It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Anouncement: October 11th 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

So far the world has not woken up to DeLonge's reveal. It is too blurry and too vague so far. I understand the skeptics since the evidence so far is not overwhelming.

The To The Stars Academy investing has largely went no where since the first reveal. Plenty of people are needing more to overwhelm the skepticism on this subject. Understandable since this subject has been ridiculed forever. But, big claims deserve big evidence, so I do understand the skepticism.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Yup, every single one of us thinks we are right. I actually don't think that is a problem in and of itself. The problem is how that alters our approach and interactions with others and that is certainly not exclusive to this topic. When it starts to foster superiority, condescension, and the sole primary drive to convert others at all costs.. well, that very, very predictably leads to issues. Despite that predictability, some still seem surprised by it all, heh.

I think my biggest issue here, beyond the entertainment company aspect and the reasonable suspicion that engenders, is that DeLonge seems to imply that the operation is different than it really seems to be. For me, and probably others, that raises a helluva lot of red flags.

When he starts talking about how the government is a borderline divinely benevolent group of heroes, that raises more flags. Then, when he starts implying that TTS is anything more than a business, yet more flags..

I would probably have less of an issue with it all if history was different, or if he would just come out and say he wants to start a successful business, but thats not the case. The claim is their goal is the change the world, build community, and "collaborate with global citizens to advance science and build a powerful community of interest."

But.. how do we, as global citizens, collaborate and become a part of said community? Give 'em money.

Personally, I strongly believe that the largest untapped scientific and engineering resource is the public at large. We finally have methods and devices to bring this together globally (modern communication technology). So, when an organization even hints that they are aiming to start a global collaborative effort for the benefit of mankind, yet operates exactly the same as any other business (proprietary, secretive, exclusive, and even compartmentalized), I find it irksome at best.

We really could be on the cusp of seeing how we interact, progress, and learn as a species change dramatically. When an organization hijacks this, even with novel aspects like Disclosure, it tends to do little else than make folks more jaded. When, instead, we could be using the publicity and connections to really change the world for the better, instead of manipulating people's seemingly endless desire to believe.

TL;DR: These folks could do better if they have a genuine desire to "change the world" through creating communities and global collaboration. However, they couldnt do much better if their aim is to monetize Disclosure, peoples desire to Believe, and attempt to change the public's ever-decreasing opinion of government.

Annnnd, /rant
And, yes, it really does bother me that much.

edit on 23-12-2017 by Serdgiam because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

When he starts talking about how the government is a borderline divinely benevolent group of heroes

Did he really say that?

What is wrong with Delong's group is that they are not the kind of people to go along with his rhetoric

Three biotech experts, a geneticist, and the rest past intelligence and security operators and just one lLckeed guy does not equal what he is talking about

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I am the original Tom DeLonge fanboy, author of this thread, massively invested in To The Stars Academy and convinced that alien spaceships exist and have visited earth.

BUT I have to admit that this is a very interesting attempt at debunking! Something in the rotation of the UFO seems just... well, unnatural. Grant Cameron comes to mind who keeps stressing "plausible deniability" as a guiding motive for the governments strategy. While I personally think it is unlikely, it could be that they on purpose chose a video that in the end can be explained as malfunctioning equipment. "Tentative disclosure" if you will: If the story gets out of hand, takes the wrong turn, it will suddenly be debunked through an official examination. If disclosure works as hoped for (no stock exchange crashes, no mass suicides of Abrahamic religion enthusiasts, etc.) they will reveal more.

It is a possibility. Thanks for the link!

No problem!

And I agree, the way the objects rotation correlates exactly with the camera's swiveling, gimbal system makes this 'UFO' highly suspect indeed! Now I suppose the ball is in Delonge and Co.'s court, and I'm wondering if Reid, Bigelow, or anyone from The Team will publicly address any of the major discrepancies in the info released thus far. Perhaps they could come on ATS and answer some questions? Another AMA would be fantastic!

Unfortunately, some part of my post must have been off topic because it was removed by mods.
So for the sake of thread continuity, here's the link to the Debunking Video you're referring to.

edit on 23-12-2017 by Iridomyrmex because: thumbs up

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Ok, maybe instead of "crap" footage I should have said "the footage they're giving to us along with footage of a known object in the same medium so we can compare what known and unknown objects look like in this medium and mode" or something like that. And I'm a veteran. And I WOULD be surprised if they did NOT have other kinds of footage. You think they don't have regular cameras on those big ships? Think again.

edit on 23-12-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Could it be they are releasing the smaller shocks first and saving the best for last to lessen the shock effect.
Since its primarily a money making racket, they of all people should know that first impressions are the best impressions

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Of course, just because everybody defends one's own rightness instinctively does not make it a good strategy for truth finding :-)

I see your point and have to agree with you that it could be different and better.

On the other hand: The Internet has been around for a while and has indeed done wonders for collaborative efforts, especially in my field (IT).
But regarding "fringe technology" (free energy, anti-gravity, etc.) we got nothing substantial.

