It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Anouncement: October 11th 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zetaReticulous

Good heavens, what a loss it is to us all that IsaacKoi left ufology.

What an absolute treasure his work is. And, I might add, he did it all for free. This was the man that should have been given the team and the contacts from those who profess to know, not Mr.Delonge.

Sigh.

Isaac, I salute you.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Wow so he left? he leaves behind an impressive amount of dot connecting most would be incapable of!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Isaac still keeps his eye on things. Sadly his selfless work was not appreciated.

We have Ted Roe to thank for forcing him out of ufology.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

At the end of the day it's all commentary and one person's opinion.
Most people are just egomaniacs.
It's possible Ted did us a favour.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: zetaReticulous

Good heavens, what a loss it is to us all that IsaacKoi left ufology.

What an absolute treasure his work is. And, I might add, he did it all for free. This was the man that should have been given the team and the contacts from those who profess to know, not Mr.Delonge.

Sigh.

Isaac, I salute you.

Well said. Spot-on. We miss you, IsaacKoi, dearly.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BullwinkleKicksButt

I can assure you Ted did none of us a favor.

edit on 10-17-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Mark, how about a new AMA with Tom DeLonge?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I am confident that won't happen, he's not a masochist.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Ted Roe acted out of self interest , he did Ufology a disservice.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

You should go and read the first one, sir.
I was, shall we say, not a spectacular success.

There are others, perhaps, that could be more interesting to ask some questions. Even on his team.

ATS is not the easiest crowd to face, but perhaps someone could be lured to the table if we all smile a little and wave. Smile and wave.

"What's that behind your back, friend?" "What? Oh, this? It's.. er.. just a small mystic .. er.. stick with the ..er.. nail of the covenant . For luck..."

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It seems like there are few AMA's here in the past year. I'd like to see more. I can understand Tom not wanting to do another, but as beetee said, maybe one of his team.

I would also suggest Colm Kelleher (a team member but not on the video), Jacques Vallee, and George Knapp..he's done one before and I enjoyed it. Bringing in some names for AMA's would only benefit ATS

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I like Colm, spent a very nice evening with him and George Knapp a few years ago in LV, asking him (or anyone else who is BUSY) to come here for an AMA is akin to asking someone to volunteer for a scalding and spend most of their day doing it. We don't treat people with much kindness and respect around here sadly...

That said, I asked about it anyway.

I'll let you know what, if anything, comes of it.

For the record, doing an AMA on ATS is BIG ask. Think about it, within an hour you have 100+ pages of questions. Then when you can't possibly (nor could anyone else) even read them all people start moaning (or worse) about how their question was ignored. Toss in the people who want to take the inappropriate opportunity to school the guest, attack the guest, or, worse yet, try to sell their personal brilliant idea(s) about the topic to the guest, and you have the reasons why AMAs dried up on ATS.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wonder if there's a way to limit responses to one post per user, or even slow down how many posts can be made on a thread in a certain timeframe to avoid 50 questions being posted before the guest has time to respond?

Not even sure if it is a good idea. On the flip side, the guest can cherry pick the questions they want to answer, and not feel obligated to answer every single one. At any rate, I'll keep my fingers crossed we can get another in the near future!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm betting DeLonge is no shrinking violet and will do it to get interest up in his offer. Mods can set ground rules and remove posts that don't honor the rules. That should put Tom at ease.

Thanks again Mark for a great site and great work by the owners and mods.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The reason AMA's work on Reddit (the site where the phenomenon began) works is:

1. User comments that are rude/irrelevant are "down voted" by other readers (kind of like a thumbs down). If a post has to many "down votes" it is no longer is displayed. Comments have to meet a certain "threshold" of positive to negative votes to be displayed. Oh, you can STILL see them, if you click on "this comment has not met the minimum threshold". They're still there, but they attract far, far, less attention.

2. Navigating an AMA on Reddit is infinitely easier due to their format. You can collapse entire discussion chains and sort the entire AMA's comments by "new" or "best" or "controversial". This is possible because every comment has the ability to be up or down voted by the community itself.

3. That up/down voting promotes "self-policing" of the AMA. The overwhelming majority of people want a positive AMA, so morons and idiots that try to derail and deride the guest get down voted to oblivion, and their comments become irrelevant.

Basically, their format makes it possible for AMAs to work for them. Trying to run an Reddit-style AMA on a site that isn't formatted like Reddit is just asking for a huge headache.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Ted Roe acted out of self interest , he did Ufology a disservice.

Naah.
You guys convinced me, ufology is packed full of charlatans.
It's just one less charlatan.
Keep up the great work.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I think it could be done better if we used 2 threads and a moderator(s), people post questions to one thread and moderators pick the best questions to post to the AMA.

Or we could collect questions prior to the AMA and let a moderator pose the questions on the day of.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Yes, perhaps a good ide.. Like say 30 to 50 numbered questions?
Would be easier to follow as well.

And the thread could be locked so that "guest" could answer the finite amount of questions at their own pace.

I think that might work.

BT

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

For the record, doing an AMA on ATS is BIG ask. Think about it, within an hour you have 100+ pages of questions. Then when you can't possibly (nor could anyone else) even read them all people start moaning (or worse) about how their question was ignored. Toss in the people who want to take the inappropriate opportunity to school the guest, attack the guest, or, worse yet, try to sell their personal brilliant idea(s) about the topic to the guest, and you have the reasons why AMAs dried up on ATS.

I agree some of the AMA have gotten out of control. However, maybe we can tweak the process of the AMA.

1. Prior to the AMA create a thread on the questions the ATS community would like to ask. Then based on stars or what ever other measure, select the top 40 or X amount of questions to be asked upfront.

2. The day of the AMA let the person answer the questions in the main thread , but keep it locked from ATS users.

At the same time while the main AMA thread is locked the ATS community can ask follow-up questions in a secondary thread. Based on vote counts the follow up 20 or x amount of questions are then posted in the Main AMA thread by mods.

It could be done in the same day and same amount of hours it normally takes , or spread across multiple days at the guest preference .

This would help with the guest being overwhelmed with questions and hopefully avoid making it a personal flame war between the guest and a few posters.

3. Then dedicate a smaller time frame (an hour or so) and open the thread to the community in the end.

Other option is to add a user attribute to members that gets enabled when the user has posted x amount of time without getting dinged for personal attacks. As a reward they are able to participate on the AMA without being locked out. I'm sure a few might be able to attend

edit on 231031America/ChicagoThu, 19 Oct 2017 08:23:20 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Some elements of what Tom and his advisors are trying to sell remind me a little of this "classic" ATS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join