It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Geee just what we need,more political threads that never stop on what use to be more about conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let me explain something to you .

You don't protest while you are at work serving the customer.

Really? Where is that mentioned in the First Amendment?

You have every right to exercise your free speech. Your employer has every right to exercise their free speech and can your ass.

Exactly.
So many think 'free speech' means say what you want without any consequences and exemption from any criticism. It's crazy to hear them so openly misrepresent the 1st amendment.

Trump basically said, "I don't like what you are doing".

For those that believe it to be an attack on the 1st amendment - go back to school.

edit on 11/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Damn, I'd like to shake your hand.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Wow. Triggered much? I stopped reading halfway through that rant because my eyes glossed over from the pure rage. I'm sorry that my opinion offends you. I'm sorry that you need a safe space because athletes are protesting peacefully in a manner that you don't approve. Wait. No I'm not. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

And some would call it facism.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What kind of education do you have?by calling someone an idiot,who has become a success a person with plenty of education,who looks like the idiot here?,giving ones opinion usually ends with same result

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What kind of education do you have?by calling someone an idiot,who has become a success a person with plenty of education,who looks like the idiot here?,giving ones opinion usually ends with same result

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Actually the NFL players need to play. That is what they are paid to do. Since they are at work they should be working not protesting they can protest on their own time and their own dime. But while they are at the game they are to play

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Who are the customers?

Hard working americans who grind the 9-5 all day , only to come home to some peace quite and NFL. They dont want politics on their one getaway .... watching the game.

The NFL players them selfs don't even know what they really kneeling for , they only do it because its anti-trump.

Media fills the news with anti-trump so it must be the right thing to do !!

Get off your high horse, NFL players have one job play the game. IF they care about the issues so much, then do it after work , not during while the rest of us have to see your cries for attention on a subject most of them ignorant towards.

The race war in America is fueled by liberals and MSM on the LEFT. You are the ones making a federal case of something that didn't exist to the extend you pretend it to be .....

TRUMP is right. Liberals ... you + cnn are whats wrong with america today. WIthout you . life would be a million times better.
so would you get behind forcing liberals into camps? I think america would be great too, if everyone who thinks their ideas are better were not so mentaly ill.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You're all idiots for even giving this a millisecond of thought. It's a distraction to keep the polititards busy so there isn't attention given to what can and can't be done by the administration.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
You're all idiots for even giving this a millisecond of thought. It's a distraction to keep the polititards busy so there isn't attention given to what can and can't be done by the administration.
no one likes being # with. Right now all angles of life is doing that. Getting us polarized so we react. Americas being trolled hard. Its like the power brokers are testing out a mind control program..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Some of you just don't get it. The NFL as the employer had the chance to say "Hey.. knock it off." They chose not to do so. Saying Trump is allowed an "opinion" is plain stupid. His voice has a lot more authority behind it - to the point where it becomes a conflict of interest for him to open his loud mouth. It's obvious from his comments and having Pence walk out of a game has influenced owners of teams. They are now changing their stance.. based on what Trump has said and done.

That is the problem, and it's a sad thing you don't get how this is a real issue. I guess it won't matter to you, until he takes away a right that is actually important to you. America wasn't founded on selective rights. But some of you seem ok with it, as long as your boy Trump is the one doing the talking. He is doing the opposite of making the country great again. He is dividing it like never before. Some of you are too blind to see it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Yep! It's an alarming abuse of power. When the Executive Branch launches a campaign to stifle free speech, that's a chilling effect that should send up red flags from sea to shining sea!

Roger Goodell Pens Letter To NFL Teams, Believes ‘Everyone Should Stand’

Danger, Danger Will Robinson!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Plus this today..

Trump suggests challenging NBC's broadcast license
www.politico.com...

He is the most Anti-American POTUS the country has ever had.

Or as his Secretary of State Tillerson describes him, a effen moron!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Trump said many things that he didn't or hasn't done. Now he is just going with flow and living the posh life as a politician in Washington, D.C. Something he has never experienced. Trump is all talk and no action mainly because no-one will support him and his out of the box ideas. Regardless, the USA is stuck with him until 2020. As for his reelection, I seriously doubt it unless some big changes happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Plus this today..

Trump suggests challenging NBC's broadcast license
www.politico.com...

He is the most Anti-American POTUS the country has ever had.

Or as his Secretary of State Tillerson describes him, a effen moron!

Hadn't seen that. But that's certainly very Trumpian. If a media source doesn't agree with him / kiss his feet, they are "fake." If they praise him, they apparently are a "real" news source. And his supporters buy into it. I honestly can't tell if they are this dim, being incredibly selective with their "what is right and wrong-o-meter," or actually don't care if the first amendment is tossed out because Trump says so.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Actually the NFL players need to play. That is what they are paid to do.

RIGHT! THAT is what they are paid to do.

They are not paid to Dance.
They are not paid to tell you Jesus loves you.
They are not paid to Pledge Allegiance to the American Flag.

If an employer demanded religious or political oaths as a job requirement, they would be sued on constitutional grounds.

An NFL player can be fired for a lot of things, but failing to properly demonstrate a political or religious oath is not one of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Really? Where is that mentioned in the First Amendment?

You have every right to exercise your free speech. Your employer has every right to exercise their free speech and can your ass.

???

Nope. He said "I don't like what you are doing" AND threatened Federal Intervention to punish political protests.

One is free expression of speech.

The other is a threat of government oppression and constitutionally illegal if the threat was made real.

Those two things are diametrically opposed.

edit on 11-10-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

They are not protesting durring the game.

Players on the field for the national anthem is a relatively new thing that was paid for by US tax dollars to boost patriotism and recruiting.

Like I wrote before, this controversy is a distraction from real problems.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So many think 'free speech' means say what you want without any consequences and exemption from any criticism. It's crazy to hear them so openly misrepresent the 1st amendment.

For those that believe it to be an attack on the 1st amendment - go back to school.

Consequences for a peaceful protest are given by an employer - not by the executive branch of our government. Trump didn't "just say" anything. He is the POTUS, the MOST influential person in the country when he opens his mouth. Or logs into his Twitter account. Saying tax breaks should be removed is far from just saying "Oh.. I don't like that". Having Pence fly all the way to a game to then only walk out in a planned event is not him just making a casual observation. Saying that NFL teams should FIRE PLAYERS for not standing during the anthem is FAR from just voicing an opinion.

Could you folks be any more disingenuous in regards to Trump's actions?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join