It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol. Still with the ad hominems. The only childish person is the one childishly attacking the other because he disagrees with their opinion. Seeing as how I haven't said anything negative about you, I wonder who that leaves left?

Wut bout this ad hom ?

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

Back to the thought police.

At least it isn't a crime to question or counter-argue the current propaganda narrative being pushed out from members on here or the MSM. YET.

Great Britian and some countries of the E.U. "have" made it a crime so be careful not to brush this little idea off. It may come true.
edit on 10-10-2017 by Nik0laTesla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The triggering is strong in this thread title.

Trump wins again!

Oh, and the First Amendment doesn't mean the press can spread lies and unsubstantiated rumor for a quick ratings fix then say oops in microscopic print on the back pages.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"Lol. Still with the ad hominems. The only childish person is the one childishly attacking the other because he disagrees with their opinion. Seeing as how I haven't said anything negative about you, I wonder who that leaves left? "

Yes deflect . classic liberal tactic .

"But here you go. This article came out yesterday. I'm sure you can prove how Obama has said more in a shorter time frame, right?
President Trump has made 1,318 false or misleading claims over 263 days "

Again classic deflect.... Were we talking about what a president should be doing while in office ? or were we talking about which president said what ? ....... Why do you troll and go off topic ? Because your first point was run over by the logic bus? So you come out with this totally unreleated link....... This is what i mean by , you liberals don't really know what you are against. Just talking out of your rears

"o.O Well since you know me so well, how about telling me what I plan to do after I get off of work today. "

Cry about trump online as usual , while you sit in your "safe space office chair" ....... You don't have your own mindset. so you follow the MSM narrative....

"Gotcha, you promote ignorance and division. Glad you admitted it. "

Yes whatever helps you sleep at night snowflake

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wish I was as stupid and earned all that cash,but I AM intelligent ,I went to fight THEM over there so I wouldn't harm YOU instead.
MOST applauded the idea.
Do you get to see HILLARY when you die?
I don't understand religiously constructed, political cults ,anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump, like many of his supporters, and some members of ATS, might as well just say "I support the First Amendment so long as you agree with me".

Some people really need to learn that thats not quite how it works.

I think many should re-take their civics lessons... (Oh, right. I forgot that stopped being a thing long ago.)

The First Amendment protects from government- not private- restriction of free speech.

I also find it ironic that in a post where you criticize those who say "I support the First Amendment so long as you agree with me"...you criticize the President for exercising his own free speech.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That does not however change the fact that the President is going out of his way to stop people from speaking their mind. While some of what Trump has done in the past has been borderline this is a clear threat against the First Amendment. Anyone that defends this move is clearly just a Trump sycophant who will agree with anything he does regardless of the consequences.

That's called poisoning the well, which is a fallacy designed to discredit any response to your nonsensical mind reading. Despite your claims the first amendment remains unchallenged.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

So I want to show you something.

You keep saying those who argue in favor of the protestors are ignorant to reality and "the facts"

There was another thread a while back where I actually brok down "the facts" for everyone.

1. The NFL players are not protesting ignorantly from a position of wealth and entitlement. they are using their platform and their voices for those who ARE NOT THAT LUCKY. They are speaking for those who dont have a voice. They are not kneeling for themselves, they are kneeling for other people who dont have the platform to do so.

2. I went through all of the US police shooting fatality statistics in a post. Its all fact. I will quote my post below for you. Im interested in your response.

This website here track police shootings by all different factors, race, gender etc... its pretty cool
www.washingtonpost.com...
It states as of this year there have been 721 people shot and killed by police this year
323 of them were white
164 were black
112 were hispanic
24 other non-white

Lets add up those totals shall we? 323 white vs a total of 300 non-white..

Ahh.. but you yourself will probably say "SEE!! MORE WHITE PEOPLE GET SHOT! THERE ISNT A RACE PROBLEM!" Wrong..
The US Population as shown here
en.wikipedia.org...

is..
72.4% white
12.6% black
15% other

So as I did above 72.4% white 27.6% not white Now here is the fun part where I prove what you didnt think I could prove... Whites make up 51.8% of the shootings per the stats above Non whites make up 48.2% of the shootings per the stats above.. Wait a minute... Our population is only made up of 27.6% non-white people yet... they account for 48.2% of those killed by police? ALMOST TWICE THE PERCENTAGE OF THEIR POPULATION!! non white citizens are killed by police at almost twice the rate. You saw it right there. Bazingaa! Wheres my medal>?>

and I continued here... after someone asked me.. "yeah, well how many of those people shot were armed" (because they assumed that the non-white population was more likely to be armed and dangerous..)

