It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Paranormal Activity In A Brand New Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

New-built houses usually get haunted because they are built on some ancient cemetary or battle field.
My advice: dig up the whole area around your house and remove any human bones or skulls you may find. Relocate the human remains to another place in a safe distance to your home (farer away than 6.66 miles) and burry them there.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, after months of nothing in the way of noticeable activity, something happened last night, and it's the first time both me and my wife were there to experience it together.

A little background on the layout of the part of the house we were in: It's a Great Room, meaning the living, dining, and kitchen is one big room. There is one partial wall, covering a portion of the kitchen where the stove and a few cabinets are, but other than that, it's open. We have a home theater receiver, but have not hooked up anything other than the front speakers as of yet.

last night, w are on the couch watching television. Suddenly, I hear plain as day, a human whistling. Very quickly. I would describe it as "Yoo-hoo" in human whistle form, if you get what I'm trying to say. It wasn't right next to us, but further back behind us, somewhere in the dining/kitchen part of the room.

I didn't immediately respond, as I tried to process whether it had come from the television or not, and I casually, but apparently with some curiosity on my face, looked around slowly. I didn't want to freak out my wife immediately, because to be honest, when it happened, my initial reaction was that someone (living) was in the house. I obviously wasn't that casual, because my wife looked at me and asked me if I had just heard a whistle. I agreed I had. I got up and checked out the house, to find nothing. We stopped the DVR, rewound, and replayed the part of the show we were watching, to see if it was on the show and it just sounded like it came from behind us. It was not on the show.

It was kind of creepy, because it seemed to be such as "I'm here trying to get your attention" type of thing. It did not occur again, nor did anything else happen last night. Until last night, we had never had anything happen when both of us were around. I tried to figure out whether it could have been anything other than a human whistling, and could not come up with anything.

It's clear as a sunny day in my mind. I hear the whistle. "Yoo-hoo".

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Not to try to freak you out, but a number of paranormal investigators/demonologists have said that a demon appearing as a "human" ghost won't be able to present as fully formed or will be otherwise incomplete some how. Given the number of times demons actually pretend to be human spirits, and given the fact the two "ghosts" were not fully formed (i.e. did not have faces), the potential for that might be something to consider too.

At the same time, I woke up to see two bodies standing next to my bed years ago. They didn't have faces/heads, and it was odd, because I couldn't quite put my finger on where the shoulders/neck ended. Like there wasn't just a clear cut off point. But then nothing else happened after that, so it also could just have been something involved with me waking up from a dream (I never had ghost issues and that would be my only real experience seeing one, if in fact I did).

In any case, good luck!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jwlaffer

I appreciate the input and another perspective as we work through this. It's a lot to process, especially when prior to the goings on in this house, I'm not sure I really believed in ghosts, or demons for that matter. I pretty much wrote off what my wife saw until the first thing happened to me.

There's really no pattern or reason as to what happens, when it happens, or how. I can say that the same exact experience has not happened twice at this point.

Our friends want us to have someone over with experience in the paranormal, but I just don't know that I've wrapped my head around it to that extent yet. It isn't something that happens regularly enough to do more than freak us out at the moment it happens, but I also wonder about what happens if we ignore it, good or bad?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I've never had the opportunity to be a skeptic, as my family has a rich "tradition" of the paranormal. Funnily enough, while I have on some very few occasions experienced something you could consider paranormal, those are far and few between while my brothers and sister experience something nearly weekly.

I agree with what wtbengineer said, sometimes you end up "calling" for something without knowing it. Sometimes, a vibe will be more than enough to bring somethings attention to you. It doesn't have to be anything you do personally, it can just be the type of person you are. For example, I've read that many who "end up" haunted became so because the spirits enjoyed the exuberant life forces that person put out.

I would like to caution you against letting your curiosity get the better of you though. Not saying this was ever on your mind, but stay away from trying to make contact. No EVP's, or trying to capture it on film / images. Sometimes, that causes even more occurrences and can be quite uncomfortable.

