It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The federal government has used the power of taxation or denying funds plenty of times before to get their way. It's ongoing today with federal grant money being tied to specific things.

What makes it bad this time but okay the other times?

Until someone can show me where any governmental entity has done more than bluster and bloviate, and has actually forced anyone to comply with standing for the pledge or anthem in this case, the 1st Amendment doesn't come into play.

For the record, I think the players are acting childish, but I support their freedom to choose to protest how they see fit. At the same time, I support the owner's freedom to discipline the players ( or not ) however they see fit. I don't watch NFL football, nor do I spend any money on it.

And before I get accused of being a dirty liberal or nazi republican, I voted 3rd party and don't like Trump OR Hillary.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What's funny is that the same people who defended Obama when he used the IRS to attack Tea Party groups are upset because Trump said stuff on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What's funny is that the same people who defended Obama when he used the IRS to attack Tea Party groups are upset because Trump said stuff on Twitter.

They were eerily silent when Obama went after journalists as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No doubt.

Smh.

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Same.

edit on 10-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Here's a thread on it. Didn't get much play.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The ongoing drama that is Trump using the NFL protests to distract from his failing presidency continues.

Failing? He's a NWO puppet like his predecessors. Everything is going exactly according to plan.

edit on 10/10/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

PS: The only way upsetting the customer matters is if your boss cares. The NFL is for the most part condoning these activities, so the customer argument is moot.

Yeah, all the customers are, are people PAYING for seats, shows on TV, and merchandise. Yep, they can all go to Hades, they are all MOOT. If you work for a boss that is THAT STUPID, you won't have a job in a year or two anyway, you'll both be in the welfare line.

The Trump haters and crybabies are the most moot thing on this site. Pointless, aimless, vicious little blowhards still tantruming almost a year later. Seriously.

But hey, there's that first amendment thing.....which, upon agreeing to the T&C's of ATS, are abridged somewhat because this is privately owned and not a town square where you can wear a pu$$y hat and rock that muffin top making a lot of noise about how you hate Orange Man.

Let me help y'all out regarding the first amendment, since the left has gone off the rails about what it means:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

What is the operative word in that? CONGRESS. Can't make laws against it. But if you are on private property and you are working for an employer, they sure as heck can curb what you can say while you're on the clock and on their property. In fact, come into my house and spout a bunch of idiocy, and I have every right to kick you out. Your right to be a fool stops where my property line begins.

See how that works? Or is it not Trump-Hatey enough for y'all to want to understand?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

I am a registered republican so calling me a liberal is hilarious.

Unlike you I do not blindly support Trump.

The cancer is people like you who think everything liberal is bad, as are people who think everything conservative is bad. . It shows you are incapable of thinking for yourself and blindly follow 'the leader', which in your case is Trump.

I want whats best for the nation. Trump is certainly not good for this country.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
MSM and NFL are the same in my opinion.

"Hey guys, take a knee"
"OMG guys, they're taking a knee"

Waste of time debating mfg'd outrages

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

might be registered as one but ya certainly think as a liberal champ !

You don't blindly support trump but will blindly follow and bend over for hilary or obama -_-

Liberals the majoirty of them are the problem. There are the cool ones like every party , but on ATS its the hardcore irrational , gimme my pacifier types..

If we wanna do whats best for the nation . we must first cut off the biggest snake .. which is liberals... this mentality is suicidal for the country. just look what happened to detroit and venezula etc..

Once we deal with that, then we can go after other parties and deal with their issues. But not untill we get rid of the biggest snake ! LEFTIES ... why ? Because the biggest MSM are Lefties... their daily biased bs , is evidence of that . and also the fake or distorted stories and russian nothing burgers is a major problem...

You don't want whats best for the nation , you want whats best for you . If you were serious about making america better you would see the biggest threat today . By far........... But you refuse too . Because the weather is different at sea level compared to your .....

high horse.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

Says the person who hates when Trump uses the First Amendment to say anything.
Going to be a long 7 years and 2 months for ya. lol

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

NFL Commissioner woke up to his senses.....

NFL Commissioner
edit on 10-10-2017 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Point out where I complain about every little thing Trump puts on Twitter. I've even said I like the fact that he's introducing the presidency to social media. The problem is that he's using it to express every random thought in his head when he could be using it as a modern Fireside Chat.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Funny how when companies like Macy's caved to public pressure and stopped selling Ivanka's clothing line the Right screamed about it being a violation of the First Amendment.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Had he invested is his daddy's money in the S&P 500, he would be wealthier today, statisically Paris Hilton is a better businessman.
www.yahoo.com...

How many times has he gone bankrupt?

How many people has he ripped off?

I consider him a con man.
edit on 10-10-2017 by jrod because: Add link

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I love how outraged the left and media get over this, yet they were nearly silent when it came to thugs in black masks and waving communist flags, beating up people who dares speak speech they disagree with. It boggles the mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

you talking about trumps daddys money ? and not paris hiltons daddys money ? ......

whats hilton worth ? 100-200 mill?
trump ? how many bill ?

Consider him anything you like , he is no more crooked , then your queen hilary
Except he has lawyers to get him out of jail.

Unlike clinton who has FBI , CIA , NSA , Deep state in her little pocket...

Of course you consider him a con-man , you are anti-trump. You just boil with rage just hearing his name. You aren't rational. Just an emotional person , with knee jerk responses and beliefs.

sure he had failures before climbing the top , but hasn't ever great person in history ? Mistakes is part of success

Trust me after trump establishment will never allow another trump in office. They will make sure 100 percent this time , voting is fixed. and media better controlled.

2020 if you ever wanna see mass voter fraud this will be election to look forward too.
libs + MSM will do everything in their power to win. Even if it means cheating...

the left can't handle another 4 years without a civil war lol

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I say good on Macy's !
and i'll flip the bird to the right for it too !

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The NFL ratings have been dropping for years. This was just a distraction.

Just the way you throw out the terms liberal and lefties tells me you are hear to sling mud and try to 'win' the discussion instead of having a civil conversation.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is a ponderable: Do you have the freedom of disassociation?

You have the freedom to peacefully assemble. And your assembly might discuss things that may be vile and repulsive to some to the point you want no part of it. But if the group was identified and your identity revealed. Do you still have that freedom of disassociation.

More to the point, I didn't agree with this kneeling stuff so I stopped watching all NFL games and won't return until it stops. This was before Trump's self inserted. Is it fair to say the Bengals that I don't watch even though they didn't participate in any extra-activities?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join