You can actually use that first site and filter by that statistic!
Its really cool actually of 721 total people shot and killed... 406 of them had a gun.. of the 406 194 white people had a gun 93 black people had a gun 59 hispanics had a gun and 13 others had a gun

Thats 194 white ppl with guns vs. 165

THAT MEANS NOT ONLY ARE MINORITIES KILLED AT A HIGHER RATE... THEY ARE KILLED AT A HIGHER RATE WHEN THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A GUN!

So again...

Tell me how ignorant I am when I side with the protestors?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

People were protesting before 2016. Trump cranked them up with his statesmanly speech, but protests have gone on since before he was born. Protest doesn't equal 'anti-Trump.'

No they didn't . they only knew a few headline words "racial injustice" , its hard for them to see racial injustice in their million dollar homes paid for by WHITE AMERICANS.....

Ahhh right...you're saying the kneelers were too stupid to even know why they took a knee because they live in mansions paid for by 'WHITE AMERICANS.'

How does that make any sense? I can already guess, but I've a feeling your explanation will be very entertaining.

Race card is old and out dated. Its a typical liberal argument, Kinda like jews and the anti-semetic card.... You people talk so much ignorance yet , dont' even know what you are backing up .

You've ridden the race card in all your posts so it's fresh and current.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think people are confused.

While we all say that we are free to protest, some mistake that for being FOR the subject of ALL protest.

No one is obligated to observe, participate, or even support the topic being protested.

People have actually insinuated that it is unpatriotic if some don't watch the protest, because the concept of protest is "American".

What they ignore, is that others are exercising their own rights of "protest" by not watching football. But People apparently aren't for that aspect of the 1st Amendment.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I swear to god if they were protesting the war on drugs I would kneel right next to them.

Hypocrisy on parade.

Who the %^$& do these fart stains think they are, protesting the color blue during the anthem - while at work, with paying customers watching no less. They should be fired and have their citizenship revoked! It's disrespectful to the flag and ME! Now if they were protesting over the color red I'd be kneeling right there next to them, but they aren't, so OFF WITH THEIR HEADS already.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Your argument makes no sense and you are guilty of a hasty generalization.

When one makes it a liberal vs the world argument, you lose.

This nation is becoming increasly polarized and it solves nothing, it only keeps people bickering over petty issues. The right vs left mentality is toxic.

What baffles me is so many anti-liberal folks preach fiscal responsibility while ignoring the reality that the Republicans continue to increase spending, increase the deficit while the liberal 'enemies' were the ones who reduced the deficit.

You can defend Trump all you want, but how can you ignore the hyprocracy of tax breaks for the wealthy, big corporations, higher taxes for the working class while increasing deficit spending?

I guess you all are too frothing busy over the manufactured outrage over the NFL to notice.

edit on 10-10-2017 by jrod because: Typo gremlins

edit on 10-10-2017 by jrod because: Still typos

edit on 10-10-2017 by jrod because: Scratches head

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

A better example of suppression of free speech can be found on college campuses across the country.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think people are confused.

They are.

Because no where in that piece of paper is the word ever used.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You're right. I just had a friend suspended from his adjunct professor position because of Right Wing rags like the New York Daily Post complaining about his Tweets.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Right wingers... these protests are yours. Just like the gay parades, and women’s marches, this stuff is here because you fight equality. So enjoy the kneeling. Enjoy the protests. Every time you b*tch about this stuff, or belittle it, one more person is inspired to join in.

So go ahead, tell those players they don’t know why they’re protesting. Tell them to shut up and play a game for your amusement. Tell them you’re not interested in their “plight”.

Or... open your eyes and ears and try to learn. Try to be open. Try to give a sh*t about people different from yourself. Try.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Something else while we are at it.

National Football League players are 'protesting' over what is essentially a states rights issue since the police are local and state creations.

So that would be the federal 'overreach' here.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

"You keep saying those who argue in favor of the protestors are ignorant to reality and "the facts" "

Of course . They arguing because its anti-trump. Most don't know what racial injustice really is . ITs a monkey see monkey doo attitude espically with libbys

"1. The NFL players are not protesting ignorantly from a position of wealth and entitlement. they are using their platform and their voices for those who ARE NOT THAT LUCKY. They are speaking for those who dont have a voice. They are not kneeling for themselves, they are kneeling for other people who dont have the platform to do so. "

1) WRONG.
Why don't those same players protest , when a NFL player has a domestic abuse charge? How about when there is a DUI charge? Weapons charges? Dog fighting charges ? Drug use ? .... shall i go on .....

