It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidney Transplants and the Donor Families (2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS .

In a previous post I asked the question of whether the Donor Family of my StepDaughter's new Kidney would like to receive thanks from Us .

Although a letter was never in doubt , it proved to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do so thanks for all your advice .

Its been a few weeks but for those who commented previously , the letter is below .

And for all of those in a similar medical situation , have hope . Miracles do happen .

"Dear Donor Family

My name is M and I am writing to you on behalf of my stepdaughter who recently received a Donor Kidney.

We cannot begin to imagine the pain and anguish you have been through and by writing you this letter we certainly do not want to add to it.

In early 2015, she had a short illness and was then diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure.
After almost two and a half years of Dialysis three times a week, the immediate change in her and her health was a joy to behold.

We felt that we had to thank you for this Life Changing gift in the hope that the greatness of our gratitude may be of some comfort to you. You are constantly in our thoughts and will always have our family's thanks.

If you wished to contact us we would of course be delighted; but if you do not, we fully understand and respect your wishes and feelings.

With our utmost and heartfelt good wishes,

Yours Faithfully
M.
"

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Perfect. It would add to the donors family's feeling the death was not in vain, and likely bring some solace.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

That is perfect. Such a sweet and heartfelt letter.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

sorry I missed your original thread...that letter is perfect!!!

I just want to let people know that even if a person dies of cancer they might be able to donate something...my husband died of kidney cancer but we were able to donate his corneas and gave someone the gift of sight...he always wanted to be a donor and I was so glad I was able to do this and help someone else out!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's prefect.

I can't say much more than that without repeating myself.

Good on ya, and bless them and your step daughter

-Alee

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nice letter and I am sure there was appreciation to some degree. When you are in morning not much registers at the time.

I am sure later, when they are able to, will respond to you.

So happy for your niece and you and hopes for a happy, healthy future.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Perfect. It would add to the donors family's feeling the death was not in vain, and likely bring some solace.

Thanks Plotus, and indeed if this can give hope to other Families in similar situations that would be a bonus.

If the Family do want to make contact I'll post some updates.

It feels so strange but I would like to know who gave us this gift.

top topics

join