It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives are the real campus thought police squashing academic freedom

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I must be getting slow minded but I just got the irony of all the complaints about the title and topic of the thread. People are offended by it so they're trying to control how issues are discussed, the language to be used through criticism and shame. The very thing dubbed PC which these campus free speech speakers claim is the destruction of civilization as we know it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Apparently I did not make it clear that I'm thoroughly disgusted with the behavior from both sides?

Did you notice this -

I'm saying that either side defending bad acts due to the bad acts of the other side is wrong minded. Both sides need to knock it off; it's dishonest.

Personally I've had my fill of both sides if that helps. I'm not partisan. Chewing the same old bubblegum from both sides has lost it's flavor long ago.

Where exactly did I say I'm OK with death threats from either side? I'm offended by transparent race baiters, but one has nothing to do with the other?

I'll spell it out then-

Race baiting is wrong, a product of hate and those engaging in it are bad people.
Threatening people is wrong, a product of hate and those engaging in it are bad people.

It is possible to be disgusted with both sides is it not?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This thread is nothing more then a baby cry fest, op I see that you use words like, I'm sick and tired of being attacked because of so an so, here is an idea, don't feed into it stop taking ATS so seriously, it's not the real world.

Feel better.
edit on 11-10-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai

I just copy and pasted the title of the article because that is the T&C, so stop pretending like you know my intentions.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Ok. Sorry. I misunderstood your last post then.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

RIGHT and the DNC is FAR superior in function and popularity, RIGHT?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: yuppa

An employer is bound by Federal and State law and by any employment agreement.

Employment at will is not indentured servitude.

Yeha i know,but your right to protest does not outweigh their right to a healthy working environment. outwardly showing disdain for your workplace or something within is grounds for dismissal. You sign a contract. you break th econtract by causing a scene. legally you are able to be fired.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Mandroid7

Then why did you even respond to the thread in the first place? Your opinion about my source is unnecessary, and if you didn't read it you are admitting ignorance of my thread topic. Clearly you don't need to be here.

Pot meet kettle.

Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
An opinion piece full of other peoples works. How nice.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Lol...this is laughable. The media left (and some very liberal posters on this board) are beginning to change their methodology of demonizing all things not left by taking on the appearance of a moderate view point by attempting to intentionally misinterpret the right in a light that is similar or the same as the left.

It's such bull shlt it is laughable. By the very nature of an individual who identifies as either left or right THEY CANNOT BE THE SAME. Which is precisely why someone identities as left or right.

Only a fool actually believes this reverse psychological bullshlt.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Lol...this is laughable. The media left (and some very liberal posters on this board) are beginning to change their methodology of demonizing all things not left by taking on the appearance of a moderate view point by attempting to intentionally misinterpret the right in a light that is similar or the same as the left.

It's such bull shlt it is laughable. By the very nature of an individual who identifies as either left or right THEY CANNOT BE THE SAME. Which is precisely why someone identities as left or right.

Only a fool actually believes this reverse psychological bullshlt.

Bravo! Not sure I can add to or top your post.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn
I only care about this part of your text

But to what I think you're topic is more on, yes both sides tend to only be interested in free speech that they agree with.

Though the leftists have been much more violent in their attempts to limit speech over the past few years.

That is only because the right is better at highlighting and blowing each anecdote out of proportion than the left is. The left usually acknowledges such things then moves on with their day.

Not true. There are more triggered Liberal SJW videos on youtube than Conservative. the left doesn't move on at all. They are trying to impeach Trump. LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

See. I would have agreed with you too before the recent election, but it really looks like internet warriors helped catapult Trump to the Presidency based on fake news implanted by Russia and professional fake trolls.

Russia, apparently, was playing both sides of the field with the US election, not just promoting Trump.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Are you replying to the right post? lol

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I found this opinion article on WaPo...

Haha, you serious? WaPo? I find it hilarious that you're calling a Youtube video "propaganda" while using WaPo as a source. SMH.

Anyway, you're absolutely wrong. The overly liberal (leftist) colleges are the ones quelling opposing ideas. Remember that one teacher, who corrected a black students spelling / grammar and was fired for it for being racist? I do. Remember when that one teacher who disagreed with a black student was accosted by his students where one proclaims, "You're not here to create a learning environment, but a safe environment!" and was subsequently fired from his position? I do.

So much info out there if you really want to take a look. But you won't, because that's not the point of this thread. You want to adhere to your narrow view and not deviate from the narrative.

Here, here's even TIME going against what you and your venerated WaPo has to say: time.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So how many conservative riots have prevented George Ciccariello-Maher from speaking at a university?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I can't read past Wapo as your source. They showed their colors leading up to the election. The whole staff is a bunch of overweight bleeding heart liberal femenists with a chip on their shoulders.

"with a chip on their shoulders"

Redundant. Remember, these were the kids in school that didn't fit in for whatever reason.
edit on 11-10-2017 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
WAPO is fake news. a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join