It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives are the real campus thought police squashing academic freedom

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DonInHtown

WaPo is like reading Sorcha Fal on Before Its News.😂

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: watchitburn
I only care about this part of your text

But to what I think you're topic is more on, yes both sides tend to only be interested in free speech that they agree with.

Though the leftists have been much more violent in their attempts to limit speech over the past few years.

That is only because the right is better at highlighting and blowing each anecdote out of proportion than the left is. The left usually acknowledges such things then moves on with their day.

Not true. There are more triggered Liberal SJW videos on youtube than Conservative. the left doesn't move on at all. They are trying to impeach Trump. LOL

Lol. Youtube? First. Why didn't you post any video posting statistics for Youtube to back up this nonsense? Probably because you literally just made it up on the spot. Second. Who #ing cares about Youtube? Youtube is a confirmation bias seeker's wet dream. Find some better evidence than Youtube. All you prove with that site is your own biases.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I found this opinion article on WaPo...

Haha, you serious? WaPo? I find it hilarious that you're calling a Youtube video "propaganda" while using WaPo as a source. SMH.

My source links to other sources to back up its claims and was written by a respected academic. Youtube is just some idiot with a web cam and video editing software's opinion.

Anyway, you're absolutely wrong. The overly liberal (leftist) colleges are the ones quelling opposing ideas. Remember that one teacher, who corrected a black students spelling / grammar and was fired for it for being racist? I do. Remember when that one teacher who disagreed with a black student was accosted by his students where one proclaims, "You're not here to create a learning environment, but a safe environment!" and was subsequently fired from his position? I do.

So much info out there if you really want to take a look. But you won't, because that's not the point of this thread. You want to adhere to your narrow view and not deviate from the narrative.

Here, here's even TIME going against what you and your venerated WaPo has to say: time.com...

Where did I deny that the left does this too? How am I wrong that both sides are guilty? Do you deny that this guy received death threats for his words?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

My source links to other sources to back up its claims and was written by a respected academic.

Respected by...?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

My source links to other sources to back up its claims and was written by a respected academic.

Respected by...?

His academic peers.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I have no idea what you're getting at then.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Oh great. Academics being reviewed by the same class of intolerant academics. Sure, Go with that and it leads to the devils message.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So this author is complaining about backlash they received for being a racist and sexist?

Cry me a #ing river.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Want to get hate mail and death threats? Post controversial opinions to the Internet.

Want to get punched in the mouth? Get a soapbox and stand on a busy corner, yelling about controversial topics.

It's not the right or the left, feminists or gamers or cis white males who are the most guilty. Internet culture is toxic. I can get death threats by going to any forum and posting inflammatory material.

Race relations, gender relations, climate change, abortion, gun control, religion...
It's disingenuous to post about one of these topics in a public forum and then act surprised when people get irrationally angry with you.

You can't go to a party for fans of team x wearing a team y uniform and not expect trouble. If you do this and trouble ensues, you have not proven that the fans of team x are violent thugs. You have proven that you know how to provoke people.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PocketRevolution

Expectations are one thing. I absolutely expect there to be consequences for the words I say. That is a given. However, the debate these days is about how liberals shut down free speech on campus by preventing speakers from speaking. This OP highlights how the right shuts speakers down to. As such, if one wants to be non-biased in their analysis then they have to admit that both sides are guilty. If you are going to call one side out for inhibiting free speech, then call the other side out too when they do it. If you are going to allow one side to inhibit these speakers since the actions to do so aren't a first amendment violation then you should allow the other side to slide when they do similar things.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Academics are more trustworthy than some random on the internet like you or I. I also don't see a reason why this guy would be lying. You really just sound like you are reaching for reasons not to accept that the right is guilty of subverting free speech too.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid. You're following the wrong crowd. This is not a right/left argument.
edit on 12-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Go ahead and drink the Kool-Aid. You're following the wrong crowd. This is not a right/left argument.

Lol. If you even cared to read my words rationally, you'd know that I'm pitching the exact opposite of a right/left argument since I'm saying that both are equally guilty. Way to prove that you haven't been reading anything I've written.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Glad you are agree with me.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
More like you agree with me since I wrote the thread, not you.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sure, if that makes you feel better.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I find it irrelevant. I'd rather just discuss the OP topic like adults instead of worrying about petty crap like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I find it irrelevant. I'd rather just discuss the OP topic like adults instead of worrying about petty crap like that.

I addressed you like an adult. Would you rather I address you like a child?
edit on 12-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So this author is complaining about backlash they received for being a racist and sexist?

Cry me a #ing river.

How PC.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Addressing someone like an adult requires you to actually discuss the OP. Not these meta conversations about agreeing with each other and irrelevant one liners. So, let's go with this wording instead. If you have nothing more to say about the OP in your next post I won't respond to you anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join