It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's stunning how the the Trump Cult crowd is so willing to compromise their's, and their fellow Americans, 1st Amendment rights!

When Trump was running, and he promised to "change libel laws" so that he could sue the media. I warned people that he would attack the 1st Amendment as president. Several Trump supporters promised me that if that happened, they wouldn't blindly support him, and would speak out against any such movement in that direction from his administration.

I don't see that happening.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I mean damm he has point. If you get billions in tax breaks maybe you should toe the line..

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

if Obama had an opinion about ANYTHING the right screeched like there's no tomorrow. it's hysterical their hypocrisy. and, Obama was considered divisive. LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If the entire Sports Industrial Complex collapsed I'd laugh. The energy put into sports, following stats, and all that obsessionism in meaningless things while ignoring the stuff that matters, if not even half of that energy devoted to it were spent learning about how the system really works in these mechanisms of social control then we'd have a good shot at defeating all of the evils within it.

That said, turning it into a divisive SJW bro down orgy, where there's no endgame that would even satisfy any of them or the people cheering for it, is but the pinnacle of backwards primitive tribalist social engineering BS. With a total integration between government & Hollywood / MSM / etc this was the final step in the perfect Propaganda Model. All out Nazi Germany material.

edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Punish trump for what ? Did he mandate them be fired ? Show me the bill that says they must be fired. Or suggest it the owners ?

btw who is trumps boss ? OH yes the tax payers.....

Who is the nfl boss ?...the fans.

Again its only dumb mouth to you .... because your anti trump . I totally agree with what he has said , as do many people with their heads on their shoulders.

NFL sales are down , why ? Because america agrees with him. Even some trump critics , who secretly agree with, but keep quite so their friend and family dont' judge them....

You are only mad because trump is right and doing what needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It's stunning how the the Trump Cult crowd is so willing to compromise their's, and their fellow Americans, 1st Amendment rights!

When Trump was running, and he promised to "change libel laws" so that he could sue the media. I warned people that he would attack the 1st Amendment as president. Several Trump supporters promised me that if that happened, they wouldn't blindly support him, and would speak out against any such movement in that direction from his administration.

I don't see that happening.

What funny to me is all you liberals who are so "down with the cause" on this site have made 0 threads about how Black lives Matter .

You only care because Trump. You could not care any less about the cause. It is funny.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Ehh, with all do respect.....

If you think that was "free" speech the "man"children were engaging in on the dime of their employers and US tax dollars...

You're the idiot.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You're welcome to your opinion.

Personally, if I were you, I'd vote for someone else in 2020.

Maybe Oprah.

link   

Explain again how eliminating tax credits given to billionaires curtails their free speech?

link   
Trump is an idiot and moron and many other pejoratives.

He should stay out of this...he's only doing it for his base---for political reasons and its unseemly and unpresidential to have a president trying to brow beat citizens into doing what he wants.

However, here the players should have done what they did that first Sunday to show Trump off and now should cease, UNLESS they were doing it before.

Also, the teams have every right to punish their players as the players then have the right to sue them for violating their 1st amendment rights

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seedofchucky

Let me explain something to you .

You don't protest while you are at work serving the customer.

Really? Where is that mentioned in the First Amendment?

You have every right to exercise your free speech. Your employer has every right to exercise their free speech and can your ass.

Well that is the NFL's decision then. Clearly they haven't axed any players so I guess they can continue to protest, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I haven't made a thread on "Black Lives Matter" because it isn't in my "wheel house". I've made plenty of threads on issues that matter to me.

I don't care whether you're left or right, defense of the 1st Amendment is an American thing. It's what the flag stands for and what the troops fought, and continue to fight for.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can't believe that the OP actually took the time to make this horsedoody of a thread that is basically thinly veiled whining. Even worse, here I am replying to it. Troubling times, indeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Who are the customers?

Hard working americans who grind the 9-5 all day , only to come home to some peace quite and NFL. They dont want politics on their one getaway .... watching the game.

'Hard working Americans' includes people who agree with the kneelers too.

The NFL players them selfs don't even know what they really kneeling for , they only do it because its anti-trump.

Those who knelt before Trump even made his speech knew why they did it lol. What did you think? They collectively landed on one knee and had to improvise a reason??!

The race war in America is fueled by liberals and MSM on the LEFT. You are the ones making a federal case of something that didn't exist to the extend you pretend it to be .....

It's also fuelled by dickheads defending racist assholes who deny it's 'a thing.' You don't have to be a liberal or a conservative to think prejudice is wrong. You really do if you're stupid enough to believe it's one-sided, but most people know it's broader than partisan BS.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Explain again how eliminating tax credits given to billionaires curtails their free speech?

The op is actually defending citizens united.

link   
a reply to: windword

It's stunning how the truly stupid believe that just because someone doesn't agree with the "us" so it most CERTAINLY must be that they are the evil babadook-boogeyman "THEM!!!!"

So sad that you're caught up in that paradigm. No worries. Santa will be nice to you year

link   
a reply to: notsure1

If anyone actually cared about what is BLM is supposedly about (well the name of their facade anyways) then there'd be a unified juggernaut of an initiative focused on one unshakable goal: dismantling the War On Drugs. It's the entire basis of the police state. Well that and nowadays the ongoing results of the Mass Contagion Shooter Effect, which the MSM are the chief perpetrators of, but we cant criticize them because they pay phony lip service to liberal /social justice /anti-Trump causes.

But the War On Drugs is what has so many cops pointed directly at minorities / poor people. Where are the banners. All those huge protests this year, how many TOTAL anti-WOD banners have hit the streets???
edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: loam

It doesn't. That is of course, unless those tax credits are curtailed as a direct result of allowing their player to protest during the National Anthem, as Trump's tweet stated.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: seedofchucky

Oh really? There are a lot of "don'ts" that Trump has done anyways that I had and have problems with (like spending time tweeting about a peaceful protest instead of worrying about more pressing issues the government should be working on). .

I can show plenty of times where there was issues the government should be working on , and obama was out to golf ? If you wanna go there.....

Lol. It is beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump has broken more presidential precedents and norms than any previous President. You can try to play the "what about Obama" game, but you'd lose.

You don't actually dislike trumps actions. You really dislike TRUMP him self. THE MSM has done a great job conditioning you my friend....

HA! Speak for yourself. I don't need the media to dislike Trump. His own words and actions did that for me. I've been saying he's a con man since he road that ridiculous golden escalator down Trump Tower to announce his Presidency.

I would address your other points, but your responding with emotions and hard to understand what you are trying to say . You all over the place like hilary and her excuses of why she lost :p

Ohhh... Classy. Ad hominems! "I'd address your points, but I'd rather insult you instead."

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchuckyj

the msm conditioned us to hate trump? that's so lame - makes me laugh every time I hear it.

the man's a world class ass. has been for a very long time. those of you that think otherwise look foolish, and deep down you know that. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join