It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Hates First Amendment. Also He's An Idiot.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What is moving this issue now is market force. It is as simple as whatever the players do if it is perceived by enough viewers as upsetting the viewers will continue to turn away. Disrespecting the US flag and our Nation’s anthem was a hot button for me. I know there is a laundry list of vets who don’t care and excuses to be made. But, guess what it is my perception that matters to me and I just turned the NFL OFF.

I want to watch football because I like watching it not watching a bunch of multimillionaire cry babies. Let them protest on their time not mine. For now my football is college teams.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
OK, so based on your logic, I can also bring my AR-15 to the game with me. 2nd Amendment is the right to bear arms. If they let me bring a gun to the game I will gladly let them knee because then fair would be fair, right?

The stadium is private property, and therefore you are subject to the rules set by the stadium owner. If the owner chooses to ban guns in the stadium, you have to abide by their rules. You buy a ticket, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions.

2A Rights apply on property under your control, public areas, and privately owned areas where the owner doesn't ban them.

I just wish more people would understand rights.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You don't understand. Trump, and Pence, have exponentially expanded the protest, from only being about racism and police brutality, now adding in government oppression and suppression of 1st Amendment rights.

I guarantee you, players will still find a way to protest. Should they be forced to stand, they'll throw a fist in the air, and so will fans in the stadiums, in solidarity!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seedofchucky
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let me explain something to you .

You don't protest while you are at work serving the customer.

Really? Where is that mentioned in the First Amendment?

I'll finish the sentence for you then.

You don't protest while you are at work serving the customer........unless you are expecting to be fired.

Get it now?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I think, if I remember right, Obama was accused of having the IRS investigate financial wrongful doing of Tea Partiers. He didn't suggest changing the law in order to raise their taxes, to punish them for their political views.

You were misled winword or are deflecting. The IRS dragged out requests for Tax free status and hurt the funding of the candidates not named Clinton or a Dem fund, plain as that. Presidents now have carte blanche to do it to everybody. Did the Dem's and RINO's know they allowed this? Yes, I think so. They want to use it when their turn for power comes and they need it to be able help steal the election.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

I seem to remember plenty of people on the Right taking his "No transgenders in the military," tweet as gospel.

Even if it doesn't become law, it is still the acting head of the government making a threat. If Obama had done the same thing you would have had a conniption.
As gospel not the same as law....

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: neo96

I seem to remember plenty of people on the Right taking his "No transgenders in the military," tweet as gospel.

Even if it doesn't become law, it is still the acting head of the government making a threat. If Obama had done the same thing you would have had a conniption.
As gospel not the same as law....but if you think that, then why not complain they public school teachers are indoctrinating small children to question their natural born gender ?
edit on 11-10-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The other day I was reading an article online about mold as it pertains to allergies and in the comment section, believe it or not, people were arguing about President Donald Trump.

For the life of me, I couldn't imagine how a discussion on mold spores had turned into a discussion about Trump, but then I know people who haven't spoken a word to one another since the election.

It's tough out there.

“How are you today?” you might ask someone. And before you know it, you're hearing about what Trump said or tweeted today, their disgust cutting their words with alarming clarity. Even in places where politics are taboo—-like a wedding or at work—Trump manages to win the day.

I'm not here to support Trump one way or the other, but I do want to let the Trump haters know that a lot of us are tired of your comments. It may be because some people don't share your views, or they just don't want to talk about politics right then, or maybe because they’re trying to learn something about mold at the moment, and bringing Trump into every single conversation is just overreaching.

Is the man really responsible for the mold spore count this fall?

It seems to me the best way to fight back if you want Trump out of office, is to put all of your energy into finding and supporting a candidate that will beat him in the next election.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You don't understand. Trump, and Pence, have exponentially expanded the protest, from only being about racism and police brutality, now adding in government oppression and suppression of 1st Amendment rights.