My experience in life is that the vast majority of people is fairly constructive and wants to help. That is the angle from which I am looking at it:

I have read Sekret Machines (volume 1) and Tom DeLonge says in the foreword that it contains facts, wrapped in fiction. Assuming for a moment that this is true,this woulde mean among other things:
- Non-human beings have been interacting with earth for a long time (think Greek gods).
- Interdimensional or not, these beings use technology and machines.
- The US and Russia have gotten hold of this technology and have succeeded in building a few craft that have "out of this world" capabilities. One serious problem with these craft is that they are ridiculously expensive to build.
- US and Russia are still not good friends and they use said craft in unfriendly scenarios against each other. (Hopefully this has changed with Trump.)

So a possible interpretation is that the US government voluntarily or involuntarily (maybe somebody got a few pedos by their balls?) is willing to attempt a drip-feed disclosure for the first time in history. All is guided by the utmost care not to cause panic or other harmful effects for "the population". Tom DeLonge is a catalyst, but appeared somewhat randomly on the scene.

But, as usual, nothing of what I am saying is provable. So we will have to wait and see. (I am getting a déjà vu here!).

Next up will probably be some experiment that proves that a reduction of weight is possible if specific frequencies are directed at a special mix of materials. If the details are provided and independent labs can reproduce the effect, then that would tell us that we are really going To The Stars... :-)

I am still hopeful but in the last days I have become a bit suspicious that both videos are NOT undeniable proof of unknown technology. If Mexican pilots can misidentify stationary (!) fires as flying objects then possibly a trained US pilot can be confused by drones of human origin, especially if the FLIR has a software bug. I am a software developer and all too familiar with the omnipresence of faulty software programs and the terrible effects they can have. Humans DO err, BIG TIME

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

I think DeLonge has yet to wow the world. The UFO vids he released are not much more than has been revealed in the past. I could be wrong, but I think something more amazing is in order.
edit on 24-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Just to make it clear where I am coming from: I firmly believe that some UFOs are of non-earthly origin. But I admit that until today we have NO objective and irrefutable proof for this.

With this said, I have two more explanations to offer.

The even more cynical explanation:

1) This is an operation to end all UFO speculations for good. The few in power (the Cabal :-) have gotten tired of people like Greer or their own personnel who just won't stay in line. After creating sufficient publicity they will come up with proof that both videos are easily explained by malfunctioning equipment and human error. The entire To The Stars team will be publicly ridiculed and their lives destroyed. This will set an example for everybody else and make intimidation easier in the future. As an investor I will experience the uncomfortable sensation of something big approaching my rear end.

The explanation that is based on trust in my fellow humans:

2) Some people in the know have finally realized that our civilization needs new technologies to survive. They have come to the conclusion that the old depopulation plans have come from true psychopaths and these effects must be undone NOW. They also realize that not all ET intervention on earth is friendly and, as Tom DeLonge says, we now have the technology to fight back, if necessary. So they will release enough technology so that our species can make progress and survive. They will release the absolute minimum of detail about ET because they think it would cause too much upset (and they may be right with this, we really excel at fear, blame and racism). As an investor I will live happily ever after because I will be able to restore my pension fund that was blown up by a Rothschild-owned bank (thank you, AXA).

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iridomyrmex

But we cant judge this video solely on its own, correct me if im wrong. But hasnt this video been handed directly to delonge from the government agency that had it, also there is a matching radar report that tracks it making an insane elevation change in just a second or two.
We dont have any known craft that can do that, regardless if weather the video appears convincing or not.
edit on 24-12-2017 by Rhombus101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2017 by Rhombus101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wishing everybody in this thread happy holidays and a very merry christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Iridomyrmex

As much as it hurts my pride, my purse, my heart and possibly soon other body parts, the critical voices are justified and must be analyzed with attention to detail.

As the thepixelpusher has pointed out, both videos have failed to create a sensation and maybe rightly so. Not even investment into Tom's company has made a significant jump.

That said, here is a link with a good attempt at debunking the second video:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I think you are spot on!

I am not discrediting the personal observations of pilots or military personnel here, but I am considering the possibility that both videos were carefully chosen so that they can be debunked if necessary.

Let's hope the story continues in 2018!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I think DeLonge has yet to wow the world. The UFO vids he released are not much more than has been revealed in the past. I could be wrong, but I think something more amazing is in order.

Just to be clear, I think DeLonge is just winding up to something special. Watch the media attention grow even deeper. DeLonge has gotten the media to start to dialogue in a non joking manner. Previous high profile investigators will come to DeLonges defense as the reveals grow more amazing.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Well, in my mind, "fringe technology" is a lot more general. I'd even say I hesitate to call it "fringe," just advancement. It could be anything from a new innovation for the microwave in your kitchen, a new approach in manufacturing, new type of energy generator, or hell, some ultra realistic VR Tamagotchi.

The point isn't the specific tech, but a framework that effectively pools resources. That particular topic is a bit OT here though, and if I'm honest, I'm kind of done with talking about it in-depth. I guess I see it as a bit pointless, as cynical as that probably is!

