It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I wonder were you people worrying about Trump’s patriotism on real substantial things like the Gold Star family he insulted or the insults to John McCain.

Trump is manipulating you conservatives, when are you going to see that

He is a cynical manipulator

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Tell me how it’s not a Cult again?

Cultists think the planet,guns,rich people,corporations,gmo food is out to get them.

Aka Trump critics.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So if you're a veteran, you can't be criticized?

BOOM!

I'm a veteran!

neener-neener

You can't say anything bad about me or my posts from now on.

SWEET!

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wealthy people own the corporations but aren't out to get us, they already own us and everything else. They're just trying to keep it that way.
edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Non-sequitur;
A conclusion or statement that does not logically follow on from the previous argument or statement.

Unless you’re saying a theoretical hat Cult cannot also be persecuted, your statement does not follow on from what I asked you originally.

Good film though. At least you have good Hollywood taste.

It has to follow from my previous premise, not yours.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

99.999% of civilian jobs used to keep politics out of the workplace, because it was bad for business.

Not sure what happened this cycle.

In any event, it looks like some folks will learn the hard way.

Chattanooga man loses job after sitting during national anthem at weekend event

The company says the man was in training to become a coach at its gym. He says he'd only been on the payroll for a little more than a week before the owner told him not to come back.

Tyler Chancellor says he was invited to sit with his coworkers in the VIP section of the Camp Jordan arena Saturday.

Monday, he says his employer fired him because he sat during the national anthem.

He says no one said anything to him that night and he didn't know anything was wrong until he met with his boss Monday morning.

"She said, 'Because you sat down, you were a part of a 9Round event, and you sat during the national anthem. We no longer want to continue business with you.' There was no sugar coating," he said.

I actually feel really sorry for him. It sucks he lost his job over something that used to be pretty apparent to most employees. Make your employer look bad at your own peril.

Sigh.

originally posted by: theantediluvian
99.999% of civilian jobs don't require a forced public display of patriotism either and nor should being a player in the NFL.

ETA: 99.999% of civilian jobs also force public displays of courtesy to their customers. How is that different?
edit on 10-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Non-sequitur;
A conclusion or statement that does not logically follow on from the previous argument or statement.

Unless you’re saying a theoretical hat Cult cannot also be persecuted, your statement does not follow on from what I asked you originally.

Good film though. At least you have good Hollywood taste.

It has to follow from my previous premise, not yours.

Consider myself corrected.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wealthy people own the corporations but aren't out to get us, they already own us and everything else.

Football players are wealthy people too, and their opinions are no more important than anyone elses.

If anything they are shills using their position gained from wealth to influence policy.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You're a good man. In fairness, I'm sure there is a segment of Trump's supporters that behave in a cult-like fashion.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

How many times have people been beat up or refused service for wearing a MAGA hat? A cursory search shows two claims, the most popular being a bar patron in NYC who says he was ejected from a bar for his MAGA hat.

That story isn't looking good in light of evidence from the bar. That's the most recent update I can find.

So what's the actual incidence of people with MAGA hats being refused service? 1 in 340 million?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"99.999% of civilian jobs don't require a forced public display of patriotism either and nor should being a player in the NFL. "

Thats because those public jobs aren't on a National feild, where the cameras are watching together with people at home... making it a patriotic event .

Nobody cares about billy who gets the donuts .

Americans come to football to destress , well most do anyway. They dont' want politics , and crap like that , Neither do i.

Let me come home enjoy my game leave the nonsense out.

Why protest here ? Because everyone watching ?
Taxi protests boosted uber ...
The left protesting the alt-right is actually gaining symapthy for them more then before...

why ? because people see the dirty tactics the left uses to push an agenda.

Second problem is the celebrities making more people anti-trump . When they participate in this . WHy ? Because being anti-trump is the right thing to do !

Even tho he won in a democratic process.....

These protests are dividing the country. Its evident now as sales drop and people tune out of nfl , You don't care do you ? Of course not.... Just today NFL Comm. was in the news and looks like he finally making right move.

"Despite what you might think, you're opinion isn't the only opinion. Tens of millions of OTHER Americans work hard every single day, blah blah and don't gaf if the players don't want to stand for the anthem or not. "

If my opinion was the only one , it would be a boring world my good man ......

