It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the seven year tribulation begun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
a reply to: GoShredAK

According to the bible there is still a few things that need to happen before we're in the last 7 years. First off is the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9. And the conditions that lead up to it.

Next would be the Gog-Magog war. Probably this is what precedes the 7 year agreement and makes it necessary.

Third would be a Jewish temple and everything associated with that.

And lastly would be the appearance of the branch. He is the one who builds the temple.

Now those being the future events to the 7 year agreement then here's something to be concerned about. Based on a reading of Matthew 24 and the fig tree parables the event referred to in Matthew 24-36 may have already happened.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

But that event would be verse 14. Based on a reading of the entire Matthew 24 prophecy.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The problem comes about if you think about the rebirth of a nation of Israel in 1948. If that was an end time event as predicted in Ezekiel and the dried bones prophecy then it would have been the 2nd end time event. Which then puts the generation timeclock at 69 years and counting as of now.

Then consider the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11. Essentially if you combine all the prophesies of Daniel you can build a timeline of events that happen before the 7 year agreement. And the first event would be Daniel 11-2.

2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

This would be a perfectly accurate description of what led up to the 9-11 attacks. And then the next 2 events are described in Daniel 8.

That 2 nations in the middle east would be conquered by the "Greece" of Daniel 11. So if you think about it then what you have here is 5 fig leaves of the fig tree parable.

It could be very soon now.

The 7 year agreement is made, this is the 7 year tribulation. This agreement made by someone (the anti-christ) will be be broken in the middle (3 1/2 years into it) and then this person, whomever they are...will say "I am God" and then some people will recognize that they have been deceived.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yes, you are going to die.
And I am going to die.
Stop being so scared.
Go love someone or something.

--or jerk off; whatever.
See you in the afterlife--if there is one.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This planet has been around a lot longer than your religions and if it wants to get rid of us, then it will. The planet moves in cycles, humans just happen to be in the way of one its transitions. Tough luck for us, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Tough luck for us, I suppose.

You get what you pay for.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Nah cuz all the super Christians I know are still here and planes didn't fall from the sky or vehicles crash etc. They're all to be poofed up into the sky after all.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Bible is the best commentary on the Bible and there are things that do not allow for us to be in the midst of the seven year tribulation.

Jesus did not return to set up the promised earthly kingdom ran from Jerusalem shortly after his resurrection because Israel rejected the LORD, the father, in the OT, they rejected Jesus, God the son in the four Gospel writings, and God, the Holy Ghost up until Acts 7 where they stoned Stephen.

He will return to set up the kingdom and the fact that Israel became a nation again in 1948 tells us God is going to be dealing with them soon enough ad when he does the body of Christ shall be gathered unto Jesus ever more to be with him, because they shall not suffer the wrath of God because their faith that Jesus suffered that wrath for them on the cross was believed on for which they are saved from the wrath that is to come.

But since its formation the UN has passed 450 resolutions against Israel alone. That is more than half of its resolutions to date and more shall be added. The Nations that make up the UN are the nations that shall one day come to Jerusalem and make oblations to the Lord, those that don't will not have rain to make an oblation anyway.

One prophecy that happens in the midst of the seven year tribulation, also known of as Jacob's trouble so we understand that the whole great tribulation thing has to do with Israel and not so much about the rest of the world. That prophecy is that four angles will stop the winds from blowing from the east, the south, the west, and the north. This means the earth will stop spinning ending the weather patterns causing the earth to heat up tremendously (global warming), and proving gravity is actually not caused by the spinning for the earth. When this takes place the world will be in the midst of the great tribulation.

IMHO is we are not yet in the great tribulation, but the figs trees leaves have formed but no fruit has yet to show itself that would indicate we are still a little ways from it still.

edit on 19-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

you are correct the earth is a lot older than many Christians and the young earthers believe. The world (not the earth) has not completed its current cycle known as "the times of the Gentiles".

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Considering that Fimbulwinter hasn't started yet, I'm going to go with no.

Hehe, I know a few who have been sodding about in winter climate for years and years. Ever been to Greenland? Next, try staying there a few years. Winter never seems to end. Was the Fimbul winter prophecy about the discovery or disclosure of the New World and our many expeditions to ever-snowy environments?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think there are a few issues to address here:

1. The bible was written by man, who "interpreted" Gods word. The books of the current new testament where selected, discussed and approved at the first council of Nicaea. This selection process decided which book fitted the agreed direction the church wanted for the Christian religion

2. The bible was written by man, I know, I know, I said that. However, the actual words are an interpretation of Gods word, through Jesus, written many years after the death of Jesus. The bible is not a transcription of the word of Jesus, as he spoke them, it is not a diary of events, as they happened.

