

Watch and hear about how we plan to bring transformative science and engineering to global citizens and support breakthrough research, discovery and innovation that can benefit humanity.

Including:

Chris Mellon: FMR Deputy Asst Secretary of Defense for Intelligence
Jim Semivan: FMR Sr. Intelligence Service, CIA’s Directorate of Operations
Dr. Hal Puthoff: Director of DOD/CIA/DIA Scientific Research Programs
Steve Justice: FMR Advanced Systems Director for Lockheed Martin’s “Skunk Works”
Luis Elizondo: FMR Director of Programs to Investigate Unidentified Aerial Threats, USG

#ProfoundPossibilities

Watch live on www.ToTheStarsAcademy.com [site not reachable at the time of writing]

Weird, I didn't read anything related to the extensive abduction-interbreeding program carried by the aliens against people's will.

Oh well.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Please expand on this: What would be good enough for you so that you would accept it as "disclosure"?
Go from the assumption that the aliens do NOT want to reveal themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

and you gulp it right in? seriously this is the most blatant psy op i have seen since the doty stuff

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Er... if a psy-op (any more than how daily life is a psy-op of sorts) then what's the agenda? All they basically said was "UFOs are real and the govts know so... here's an example of a real sighting and we hope to capitalize on any actual tech that gets released or is derived fromn this."

Fair enough.

Disappointing as no new concrete info came out (i.e. they are the "gods of old" or "most UFOs are a breakaway society using ancient human tech" or some such) but certainly interesting and understandable that it would be dribbled out piecemeal.

Dunno... I won't open any champagne, but it seems like something is actually happening re: some truth filtering out.

Doesn't hurt to be a little optimistic for once.... doesn't make one a total dupe.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

But what would the goal of this psy op be?
Our civilization is already in such a degraded state that I see no need for any psy ops to do us in any further.
Drugs and idiocracy abound, bringing along crime and violence.

Even simply acknowledging that there are unexplained phenomena and striving to replicate the technology is progress in my opinion. Better this than the nothing we had for so long. Maybe there could be more, a "full disclosure". But what would that look like? Would it be beneficial today? Maybe the people who want a controlled disclosure are just trying to do the right thing. That is what Tom DeLonge seems to hint at on various occasions.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The difference here is that they want your money and in exchange they gonna R&D a flying saucer. Of course it would be easier to crowd fund a game on a kickstarter than actual exotic aerospace startup but who am I to judge? I guess they can keep the money and be happy even when they fail to deliver?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

the psy-op is that ufos arent extraterrestrial and if they tell their true oeigin, it will ruin "the fun"

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join