I guarantee you, players will still find a way to protest. Should they be forced to stand, they'll throw a fist in the air, and so will fans in the stadiums, in solidarity!

As I said, and yes I do understand, if there is a side show with my NFL I’m turning it off. I DO NOT CARE WHY! I’ll be watching collage ball.

BTW, I don’t accept any of the liberal BS that you or others are crying about.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Wow. Triggered much? I stopped reading halfway through that rant because my eyes glossed over from the pure rage. I'm sorry that my opinion offends you. I'm sorry that you need a safe space because athletes are protesting peacefully in a manner that you don't approve. Wait. No I'm not. Get over it.

To me, it is you who is triggered and overly emotional about the issue. You admittedly refuse to even read others opinions and become enraged.

Your team lost, get over it!
edit on 11-10-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I don't think the players really care if you turn off your TV. I think there are more who will tune in than out.

edit on 11-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think that the players that are protesting don’t think. And yes if I turn them off no big deal, but when millions turn them off and don’t attend their games they will care. In fact it’s happening now and that is why you see the NFL Commissioner and the Owners supporting Trump.

Just like the last election, you can float out any poll or theory that you like but all that matters is what actually happens.

Go America

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: DrumJunkie

The NFL voluntarily gave up their non-profit tax status in 2015. Trump is either a liar or...........

Even of they are now a for profit..like your work maybe?? I 'll wager that your boss does not get the monumental tax breaks from the fed, state, and local tax systems. But you still can't jut do or say what you want. Really Trump has no say other than opinion legally. But the players employers and the league do. People pay attention to what Trump says about it because he is POTUS. And so many people hate him. I don't like him but I'd imagine the man needs some Preparation H for the huge pain in the a$$ his detractors have been. The same detractors that for the last 8 years said stop whining you lost. People need to take the own advice and just shut up till something real happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The OP has not one clue what he is talking about. Trump can't eliminate free speech even if he wanted to. Heck, if that were the case all of Hollywood would be in jail. He is questioning why a private commercial enterprise is allowing it's workers to protest. And why give tax breaks to a coorporation that is dividing the country?

Is it me or do some ATS members have problems understanding the issues?

edit on 11-10-2017 by Assessor because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

I think that the players that are protesting don’t think. And yes if I turn them off no big deal, but when millions turn them off and don’t attend their games they will care. In fact it’s happening now and that is why you see the NFL Commissioner and the Owners supporting Trump.

Just like the last election, you can float out any poll or theory that you like but all that matters is what actually happens.

Go America

With the majority of America voting Trump into office, the NFL and the players are ostracizing the majority of their viewers. Fine with me. NFL will see more revenue drops if they cannot focus on football and stay out of politics.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Sorry this whole "can't protest at work" BS is about the lamest attack on the NFL protests I've seen.

Any employer has a right to dictate how an employee does their job. That idiot in Ky and the marriage licenses had to stop her protest or at the very least allow the licenses to be signed by other employees under her.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumJunkie

Right. The law allowed for gay marriage so the womans protest was outside of her workplace right and authority. And it smeared her whole department. Individual protest should be relegated to their own time, not on company time. If it's outside their religious and political convictions, then quit your job if you can't handle it. The million dollar NFL crybabies should quit if it affects them so much. Why do we need to see their temper tantrums when we watch football?
edit on 11-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

With the majority of America voting Trump into office

Too bad that isn't true. Hillary won the popular vote.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: thepixelpusher

With the majority of America voting Trump into office

Too bad that isn't true. Hillary won the popular vote.

Guess pixel should have qualified his statement with majority of US Citizens voting.

Too bad that the Electoral Collage determines the outcome isn’t it?

But you knew that, pixel’s point is still well taken even if only 20% of the backers of the President stop watching the NFL. Numbers bad!

Still butt hurt?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hilary said SHE'S GONNA stop that bad college, so THAT is the Dems word too. ...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join