It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Paranormal Activity In A Brand New Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
While always a skeptic, it's looking more and more like we may have some activity in our brand new home. There's enough going on to warrant us trying to research the area, since the house itself has no history at all. The house was completed in March of this year, out in a small neighborhood well away from much of anything. No gas, groceries, restaurants, etc. for about a twenty minute drive in any direction, which offers us the peace and quite we were looking for.

Things started off fairly quietly, although I would notice random sounds throughout the day and night, much of which I wrote off as the house settling. As a skeptic, everything was written off without further questions. That changed when I came home from attending an afternoon baseball game and my wife told me that she saw something.

She was taking a nap on the couch when she said she got a sudden chill right down to the bone, and opened her eyes. She said she immediately saw two figures standing in the living room, a man and a child. Both were wearing red and black plaid, long sleeve shirts. She said neither had a visible face, but the man was more visible than the child. She jumped up scared, and they were gone.

For the most part, I wrote this off as coming out of a dream, but I didn't act dismissive of her experience. I noted it in the back of my mind and moved on, pretty much blaming the two ghosts for any number of things, like if I forgot to put something away, or tracked in some dirt on the clean floor, the ghosts did it.

What it did do, was it made me want to not simply dismiss the various sounds which continue to occur, but to spend time verifying what sounds were the house or an appliance, and which ones were harder to explain.

The next thing to happen was more on the "have I watched too many ghost investigator shows" level, but I can't dismiss it either. There are no street lights or anything within miles of our little neighborhood, which has about twenty houses with a small lake bordering one side. Sometimes, I wake up and need to hit the head, and I don't want to wake up my wife, so I will grab the bedside flashlight (it's a small LED style) and I'll use the guest bathroom. One recent night I was walking through the house and the flashlight started to dim, and continued to dim until it was barely creating any light at all. I figured it was just time to change the batteries and turned it off. The flashlight worked fine for the next several days, before again dimming suddenly to where there was almost no light coming from it. Minutes later it was fine again. Last week, I changed out the batteries, so we'll see how ti goes from there.

Finally, my wife calls me at work the other day and asks me if I got anything out of the dresser that morning. I had gotten a pair of dress socks out, and asked her why she wanted to know. She said she was in the bathroom getting ready for work and she heard he metal handle to one of the dresser drawers clank (anyone who has the movable dresser handles rather than knobs knows they make pretty distinct sounds when you let go of them) and it freaked her out. The time frame for when she heard that noise does not match up to the time I got out the dress socks. In fact, I was already on the way to work when it happened. We tried to recreate what would have caused the handle to make the noise on its own, but without any results.

She doesn't know I'm posting this. She doesn't even know I poke around ATS or would know what it was. There's just a decent amount of things going on that may or may not be related to each other for us to look into it more. We're curious about the history of the land, just to see if we can find anything that would tie in to two figures she saw. I don't know where we will start, but hopefully it will be an interesting journey.

Anyway, thanks for giving our experience a read. I know it's not as exciting as chairs moving across the room but it's peaked the interest of this skeptic.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

As a former Skeptic welcome to the club.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sometimes it has nothing to do with the history of the house or the land. Sometimes things are attracted to you based on stuff you are involved in. Not saying that this is what's going on in your case as I don't know you from Adam, but it does happen.

And I was never really a skeptic growing up in a haunted house and terrorized until I moved out at 20.
edit on 10/10/2017 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Something is definitely trying to get your attention. There are a few ways you can handle this. You should always be cautious though. Never open up a doorway you can't close. You could try to speak to the spirits and find out what they want. An EVP session would be effective for this. It might be wise to have a local investigation team help you with that as they have the tech knowledge but it can be done yourself if you prefer. Do not try to communicate via a form like Ouija.. as that opens a doorway that can let anything in... If you are just wanting the presences gone, you can have a local shaman come and smudge your home. You can try this yourself as well but again.. its is best to have someone who knows what they are doing perform the cleansing. If done wrong, it may not work. You can DM me if you have any questions or just want more advice.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just my .02, an LED won't dim when the battery is low. Once they reach a low voltage state, they simply turn off. Some will flash, as the voltage comes back up once the light is off. Smaller battery, faster flash.
My go-to light uses one AAA, and when it gets too low to go it'll start to flash, maybe half a second off, one second on... until the battery warms up, or dies.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Despite all the "hype" the world of invisible stuff is very real. Maybe you're experiencing it.

How would you feel if you died and found out that dying was "shedding" skin ...and any easy way to interact with the environment?

Some (most?) "dead" folks are simply lost, lonely and scared.

Talking to the "empty" room has helped quiet places I've lived in that were "haunted."

I tried telling "them" that although I was just another guy, I'd read that everything was energy and mentally shouting for help might get someone to come take them to a "better" environment.

All I know for sure is that that embarrassing, one sided conversation quieted things down in two separate homes.

So, don't be afraid... sometimes they seem to talk to us when we're asleep... and don't "play around" with it as we really don't know what we're doing, for sure. But if I were dead and confused (assuming that is what is really going on, that is) I'd like for someone to help out.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

Thanks for the helpful advice. This is not something that I find myself more intrigued buy, so it's not a bother, at least not at this point, but I do want to explore learning more. Like I said, this could all be a giant coincidence, but it seems too related for now to ignore.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

That information certainly helps. The LED light literally lowered to where it was barely on, during each occurrence.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I agree,being no one has ever died for a long period,and came back to describe it,who knows what happens when you die,I have no idea

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I will update as we research, and with any new possible activity.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I am hugely sceptical of these things and am now starting to look into parapsychology following the advice of folks from ATS.

In my opinion - and it is just opinion - I would put it down to what you've said already; house settling, waking from a dream etc.

That doesn't mean it's not interesting, far from it - I'd say it warrents further, detailed and scientific study.

Good luck

edit on 13102017 by MrCrow because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Clearly this new home was built on an Indian burial ground. Keep a close eye on the television.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
(deleted)
edit on 13102017 by MrCrow because: Double post

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
(deleted)
edit on 13102017 by MrCrow because: Triple post! What the...

new topics

top topics

join