It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Happy with the Political Climate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Great snippet. Sounds like he may know a few things....spot on.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Great snippet. Sounds like he may know a few things....spot on.

Sadly, he passed in 2013. However, he stated succinctly that which we all know in our guts all too well.

We're going to have to re-learn to cooperate and actually get things done.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Funny thing is, the noncooperation isn't really all pervasive. The people I work with are very wide and varied in viewpoint. From hard religious conservative to hard liberal, to me as a near anarchist. The guy who is in charge and I will visit about some things here and there, but we don't really get too deep into it, and no one else talks anything other than business.

Just how i like it, honestly. The less interaction I get, the better I tend to fare at work.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Problem is that we don't live in our neighborhoods very much anymore. That's a middle class thing.

They're trying to break that up and get people moved into little box apartments where you hardly ever interact with or see your neighbors.

When you have a house and yard, you see your neighbors. Everyone goes in and out and has to do some degree of yard work. You tend to have kids who are playing and pets going in and out. People walk and bike. There is that inevitable interaction when you take out trash or mow or your kids wait for the bus in the morning.

That's lessened in other forms of living. I see it. They work hard to try to compel people to interact in multi family living situations.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Funny thing is, the noncooperation isn't really all pervasive. The people I work with are very wide and varied in viewpoint. From hard religious conservative to hard liberal, to me as a near anarchist. The guy who is in charge and I will visit about some things here and there, but we don't really get too deep into it, and no one else talks anything other than business.

Just how i like it, honestly. The less interaction I get, the better I tend to fare at work.

I hear you. Fascinatingly, my "partner" in business is pretty much a far, far media right-wing person. We focus on points that we agree on, and avoid those that we disagree on. We have regular discussions to find out what those are.

But that happens in the "real world" ... where people have deadlines and payroll to make. LOL.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

UNLESS you are patriotic..if so we ARE in a fight here.
The HEAVY Marxist media saturation continues,as is the rampant propaganda being claimed as facts.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I was bitten by a clown recently...

Now everything looks "funny" not in a "ha ha" way but funny just the same. It helps to realize that.....

"Fools are my theme, let satire be my song"....Lord Byron

edit on 10-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I don't know about "happy".

What I am, is more educated. I've learned so much since Trump has been elected.

I've learned that congressional republicans want to keep Obamacare and just change the name.

I've learned that congress does not want to lower my taxes, regardless what they say.

I've learned that establishment politicians hate Trump and will do everything they can to stop him from doing things because if he gets things done, it'll mean that anyone can be elected and make positive changes.

I've learned that the establishment won't make that mistake again and will have someone in place in 2020.

I've learned that while I will never vote for a democrat, nor will I ever vote for a republican again either.

I've learned that politicians don't care about DACA kids, The Wall, illegal immigration, wars or veterans.

I've learned that if I were to try and sculpt a statue made of fecal matter of all of DC, there isn't enough crap to even start.

That's what I've learned.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Glad to hear your going third party from now on?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I'd prefer to go tar, feathers, and pitchforks and clean out the entire stable manually.

Libertarians had a real shot and then they nominated an establishment idiot named Gary Johnson.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Not a greenie and libertarian candidates last time endorsed Hillary.

Right now? In our political climate?

I'd get more satisfaction beating my head with a ball peen hammer than I would casting a vote.

My political "party" would be for less government spending, taking care of our vets, no government healthcare, and paying less in taxes.

Might as well wish for a unicorn, a balloon animal, a trip to Disney and a chiseled bod while I'm at it.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

This, too, shall pass.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It is what it is. Growing pains at worst. There is an element to it which I find deplorable and repugnant... yet everytime that element behaves like a group of tantruming children, they push more people over to the opposite (OK, OK "my") side. So on that front, I'm fine with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So will my kidney stone,but THIS requires attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The number of folks stating variations on "well, yeah, but my side is still the best" here is terminal irony.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I guess I could say I am more hopeful seeing the political turmoil happening as of late . I mean like we really couldn't expect the old guard to go down without a fight so its almost expected to produce a lot of chaos in some respects .

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
No.

Between conservative glee at every little thing that might upset liberals despite it being something that will likely harm them as well and the militancy of so-called 'politically correct' individuals it's slightly maddening.

Today, if a conservative and a liberal are sharing a water source and Trump #s in the water source the conservative will laugh and say, 'take that liberal!'

Meanwhile, if a conservative disagrees with a protest in one form or another then a liberal will point and say, 'stop being a racist!'

Trump is the epitome of this divide. He's systematically dismantling everything Obama ever put in place simply because.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
No.

Between conservative glee at every little thing that might upset liberals despite it being something that will likely harm them as well and the militancy of so-called 'politically correct' individuals it's slightly maddening.

Today, if a conservative and a liberal are sharing a water source and Trump #s in the water source the conservative will laugh and say, 'take that liberal!'

Meanwhile, if a conservative disagrees with a protest in one form or another then a liberal will point and say, 'stop being a racist!'

Trump is the epitome of this divide. He's systematically dismantling everything Obama ever put in place simply because.

Yes, we need to keep anyone and everyone from pissing in our well. Period. (Including ourselves.)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: network dude
I'm tickled #less. My side won. We sent the liberals packing.

Yes, your side won. And now they celebrate by being angry every day, about every little thing the liberals do and say.

And our side wins a little bit, every time.

It's a funny world.

And if you wish to believe that, all the better. BTW, liberals make me smile. Sometimes I squint, but mostly smile.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've always been unhappy with the political climate, and I place equal blame on all sides.

One the one hand, I think it would be nice of we would all take personal responsibility for the political climate and work to fix it. On the other hand, such platitudes will not -- cannot -- fix a problem that is sociological in scale.

Taking responsibility for one's self isn't enough, as ultimately the masses will move in whatever direction the sociological waves are currently rolling.

Problem 1) It's politics, which involves politicians, which involves millions of dollars being invested in campaigns aimed at dividing and motivating the population.

Problem 2) It's politics, which involves political parties. Which further divides people into teams and plays upon our hardwired biological tendencies to view the world in terms of "us vs. them."

Problem 3) Citizens united/dark money, which makes it hard to know who is paying for all this influence.

Problem 4) The internet, where no one is who they claim to be, paid shills are everywhere, useful idiots are everywhere, and everyone is a raging a-hole.

I mean, it's a perfect storm. It cannot be fixed, short of an EMP.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join