Most americans do care. The numbers show it . Some die hard football fans. just walking away as if you woke up hitler

"None of that, however, has anything to do with the OP. The OP is about the government, in this case, its executive, attempting to limit political speech. It doesn't matter if that expression happens to be made by NFL players through their choice not stand for the anthem or not. "

The op is about ANTI-TRUMP. Lets confirm that first.

What would you fool have trump do ? stay quite as some fools in the nfl divide the country with such a silly protest ? Which may i add most players have no clue what its about ? only "racial injustice" LOL

The NFL players can do as they wish. Trump is the president . Expressing his views . Not sending seal team 6 to shoot and kill anyone who doesn't listen to him....

Nothing is being infringed . Trump raises a very valid point . you just don't like HIM . not what he says.....

This is what you snowflakes dont' get .. NO matter what the news story is . Aslong as its ANTI--tRUMP. You will agree with it . Even when you have no clue what you are talking abotu like the OP ......

"Spoken like a true authoritarian nut."

Spoken like a true propagandist ....

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You're a good man. In fairness, I'm sure there is a segment of Trump's supporters that behave in a cult-like fashion.

You’re a man after my own heart.

Like yourself, I like to defend the unpopular, and liberalism seems to be that... on ATS at least.

I’m really not this passionate about politics in “real life”...
I like a debate though. So I get dragged in from time to time.

On topic (for the first time in this thread);
I really don’t think President Trump’s twitter ramblings are indicative of a nefarious plan to destroy the 1st Amendment.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Football players are merely rich.

Wealthy people own controlling interests in the Sports Industrial Complex (which includes the teams, and the rest of the "Media" [ultrasupermegaconglomerates]), the Military Industrial Complex and Wall Street (etc stuff they're trying to keep everyone distracted from witht eh sports and the rest of homogenized mainstream corporate pop culture BS), sort of thing.

'Anyone' can become rich. Wealthy is an entirely different category and these days few outside of the likes of 'a Bill Gates' have any hope or prayer of ever reaching anywhere near that category.
edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Tell me how it’s not a Cult again?

Cultists think the planet,guns,rich people,corporations,gmo food is out to get them.

Aka Trump critics.

Cults think many things.

If anything they are shills using their position gained from wealth to influence policy.

Didn’t you vote for someone like just like that?

Swoooosh!
edit on 10-10-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Didn’t you vote for someone like just like that?

Nope.

Trump didn't make his money shilling in politics.

Like Clinton did.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let me explain something to you .

You don't protest while you are at work serving the customer.

Really? Where is that mentioned in the First Amendment?

It is the unwritten part , put in there by the citizens of the US
No place for politics at the workplace
And a clause written in by the NFL.
Now , they are going back to administering the rules THEY set in place because the people have spoken...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

99.999% of civilian jobs used to keep politics out of the workplace, because it was bad for business.

Not sure what happened this cycle.

Well at some point in the last several years, it apparently became a thing to have NFL players on the sideline for the anthem. I see people citing the year 2009 but as far as I can tell, this is inaccurate.

As far as the taking of a knee during the anthem, that was something Colin Kaepernick started at an exhibition game in August of 2016, months before the election.

ETA: 99.999% of civilian jobs also force public displays of courtesy to their customers. How is that different?

Because one is polite treatment and the other is a personal expression that has absolutely nothing to do with the customer?

And what does any of this have to do with the OP? If the NFL wants to mandate participation in the anthem, that's between team owners, their employees and the fans. The President of the United States stifling political speech is another matter altogether.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Read it and weep Trump haters.

It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League. Everyone who is part of the league must refrain from “conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in” the NFL. This includes owners, coaches, players, other team employees, game officials, and employees of the league office, NFL Films, NFL Network, or any other NFL business.

Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL.

Touchdown.

static.nfl.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

On topic (for the first time in this thread);
I really don’t think President Trump’s twitter ramblings are indicative of a nefarious plan to destroy the 1st Amendment.

Mad respect for that.

Spoken like a true honest broker.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Trump didn't make his money shilling in politics.

Neither did football players, which is what I was replying to.

Also your statement is debatable absolutely very fake news, as even President Trump himself admitted to taking advantage of politics & politicians on his campaign trail.

Unless he was lying?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join