They don't care about whats "right" and "fair" if they did. They would also protest those things that are RAMPID in the NFL today...

So now we have cleared the air and see its not about protesting whats right. But its protesting because its the MSM and liberals want. Even if it means disrespecting the flag WHILE AT WORK.....

The NFL players are as much about the people as the governments of the world do. ZIP.

"2. I went through all of the US police shooting fatality statistics in a post. Its all fact. I will quote my post below for you. Im interested in your response."

You didn't go through all the us police shooting fatility statistics. You just went off a washinton post article....and copy pasted....

First off. Black on Black violence is far worse then Police on Black crime.... Why is the liberals so quite about that ? Nobody cares that black people kill more black people daily ? This isn't a concern? no... of course not.. Liberals pick and choose whats important to them.

"Tell me how ignorant I am when I side with the protestors? "

Because the people who protest , the few who actually have a goal are only protesting BETTER TREAMENT of criminals who resist arrest .....

You know what stops police brutality ? Not breaking the law... Sure not all cops are perfect but majoirty of cops shooting black people have been justified.

NEXT.....

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

"Your argument makes no sense and you are guilty of a hasty generalization. "

Take off your liberal glasses world is much clear without the fog....

"When one makes it a liberal vs the world argument, you lose. "

I'm not here to win or lose, We've already established liberals + cnn are americas cancer.....

"This nation is becoming increasly polarized and it solves nothing, it only keeps people bickering over petty issues. The right vs left mentality is toxic. "

Yup . Thanks to the MSM + Liberals.
Only way we will solve it is by getting rid of the outdated mentality and disability known as liberalism .

"What baffles me is so many anti-liberal folks preach fiscal responsibility while ignoring the reality that the Republicans continue to increase spending, increase the deficit while the liberal 'enemies' were the ones who reduced the deficit. "

I dislike the republicans as much as i do Dems.... Trump is neither. He is his own man. Giving the finger to both parties. He just flies under republican for nomination .. cuz u know an independent never wins...

But if i had to chose the less psycho of the two parties , By far. I would side with republicans then the broken , corrupt dems ...

"You can defend Trump all you want, but how can you ignore the hyprocracy of tax breaks for the wealthy, big corporations, higher taxes for the working class while increasing deficit spending? "

Different issues . I dont' agree with all of trumps policies . and alot of what he says . But he is a business man , that has made more money then your whole blood line combined. I'll take his advice on economics before i take yours...

"I guess you all are too frothing busy over the manufactured outrage over the NFL to notice. "

No . LIberals and the MSM manufactured the outrage. and continue to peddle it on . Trump just defending him self , and the country !

If the people who protest had a clue what they were protesting i would be by their side....

but they just ignorant liberals with entitlement attitude

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Why do people who list police shooting statistics broken down by racial lines versus percent of population never list violent crime statistics broken down by racial lines versus percent of population?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

"People were protesting before 2016. Trump cranked them up with his statesmanly speech, but protests have gone on since before he was born. Protest doesn't equal 'anti-Trump.' "

Just like before . liberals leading the protest with ignorance and masses to follow. Now that trump is in power they are so mad their girl hilary lost , anything anti-trump will catch fire . Thats what liberals feed off .

They dont' protest on merit , they protest on mob mentality .... Why should i support ignorance? Is ATS not deny ignorance site ? ....

"Ahhh right...you're saying the kneelers were too stupid to even know why they took a knee because they live in mansions paid for by 'WHITE AMERICANS.'

How does that make any sense? I can already guess, but I've a feeling your explanation will be very entertaining"

Of course . Paid for by white americans. Which group of fans is #1 to NFL ? Who pays their bills, buys their stuff ? ....

If you don't see the irony in protesting what they think is "racial injustice" while taking million dollar paychecks from the white man , God help you ...

The NFL players them selfs. don't face the injustice , nor do they know what the daily grind is ... just ask this black man what he thinks of the protests......

When you protest in ignorance , all it does is dilute the power of it . Why ? Because nobody will take your next protest seriously...

Liberals + CNN = More dangerous then ISIS to america

"You've ridden the race card in all your posts so it's fresh and current"

THen you've missed the point.... There is no racial injustice like the way liberals will have you believe.

Black man has never been more free in America then they are today .
Black man has never has so many oppurtunities to become anything they want like today.
Black man has never been as equal to his brother of white color as today ...

You liberals + MSM just want to destroy that , and replace it with your false preceptions and lies

Sorry. the buck stops here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join