It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'hackers steal US-South Korea war plans'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: luthier

My buddy that I was talking to earlier, could have copied almost anything he wanted to from a secure network. He even could have sat there reading about programs he wasn't supposed to have access to.

That is frightening.

So we rely on superior tech and mobility exclusively? Yikes.

The Russians were able to beat a technological superior with grit and strategy. I hope we don't get to reliant on just the machine aspect.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

We ended 60 miles east of BASRA ourselves,we were going to kill the Republican Guard(WHERE the HELL did that nut come up with THAT name?)before ceasefire
THEN got a nice DOSE from this..en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We ended 60 miles east of BASRA ourselves,we were going to kill the Republican Guard(WHERE the HELL did that nut come up with THAT name?)before ceasefire
THEN got a nice DOSE from this..en.wikipedia.org...

Terrible man,..it's one thing tI make a mistake, it's another to ignore it and pretend it never happened.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
While obviously not ideal, this isn't quite as big a deal as what's being reported in the media. For any given scenario, we develop multiple plans. Even if you have all of them, you can only deploy your assets to best defend against one of them. We can then observe how your assets are deployed and simply use the plan that you're least prepared for. So it's not like "oh my god they know exactly what we're going to do!". They don't. They know what all our options are. They don't know which one we'll choose to use.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

My buddy that I was talking to earlier, could have copied almost anything he wanted to from a secure network. He even could have sat there reading about programs he wasn't supposed to have access to.

now that i think about it my friend in the NG had access to th esatelite sytem...so yeah ya prolly right about lax security.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Article Entitled: North Korea's hacking abilities are beyond imagination.

North Korea's hacking capabilities are "beyond imagination," one former computer expert for the North told ABC News in the wake of Tuesday's report that the nation had stolen secret intelligence documents, including the U.S.-South Korean war strategy.

Secret intelligence documents and photos unilaterally collected by the U.S. military were among the stolen cache of South Korea’s classified documents by North Korean hackers, but the totality of what was stolen remains unknown, according to South Korea’s ruling Democratic Party lawmaker Lee Cheol-hee.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just because they think they stole that, doesn't mean they actually got legit records...

You know the U.S. and other state actors have things called " Honey Pots " ?

You want to give hackers the stuff they are looking for, it's a great way to secure your data, make fake data, unsecure on purpose so that it gets hacked and not your legit secrets, hopefully encrypted and segmented, an most importantly, offline.

Just remember folks, the U.S. got to the internet 1st, so why wouldn't we have a few " hidden gems " and " expert knowledge " that would surpass a 3rd world country's recent ( 10 years ) endeavors into it?

ARPANET adopted TCP/IP on January 1, 1983, and from there researchers began to assemble the “network of networks” that became the modern Internet. The online world then took on a more recognizable form in 1990, when computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web.

Don't be so gullible that you want a war we don't need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join