It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with people today?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I have gotten to the point in my life that even turning on the TV , computer or radio is disappointing, with all the news and BS going on in this country on who is to blame or who can we blame, what wrong with these people today?

Oh we offend people by saying Merry Christmas and displaying Christmas trees in airports, can’t call it Christmas vacation or Easter vacation, but winter break and spring break. (If you don’t like it don’t participate and go to work, we Americans have been celebrating it for about 229, don’t hear us crying about Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or any other holiday)

Americans are fat, let’s limit how much soft drinks they can have, and let’s make our kids starve at school with those bad lunches (What’s not bad for us, according to someone everything is bad for us, I will worry about that when I an dead)

Oh the poor illegal immigrants, the dreamers and the wall (and I bet that these same people lock their doors at night to keep people out, why lock your doors invite them in and take care of them, maybe they should look up the word “Illegal)

Social injustices, (Really this coming from rich athlete’s, maybe they should be out on the streets without any security trying to help those with social injustices instead of taking a knee, whiners, what part of if you break the law and get caught is social injustices)

Gun Control (Chicago has the toughest gun laws and it don't seem to be working for them, maybe everyone should take a course in gun safety first, its not about the guns its about the people that use them to break laws)

Health Care (Insurance companies and drug companies are the problem, I rather pay the doctor direct, if you want it get it, if you don’t it’s your choice, how much money did the Health Care industry make last year, let’s make it affordable and throw away the current health plan that was written by the Insurance companies)

Shared wealth (Get a job and earn your own money, working at McDonalds should not be a career unless you want to be a manager or owner, it’s a STARTER job, a part time job (Christmas shopping) but not a job to make a living of off)

Environmental issues (these are killing this country on anything and everything, putting business out of business, lets update them for today’s day and age and make them sensible, I laugh at those that want to protest any environmental issue especial when they fly in on their own private plane, a true environmental person that does something about it every day vs protesting and leaving garbage lying around hoping someone else will pick it up)

Tax reform( Scarp the darn thing, eliminate all the loop holes and deductions, and just use a tax bracket for money earned and have everyone pay their fair share, do it like a sales tax, there are no loop holes there, we all pay)

Blame game, its Bushes Fault, Obamas Fault, Trumps fault (It’s all those fools on the hill that have been there forever lining their own pockets to benefit themselves and the special interest groups, which include the major networks, social media)

I guess I will not be tuning in; I’m going to live my simple life

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Whats wrong with people today? page: 1

Alphabetical order or just off the top of my head?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Except you can't just live your own simple life because someone gets offended by it and then the government has to step in to show you how to live your own simple ... except then it isn't your own anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Nice of you to say the truth, but the ears of mankind now are being polluted by gmo foods, its all hopeless now. Russia has banned gmo foods. Just think about it, corn that can kill the worm, but does no bad effects on humans. Hmm, who's is doing the testing. The fish in the Mississippi River are all polluted due to the Nuclear Power plant in Cordova Ill. Its a fact, but no one is testing from the govt. Why because the plant is over 45 years old, Illegally operating according to the blue prints some 45 or 50 years ago. It sucks to be an honest person these days.;

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's hard to distill it down to something simple.

At the root of it, I think it's stupidity, or maybe better described as False Intelligence.

False Intelligence, it could explain a lot of things.

Morality is another issue, though I believe intelligence plays a role in morality to some degree.

Either way, we're boned.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Some are well off, living behind gates in affluent communities, nothing bad has ever happened to them. They just don't get how anything can be wrong with the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
People have always been the same. You just hear about every little awful thing they do now. Thanks to social media and 24/7 news.
edit on 10-10-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I guess we can all add our own pages to this but it makes one think about all the stupid stuff you see and hear today, back in my day the only stupid thing was sticking your tongue on a frozen pole to answer that double dare

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is what I mean GMO can be added to the list of things, are they good or bad, are we going to far or not far enough in studies, but this reminds me of my early years when they said Salmon, Trout, Chinook fish could not survive in the great lakes, or that splicing a branch of an orange tree with a lemon tree (or lime) will make a seed less orange

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Must be talking about Politicians, NFL, Hollywood ect

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They suck...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
a reply to: intrptr

Must be talking about Politicians, NFL, Hollywood ect

No. average middle class , picket fence, manicured lawn, paid for house with two car garage (and two cars)-- Americans.

They sleep in sleep number beds behind walls with doors with locks on them, have light switches on the walls, instant hot and cold running water, well stocked fridges and air conditioners.

They leave the house by their closed electric garage door stored auto, drive to underground parking, riding the elevator to their job, their feet never touching the ground outside their front door.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Nice of you to say the truth, but the ears of mankind now are being polluted by gmo foods,

Not to mention "RoundUp" which has found it's way into all of our foods (even organics.) Let's just see how safe we are with all the killer chems in our foods.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That's right Pops, and don't forget to tell those damn kids to stay off your lawn!!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I know right? They won't act like I want them to act. The arrogant SOBs. Don't they know who I am?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It kind of seems to me that everyone is trying to put an end to the culture wars.
Trying to create cohesion in a nation which has become too fragmented and weak.

Two major problems with that :

1 - Having problems agreeing on the collective system of values

2- The individualism habit of de-valuing or rejecting peer pressure, making the only limitations legal.
Americans are used to only respecting the legal limits, so in this effort to promote a shared culture, they tend to go straight to judicial actions. Morals and values shouldn't have to be made into law to be spread and respected.

The effort to promote these cultural values in other ways will probably be more effective as the Boomer and X-Generation die out. We're the rebels who can't easily stomach peer pressure. And we happen to be in our age of power now.
edit on 10-10-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It is simple. We have a culture war.

Everyone must do, say, and think like "this" or else and they will use the power of the State to enforce their views on everyone else.

Totalitarianism

Authoritarianism

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander

Shared wealth (Get a job and earn your own money, working at McDonalds should not be a career unless you want to be a manager or owner, it’s a STARTER job, a part time job (Christmas shopping) but not a job to make a living of off)

I'm not a fan of shared income, I work a 'real' job and genuinely enjoy it. I haven't been many places in the states but last time I was down there we drove across 4 states. In those states there were a lot of towns that consisted of nothing but a gas station, several fast food places and houses with nothing, no grocery stores no other businesses, for hundreds of miles in any direction. How can people that live in these places get a real job or honestly do anything meaningful? It really seemed like a lot of the country, that I saw anyway, was more like that than not?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Nothing. Humans are the same as they've ever been. We are a product of our environment.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well I was with you until you went into the right's playbook. If you want to know what's wrong look in the mirror. The divisive attitudes of people is what's wrong.

Oh, and I wish you an early Merry Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join