Wish you luck with your research, hope you'll update us on what you find.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
my great uncle was a taoist exorcist.
thankfully i never saw a ghost. but i heard a ghost run acrosss a hallway when no one was upstairs. it was AWESOME. i am always worried i would take a leak in my pants out of fear if i saw a ghost lol!

but i heard the ghost, know something is out there, and i was so psyched.
got the proof but no need to be scared lol.
it was more of a oh snap that was so cool moment than fear.

but i do not live there, the people who did live there told me 'you get used to it...'

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
After a pretty lengthy period of quiet, things have seemed to pick up this again week.

Last weekend I went out into the garage to put some paper into the kindling bucket for our fireplace. There is an old metal thermometer out there which was swaying back and forth pretty hard on the nail. Could I have accidentally hit it when I turned on the light? I suppose, but I didn't feel it and it was swaying pretty hard for me to not have noticed. I watched it until it finally slowed to a stop, then waited to see if it would happen again. It didn't.

A few nights ago I woke up because there was all sorts of random noises coming from the living room and kitchen. Tapping, the sound of objects being set down on the granite hard enough to make a sound, all sorts of unusual noises.

Then, an ice cube fell out of the freezer door. It was 3:00 AM and the last time anyone used the ice dispenser would have been around 10:00 PM. Ice will get trapped in the flap, so that's not unusual. The problem is when ice gets caught in the flap, it takes about 10 minutes to melt enough to drop out and hit the floor. This was five hours after the last time the dispenser was used.

Yesterday evening, I was taking a shower and a shadow ran across the bathroom and disappeared. I thought it was the dog, but my wife said the dog was outside the whole time.

I'm curious as to what, if anything, will happen next. As always, I try to find logical explanations rather than leaping to paranormal.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Update:

Two nights ago, I was laying in bed and from my wife's side of the bed (she was asleep) came the sound like someone was squeezing a thin, empty plastic water bottle. That sort of crinkling noise. I looked over, to obviously see nothing. Several minutes later it happened again.

My wife does keep a bottle of water on her night stand, but it's a much more solid plastic bottle and does not make the sounds I heard. I also considered the bottle popping as it adjusted to the temperature in the room, as will happen with a cold water bottle, but this wasn't merely a pop, it was an extended crunching/crinkling noise.

Yesterday, I was convinced (sort on half way paying attention) I saw our dog next to my wife while she was making dinner, paws up on the cabinets, then get down and start to come around to me. I thought this was odd since I had just gotten home and the dog usually drops everything to greet me. The dog never came around the corner of the island. The dog wasn't even in the house. She was at the back door waiting on me to let her in. That could have simply been a trick of the eyes/brain, but worth mentioning since things seem to be happening lately.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We moved into a brand new home in a brand new housing track. The track had no age limit, but it was next to a mortuary in a small retirement city. The city has a high death rate compared to most cities, because originally, and for decades, everyone had to be old (55+) to live there.

After living there for several months I started to realize that we had ghost. Our new house was haunted? Then we learned that there were other houses near us that had ghost.

A year after the track was built people started moving out, probably because the track was haunted.

I actually liked having my own ghost. I would come home during the daylight and she would start ticking away, happy to see me. My cats kept trying to figure out where that noise was coming from.

She was not what I was expecting. Natalie was nice and lived in the guest bedroom. But we also had a second ghost, who lived in the den, and he gave off evil vibes.

Be careful what you watch on TV, because ghost can watch TV too.

You don't want to give them any bad ideas.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Do you have any young children living in your home? It seems like children attract this paranormal stuff so I am not asking thinking the kids are moving things. I live in a home that we jokingly say has a ghost.

We had quiet respites when my daughters grew up and moved out but when my grandsons come to stay, the weird stuff and strange noises begins to happen again. Everyone in the house hears the noises or notices strange movements, including the cats.

