It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives are the real campus thought police squashing academic freedom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There's a lot of Koch and other conservative big money behind the attacks on academia but all we ever read about are SJWs and anti-fa. Should we not look at the other side?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... and yet, the same folks have spent days and weeks justifying the acts of Nazis and White Supremacists while crying about having them IDed as "right-wing."

The whole false dichotomy boggles the mind.

I'm not sure what Nazis and White Supremacists are... I do know they are small in numbers and basically were considered idiot losers until the left and media gave them what they been wanting for decades....someone to notice them...lol

Yet, you know that "ANTIFA" and "BLM" and College Kids in Berkeley are part of a national "leftist" violent plot against Free Speech?

Hmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Gryphon66

You mean a Liberal Arts college in California? Can't imagine why...

Well, I know that if I were going to stage a "wag the dog" scenario, that'd be a great setting. Fer shure.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for your opinion.

Mine, and others, greatly differ.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sure ... I'd start with the "Tea Party protests" back in 2010. Was your point merely that there has been an uptick in political violence? I agree.

As far as violence with a perceivable political "side" affiliation ... where we start here is debatable. How about Oklahoma City April 19, 1995?

I think I said in the last few years...right? What do we see today... You said

My point is that there is nothing beyond a media narrative that demonstrates recent upticks in political violence as "from the left."

But then you agree with me that there has been an uptick in political violence...

If we looked at that political violence in the last lets say three years was it mostly left or right or 50/50?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

There's a lot of Koch and other conservative big money behind the attacks on academia but all we ever read about are SJWs and anti-fa. Should we not look at the other side?

Pointing out double standards with a double standard is no way to get any point across.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Because 2010 is so long ago? Wow. It seems like you're really trying to cherry-pick your argument here.

You only want to consider an uptick in political violence only in the last three years? Why?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you for your opinion.

Mine, and others, greatly differ.

So what?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

... and yet, the same folks have spent days and weeks justifying the acts of Nazis and White Supremacists while crying about having them IDed as "right-wing."

The whole false dichotomy boggles the mind.

I'm not sure what Nazis and White Supremacists are... I do know they are small in numbers and basically were considered idiot losers until the left and media gave them what they been wanting for decades....someone to notice them...lol

So how is that any different than the small group of liberals in ANTIFA and BLM doing their actions? I'm a liberal and I'm not part of either organization. How does that factor into your hyperbole?
edit on 10-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yet, you know that "ANTIFA" and "BLM" and College Kids in Berkeley are part of a national "leftist" violent plot against Free Speech?

Hmmmmm.

I'm not sure your point... The Nazis put on their clown suits and march and normally have a permit to do so....One of Antifa tenants is to use violence if necessary to physically shutdown any speech they deem fascist, and that is exactly what they do.

As far as BLM and College Kids in Berkeley I see them more as anarchists than left or right...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You only want to consider an uptick in political violence only in the last three years? Why?

Sounds like obfuscating data to me. Shouldn't you track an uptick in political violence from when the trend started? Perhaps even slightly before hand to get the original baseline?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hmmmmm.

I'm not sure your point... The Nazis put on their clown suits and march and normally have a permit to do so....One of Antifa tenants is to use violence if necessary to physically shutdown any speech they deem fascist, and that is exactly what they do.

As far as BLM and College Kids in Berkeley I see them more as anarchists than left or right...

You aren't sure of my point? Frankly, I doubt that.

You wanted to suggest that Nazis are present in small and insignificant numbers ... how about "ANTIFA"?

You were just complaining about leftists "shutting down roadways" above ... but now they're not leftists but anarchists?

Your arguments seem scattered ... feeling okay?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sounds like obfuscating data to me. Shouldn't you track an uptick in political violence from when the trend started? Perhaps even slightly before hand to get the original baseline?

Hmmm ... because a more significant data-set doesn't support the conclusion they want?

That'd be my guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That's the title of the opinion piece the OP is trying to discuss. Isn't that a rule?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hmmm ... because a more significant data-set doesn't support the conclusion they want?

That'd be my guess.

Funnily enough these are the same people who rail against statistical evidence because of how easy it is to misrepresent.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So you quote a Liberal rag on your rant about Conservatives.......go figure. I mean come the hell on now. I totally understand your screen name now. It fits.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That's the title of the opinion piece the OP is trying to discuss. Isn't that a rule?

No one made him post it though. Like Pence's stunt, could have just not played this silly game.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That'd be my guess.

Funnily enough these are the same people who rail against statistical evidence because of how easy it is to misrepresent.

Isn't that interesting? Also interesting is how many run from being characterized as Nazis and White Supremacists simply because of being a) Republican b) supporting Trumpism, I mean, particularly when Nazis and White Supremacists are clearly on record as being both.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

No one made him post it though. Like Pence's stunt, could have just not played this silly game.

You gave me some invaluable advice years ago: ignore stuff that upsets you.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
So you quote a Liberal rag on your rant about Conservatives.......go figure. I mean come the hell on now. I totally understand your screen name now. It fits.

Let's all remember your position on sources the next time you post from Breitbart, shall we?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join