I have little doubt that the people connected to TTS have access to some interesting stuff, directly or indirectly. Lots and lots of neat tech has been developed in exactly the same way: behind closed doors, funded at least in part by the public, military focused, and only really relevant to the "average" person decades down the line. And then, very rarely in an open source or hackable form where the population at large can make officially accepted improvements and receive credit, much less compensation.

When it comes down to it, I feel that many of these arenas, from science to the process of invention itself, have waddled into an area where they are inaccessible to many folks. Sure, we can Google, go on Wikipedia, and watch others do the work itself, but a disconnect has grown. Hell, some people think "science" is following the right people on twitter and subscribing to the right magazines.

Thinking about it, I suppose most of my posts concerning DeLonge are essentially rants..

Anyway, the point isn't about what specific innovations TTS might churn out, if any. The problem is that its doing it under the auspices of changing a much larger, much more important paradigm. But, it seems to only be playing the part in order to drum up investors for a very typical business. Even if it is dealing with "fringe" subjects, it seems it is just attempting to monetize and corner the market before anyone else succeeds doing the same.

Again, I actually feel that's perfectly ok at its core, but I get real suspicious, real fast when its being sold as something else entirely. Especially when I believe those are changes and endeavours that we actually need to make. In a way, its poisoning the well for any individuals or groups that come along afterwards that actually want to "collaborate with global citizens to advance science and build a powerful community of interest" as more than just a marketing spiel. I take it so personally because that is exactly what I work towards, but with limited funds and even more limited health. Hell, my prototypes are made out of cardboard. (to be fair, its actually an excellent material for general prototyping)

And really, maybe that's the whole point. Beyond the typical Disclosure manipulation, maybe its an attempt to cut these things off before they can grow globally. Both by discrediting the very notion of building a novel paradigm, and getting a foothold that can be used to leverage things wherever "they" want them to go.

The best way to do that, I think, is make some waves. I can't think of much more effective ways than a collaboration between highly experienced military, the entertainment industry along with CGI, bringing some technologies out of the black, and start it all off with a cultural bang: "Aliens."

Lots of words from me, I do apologize for that. The topic seems to make me more verbose than usual, which takes some doin'. I guess when it comes down to it, I see an actual, viable path to that fabled "better world" and have put literal blood, sweat, and tears (and lots of pain, though that'd be true anyway) into designing and constructing tools to get there.

So, when someone(s) come along claiming the same, when it actually seems to just be a typical business practicing PR and targeted marketing.. well.. I think its a bit of a tragedy and an affront on so very many levels.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Same to you!
My sister has always derided me for my mainstream music taste, but here we go:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I can understand your frustration. You have an idealistic attitude and I find this very commendable!
Sometimes it seems like the world is mocking our efforts while it is taking the next step towards the abyss.
I found a lot of inspiriation and comfort in the philosophy of Transurfing. Maybe you check it out. It is quite incredible, in the very sense of the word.

As for health and pain I have had great success with doctors considered quacks by the pharma-addicted masses. Dr. Mercola, Dr. Shallenberger and Al Sears MD are three names I can recommend, for example.

In a way, its poisoning the well for any individuals or groups that come along afterwards that actually want to "collaborate with global citizens to advance science and build a powerful community of interest" as more than just a marketing spiel. I take it so personally because that is exactly what I work towards, but with limited funds and even more limited health.

That would be the saddest possible outcome. Not impossible, of course, but let us paint a better future, at least in our minds. And much success for the realization of your idea!

Beyond the typical Disclosure manipulation, maybe its an attempt to cut these things off before they can grow globally. Both by discrediting the very notion of building a novel paradigm, and getting a foothold that can be used to leverage things wherever "they" want them to go.

A disturbing thought. Should they be really scared of Steven Greer's ENERGY SOLUTIONS project? I find Greer's approach interesting as he stresses the importance of publishing a working concept immediatly on a broad scale so that its suppression will be impossible.

P.S: Count me in for the ultra realistic VR Tamagotchi!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

IIRC the object was flir filmed at 40 miles out. An F-18 cockpit isn't that large. They well may have had more conventional camera's onboard, but the mission criteria comes first. UFO selfies are pretty far down on the priority list.

Secondly this nonsense with Delonge is ridiculous.

Louis Elizondo is the one previously in charge of the program, any information is going to come from him. He's the one who saw the reports, presented findings to higher ups and NOT Delonge.

As long as Bigelow as a DOD contractor has lock and key on the other half of the information it will take official sanctions from the DOD to move this along. Otherwise all we're going to get are scraps not covered by security clearances.

To date the DOD has NOT acknowledged they are or wii be working with Tom Delonge or his group.
What Bigelow has currently that isn't property of the DOD is considered proprietary and no one can compel him or his company to release it.

These are the facts of the situation we're working with.

The unanswered question is since this program hasn't ended, what department at the DOD did it get renamed and folded into? Who's the new Director? If we don't start FOIA-ing this it's going to disappear into another classified oblivion.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well I certainly hope you are right, but I wont be holding me breath

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Unless the govt. is pulling another rug out from under this disclosure again, it may be significant. I only have to ask why now? A distraction from the economic debt crisis by the global banks!?

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join