It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Owners to Discuss Policy on Standing for Anthem-Who could have guessed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

If they got back to pure sports they might have a chance again. I used to watch them every day. Haven't in years now.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I guess now we see how much these SJW's really care about standing, or kneeling, for their cause.

Lol.

I find this really investing.

So lets say the NFL does this, they say if a player kneels they face a 3 match ban and if they consistently offend they will face some other punishment.

You are really starting to infringe upon their first amendment rights to freedom of speech, you are saying "give up your cause or we ban you and your whole team suffers, your fans suffer ect".

If this was infringing upon second amendment rights people would be taking a very different view on this.

Its like I say quite a lot these days, the first amendment only applies to people who agree with you.

If the NFL orders them to stand, I would expect every player on every team to kneel. The result being the following week they would start being held back in the tunnels like was the tradition a few years ago. Players get to make their last stand on their terms, and the NFL gets to stop parroting them out for the military. Since this whole thing has been about dishonoring the flag, which it isn't, the players could then all recite the pledge allegiance, while standing , making a patriotic gesture, and then staying in the tunnel thereafter to put this whole thing to bed.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: seasonal

Isn't it already in the Operations Manual that players/coaches have to stand and face the flag during the National Anthem?

Yup, right next to no twerking, dancing in the end zone, making fun of opposing players and pretending to shoot arrows.

So much for free speech on the job, eh?

lol. Maybe they will let them do that funny stuff if they stand?

That will bring the numbers up!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry, common misconception. It's only the government who can't infringe. The NFL can.

Just like the NFL can say no guns allowed here and 2nd amendment people don't care.
edit on 11-10-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join