It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with people today?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting to me how rich people pretend to be poor around poor people.

Thats the Middle Class. They defend their turf like wild animals, they be NIMBY (Not In My Backyard) types.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Take a look at a few examples of common ageless bitters of "our time". We all seem to miss something.

"Lewd Wicked Children"
In 1695, Robert Russel wrote in A Little Book for Children and Youth (subtitled Being Good Counsel and Instructions for Your Children, Earnestly Exhorting Them to Resist the Temptation of the Devil...): ...

I find by sad Experience how the Towns and Streets are filled with lewd wicked Children, and many Children as they have played about the Streets have been heard to curse and swear and call one another Nick-names, and it would grieve ones Heart to hear what bawdy and filthy Communications proceeds from the Mouths of such...

"Dogs at Their Heels and Other Evidence of Dissolute Habits" In a speech to the House of Commons on February 28, 1843, Anthony Ashley Cooper, the 7th Earl of Shaftesbury, ranted: ...

a fearful multitude of untutored savages... [boys] with dogs at their heels and other evidence of dissolute habits...[girls who] drive coal-carts, ride astride upon horses, drink, swear, fight, smoke, whistle, and care for nobody...the morals of children are tenfold worse than formerly.

"A Lessening Sense for Both Duty and Discipline" In 1904, psychologist and educator Granville Stanley Hall published The Psychology of Adolescence, in which he warned that it was a dangerous time, particularly for young folk:

Never has youth been exposed to such dangers of both perversion and arrest as in our own land and day. Increasing urban life with its temptations, prematurities, sedentary occupations, and passive stimuli just when an active life is most needed, early emancipation and a lessening sense for both duty and discipline, the haste to know and do all befitting man's estate before its time, the mad rush for sudden wealth and the reckless fashions set by its gilded youth--all these lack some of the regulatives they still have in older lands with more conservative conditions.

"Corrupted the Morals of Many a Promising Youth" In the 1790 book Memoirs of the Bloomsgrove Family, Reverend Enos Hitchcock wrote,

The free access which many young people have to romances, novels, and plays has poisoned the mind and corrupted the morals of many a promising youth; and prevented others from improving their minds in useful knowledge. Parents take care to feed their children with wholesome diet; and yet how unconcerned about the provision for the mind, whether they are furnished with salutary food, or with trash, chaff, or poison?

mentalfloss.com...

edit on 10 10 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Where we went wrong is when we (as a society) started trusting government more than trusting ourselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You think I'm pretending?

We've had to scrap all or most of what we've tried to build up for retirement at least twice now. It looks "rich" now, but when we're too old to work and there's no Social Security, we'll know we're missing that.

Not so poor today translates into out on our butts as seniors so we're really only delaying.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not describing you.

I'm from a different perspective. Some people think freedom is having a house full of possessions, money, can go, do anything.

They better keep earning to pay bills, upkeep, tax, or lose it. They aren't really free in that sense. But don't go telling them that, they'll kill to defend their "freedom".

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Let me tell you, welcome to planet Earth. This issue is a global one. It's *shocked gasp* not just exclusive to the U.S.

In a way that kind of shows what is wrong. People not being able to see beyond their own little imaginary lines.
People wanting to see the world as it fits their narrative.

Been like that for humans since time began for them. Now we have masses of information being bombarded at us like never before in history and it is causing internal conflict. People are seeing the truth of the world, but it conflicts with a life time of brainwashing. (National pride, US vs. THEM, God is Real and watching you!!! etc etc)

People want to do the right thing, but in the confusion of life and reality they're just ballsing it up. I think a major cause is our tech is evolving faster than we humans are (I mean it's like expecting a tribal almost caveman race to just become civilized overnight as the more advanced invading species wants them to be despite said species having thousands of years of growing into their 'tech' advantage.)

We're in a time of nature Vs. nurture, common sense Vs. feelings, Logic Vs. My opinion. Computers Vs. Dark ages thinking.

This will either be the point where mankind makes a major advancement as a species and starts becoming a unified world without races, borders or sky fairy type nonsense, or it is the beginning of the end of the species.

The universe as a whole is a concept that is a 'bigger picture' than the average human being can process.
The stupidity we're seeing I feel is the human equivalent of the old TV and Film trope of "does not compute" logic bomb robot head explosion.

From my personal experience the average person cannot process anything beyond 2 meters in front of their face, yet these days of instant news the world is forcing them too and they do not know what to do. Not allowed to stick your head in the sand anymore, so the brains response is to twist reality to something they can process.

That's my take on it anyways.

edit on 11-10-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: edity stuff

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Whats wrong with people today? I have gotten to the point in my life that even turning on the TV , computer or radio is disappointing, with all the news and BS going on in this country on who is to blame or who can we blame, what wrong with these people today?

Nothing is wrong with people.

If you sense something is, then try looking within.

Something is wrong with how you perceive people and the world around you, not others.

Who is to blame for turning on the TV and radio?

Who turned them on?

You did.

However, like most this will most likely go way way way above your head.

Only a very few take responsibility for where they are and why they are there.

Others cannot see deep inside themselves to change their perception of the world and so they blame the world and everything in it that doesn't sit right with them.

They say people do stupid things, yes it may seem stupid when you perceive it from such a limited perception.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Something is wrong with how you perceive people and the world around you, not others.

I guess there's nothing wrong with how I perceive people or the world,(lived in 7 Country's) and I don't need to look a myself since I am at peace with myself and my way of life, but it is not a perception of the world or its people or a limited perception, its an observation on how we all have become a bunch of pacifist participant that need our trophy's for participation in ever aspect of our lives, kids now a days need a trophy for taking the garbage out, and it seems that everyone is pushing an agenda of one form or another, but let me ask you this, do you look your doors at night and if so why?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join