Like you, we always get up to discover the scientific possible reasoning to no avail. Hubby is getting a web cam since it does seem to be occurring or emanating from the kitchen area as the center of activity. In basement, the strange activity occurs right below the same areas.

Still trying to figure out what it is...still skeptical, but for now, no real answers either.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

No, the kids are all grown and none of them ever lived in this house. Just me, the wife, the chickens out back, and a dog who seems to know more than we do about what's going on in the house. There are times we will be playing fetch and she will run to get the toy and slam on the brakes, back up, stare at the wall, and refuse to get the toy.

Other than the thought of "well, that was creepy" it doesn't seem like anything (if it is actually paranormal in the first place) that escalates and there are long periods of nothing happening.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It sounds like most of the action has come from the "great room" area but mainly the kitchen. After typing that, though, both you and your wife had experiences that were in the bedroom, you while in the shower, and also the garage.

I was going to ask about whether or not you ever had any extra appliances running when things occurred in the kitchen? Like the garbage disposal or microwave? There are several theories regarding higher EMF levels and paranormal activities. One is that your brain begins to mess with you and you see things, possibly hear things too. But with objects having been physically moved, that would rule that theory out. But what if they are able to use the extra EMF to give themselves power to move physical objects or make audible sounds?

Since your neighborhood was so far away from everything else, was an electrical sub station installed nearby to power the neighborhood? That could be a large source of extra EMF but I think others in your neighborhood would be experiencing similar things. Have you ever brought it up to any of your neighbors?

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
No we haven't brought it up with any of the neighbors. I can't think of any of the instances where a microwave or other appliance was running, but I also can't discount it in every circumstance, such as the garage. It's highly likely that I did hit the thermometer when I turned the light on in the garage, and just didn't feel it happen, although it's something I had not done before then or since then. Still the most likely explanation.

I honestly could not tell you if anything was running when my wife said she saw the man and child in the living room, as I was not home. That's what started this whole experience, and at the time, I didn't really believe she had seen what she said she saw.

These things tend to happen in isolated groups of occurrences over a few weeks, and then everything is quiet for a long period of time, sometimes months. I try to avoid leaping to the "paranormal conclusion" but the plastic water bottle noise the other night, which repeated a few minutes after the first, is simply unexplainable. Trick of the eyes/brain is an easy way for me to explain some of the experiences, but not that sound, not that whistle from the kitchen, and certainly not watching a solid clay pig the size of a racket ball making a 45 degree turn while all the other pigs of the same size and weight, did not move at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Did you see the film Poltergeist ?
that was a new home!
build on a Indian burial ground!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you had company before they will move with you. We looked at some old pictures the other day and that started things happening again. We laugh it off. You get used to it.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Things had been really quiet since April, but the last couple weeks have been eventful.

Although I did not see this happen this time, one of the clay pigs referenced in the OP was turned a quarter turn once again the other day. We noticed when we returned home form being out for the day.

While watching tv the other night, I distinctly heard a voice about 30 feet behind me say "uhh-noooo" or I know" or something like that. As I did the last time there was an audible voice, I paused the tv, ran the DVR back and verified it did not come from the show I was watching.

Friday night I was playing with the puppy in the kitchen/dining area. Tiled floor. The toy is a furry cloth material, long and flat. Maybe a foot long and three inches wide. At one point it was between me and the puppy. I'd guess the dog was about a foot away form it and I was closer. As I was reaching for it, it slid approximately 18 inches across the floor at a set speed and stopped. I did not touch it. The dog did not touch it. I don't even think there is a way the dog could have made it move in the exact manner as far as it slid, even if she had touched it. It was a forceful move, in a straight line, and then a complete stop. No slow down, just a sudden stop. I moved as if someone had their hand on top of the toy and pushed it across the floor without letting go of the pressure, and then stopped it.

I'd say things are picking up, but it seems like this comes in little pockets where things happen and then everything is quiet for months.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join