3. Jesus died on the cross to forgive all sins, he was the sacrificial lamb of the old testament, there is, therefore, no need for tribulation, judgement, special ways to get to heaven or special phrases you need to say to be "saved"

4. Prophecies, how do these prophecies even see the light of day as legitimate? They are not from God, they are dreams, hallucinations or just downright made up lies to elicit a planned response or planned outcome.

Organised religion is a curse on the human race, a means of control by power hungry people. I think God exists, I believe he is real, I also believe that humans are far to corruptable to act as "intermediaries" to God, and why do we need one?

The tribulation stories including rapture are fiction, fiction written by power and money hungry people to control the masses.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bobsa

The rapture is biblical.

Revelation 3, 10.

Matthew 24. 30 _31

Corinthians 15 verses 51 to 54

Thessalonians 4.16 onwards

Luke 17. 34.

The Bible is the Word of God. How can you be Christian and not believe in the Bible?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wulfrida

I'm sorry the bible is not the word of god, its man's interpretation of the word of god. Its also made of writings carefully chosen to fulfil a political need, that of the advancement of the Christian religion by the council of Nicaea.

I am Christian, in that I believe in God and Christ. I am not a Christian in the respect of belonging to a church.

You asked how can I be a Christian and not believe the Bible, well I'll ask you a similar question, how can you believe in a Bible with so many contradictory elements?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I thought the "christians" all went poof-inviso-chango first?

Aren't you jumping the "Trumpet" so to speak?

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Some believe in a pre trib rapture, some mid trib. Depends on how you read the passages.

We arent in the tribulation yet, the temple has yet to be rebuilt. Though with ears and runors of wars, strange signs in the sky, etc, I think we are close.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I LIKES YOU, I WILL DEFINETLY MEET YOU IN AFTERLIFE...
@WULF

ONTOPIC, DO YOU AND WHY DO YOU WISH THERE WOULD BE 7 YEARS TRIBULATION, REMEMBER THOUGHTS HAVE POWER AND BIBLE IS METAPHORICAL.
edit on 8-11-2017 by MasterOfNonexistent because: GB

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bobsa

I dont believe the Bible contradicts itself. Examples?

Im no saint, im a struggling everyday sinner, but I know my Bible.

I had this argument with my mother a while ago. She is an aging hippy, and cherry picks from Christianity. Takes what she likes, dumps the rest. Her God is her construction of what she wants him to be. Not the biblical God. We wont ever agree because I believe the bible to be the infallible Word of God. She, bless her sweet heart, sees it as a self help book.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterOfNonexistent

Aw, shucks! I hope ill be walking round heaven one day. God already delivered me from my own Egypt.

Some of the Bible is metaphor, not all, imo.
I dont hope for it, vengeance belongs to the Lord, not me. Im told by the only roadmap I have that it has to happen, and will happen.

The power of positive thinking is no match for biblical prophesy.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No, the tribulation era has not yet begun

according to prophecy, Israel ** will sign a Peace Treaty or Pact/Covenant First...only after that Treaty is signed then broken will the Tribulation & then Great Tribulation begin (both Tribs being 3 1/2 years long, or 42 months each as per scripture)

** we assume that the 1948 Israel nation is the 'Israel' of eschatological prophecy

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Very true and the real countdown to the seven year tribulation
began when Israel became a nation again.We are living in the
end times and don't know how much time we have until Yeshua
returns.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: whywhynot

Very true and the real countdown to the seven year tribulation
began when Israel became a nation again.We are living in the
end times and don't know how much time we have until Yeshua
returns.

we do know we have a certain 'window' for the 2nd coming....

1948 Israel rebirth/regathering...
Man is flesh and is given 120 years...

So therefore 1948 + 120 years (maximum) = year 2,068 CE
or the maximum window date of from --> November 2067- March 2068

however the 70 year rule might apply --> i.e. 1948 + 70 = 2018
(that is if NK represents Gog/Magog)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

In Psalms 90 it states that the lifetime of a man is approximately 70 to 80 years. Matthew 24 states with the fig tree parable that the Apocalypse will happen in the lifetime of the generation that witnesses the first end time event. Therefore you have to consider a 80 year time limit as well. May 15 2028 would be the 80 anniversary of the nation of Israel.

So doing reverse math that would put the 7 year agreement on May 15 2021. And the Gog Magog disaster would be a likely candidate for 2018.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join