It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting new Vegas shooting detail emerges from Sheriff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That is interesting. It completely contradicts the story of the security guard stopping him but that in of itself doesn't surprise me given the tendency for the earliest reporting to be the least accurate.

So what was the security guard doing on that floor? Was he going to the shooter's room or just walking by?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Why are there no pictures of a hallway riddled with bullets?

They make it seem like a Scarface move. Well, where's the hallway with 200+ bullet holes everywhere?

Well, 59 people were killed and 500+ injured by someone shooting into the crowd below, so what point are you trying to make? That shooting 200 rounds into a hallway is too outlandish to have happened?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It said the guard was responding to an open door signal in another guests room.

Im curious if the "guard" was involved in some way..

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

There's no splintering at all around the edges. 5.56 might poke clean icepick holes in cheap-ass hollow core interior doors but not doors like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

originally posted by: RazorV66
Here is the picture of the doorway to the hotel room.
The left side door that is laying sideways was the side that was obviously breached by the police.
You can see a few bullet holes but there doesn't appear to be any on the right side door.
200 rounds fired?.....I doubt it.

Those holes are from incoming fire. When bullets travel through wood it typically splinters along the grain upon exit.

How can you tell if that is the interior or exterior of the door? It's off the hinges, you can't tell what side is facing the camera.
But if that's the case, who were they shooting at?
He was already dead when they got there supposedly or is that another story change by the cops?
I was listening to the scanner that night and heard the radio calls before and when they breached the door, they never said they were firing through the door to dispatch.
And the security guard that was shot in the leg was not armed supposedly.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I haven't listened to the entire scanner recording, but I don't recall anything being broadcast about it. I think if it were it would've come out already. I was just pondering as to why that would occur.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Mmmmmmmm i beg to differ, 5.56 is a very fast, very small round. I do belive it would not cause a great deal of splintering. Photo quality is too poor to really tell if there is any splintering, would you agree with that fact?
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago131010pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Why are there no pictures of a hallway riddled with bullets?

They make it seem like a Scarface move. Well, where's the hallway with 200+ bullet holes everywhere?

Well, 59 people were killed and 500+ injured by someone shooting into the crowd below, so what point are you trying to make? That shooting 200 rounds into a hallway is too outlandish to have happened?

Do you not read or speak English?

My point is what I typed. Where are the pictures of the bullet ridden hallway?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
So what was the security guard doing on that floor? Was he going to the shooter's room or just walking by?

According to the latest story, he was investigating an unrelated alarm when Paddock (or whoever was in the room) opened fire on him. He then immediately reported it to the police. 6 minutes later, Paddock opened fire on the crowd below.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I admit it's hard to make an alignment. Naturally there's a crime scene tape covering up where the doorknob would be. From this distance and this angle those holes were made by incoming fire. What side that incoming fire was on can't be determined from this pic. The contours on the doors do seem to match, indicating that the door lying on its side is facing outwards.

Not enough to make a definitive conclusion, but I'd be willing to bet that hotel door is going to be stored right next to Mt. Carmel's front doors. We'll never see it again.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Said the following in the big thread earlier today...

originally posted by: ausername
They completely changed the narrative today, they still have NO motive, not even an idea of motive this far in.

This rabbit hole just got really odd.

How can it flip from the security guard being shot at the end to before the beginning??

WTF

Mind blown!

Along with ANY shred of faith I had in the official timeline, story and "investigation"

Back to square one as far as I'm concerned. Back to anything being possible here now...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: netwarrior

Mmmmmmmm i beg to differ, 5.56 is a very fast, very small round. I do belive it would not cause a great deal of splintering. Photo quality is too poor to really tell if there is any splintering, would you agree with that fact?

I believe they are outgoing rounds.
If they are incoming rounds, who were they shooting at? The shooter was already dead on their arrival, so they say.
When I heard the radio call to dispatch from the team on the floor, the guy was whispering that they were ready to breach the door....they never said they fired rounds through the door.
They couldn't possibly know who or how many people were in that room, unless you got trigger happy cops, they didn't fire through the door.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yeah.

Friday the Undersheriff says "Campos" somehow stopped the shooter from continuing.

Today the Sheriff says "Campos" engaged the shooter before he started firing at the crowd.

1+1 = "Campos" does not exist.

Don't you dare take Campos the Hero away!

If the original story unravels like a
a straw cowboy hat
I will be reduced to utter feces

PLEASE LEAVE THE OS ALONE SO I CAN BE OK!!!

# 888
edit on 9-10-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I'm aware. I've shot quite a bit of it. 5.56 is very fast but very lightweight. Typically 55-62 grain. When you shoot anything substantial it is going to slow way down or be deflected. That's why .223/5.56 is a poor choice to hunt with in underbrush. The slightest twig will deflect your shot way off.

When you see a clean exit hole through wood it means that the bullet was still moving very very fast, cutting through the wood. Splintering happens when the bullet is moving slow enough to push the wood splinters out of the way, instead of cutting them cleanly. Entry holes look nearly identical unless the bullet is tumbling, or "keyholing."

5.56 does not have the weight behind it to punch clean holes in wood of any real construction. These were hotel doors, usually of sturdy enough construction to prevent merely pushing the suite doors open.

I do agree the picture is of poor quality but we should see at least one hole with some radial splintering. We see nothing, just a grouping of nicely punched holes.

That being said, all of this could be moot and that's the side that was facing Paddock. It just looks an awful lot like that's the outward facing side of the door.

Edit: now that I stare at it you still can't tell. Oh to be a little birdy on the wall of the LVMPD crime scene dept.
edit on 9-10-2017 by netwarrior because: added a thought

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

This is odd because there was nothing reported on the radio scanners about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he reported it to his security boss and they kept it in-house not realizing the full extent about what was to go on.

Or none of that happened. How many times are they going to change their story before we realize they are not telling us what actually happened?

All of the tools and resources they have at their disposal: they know what happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Need a timeline, ones set by non news and non official sources after the fact of course. I guess the main thread can help. Some of the main news timelines source Twitter, however as known, there's more social media besides the top two.

Wonder if there's any chat logs from some of the live feed of police scanners around?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Maybe it was a sick fetish.

The guy pretends to be a mass killer shooter, does it in full mock up, guns ammo the works. He panics when he sees a guard coming to his door when he has all of his fantasy toys out so he sprays him then does the real thing he has been practicing/fantasy role playing for years. In this scenario if the guard never walks down that hall, he packs up his goodies and leaves the hotel in the morning and starts planning for his next fantasy location.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I just need to state this one more time! What the fuuuuudge is going on! Im so pissed off! Why the sudden change in the story it changes the whole damn scenario....

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: theantediluvian

It said the guard was responding to an open door signal in another guests room.

Im curious if the "guard" was involved in some way..

This "open door alarm" has bugged me. Why in the hell would there be an open door alarm? Do alarms go off every time a guest leaves or enters their room? Or stairway doors? An "open door alarm" in a hotel? What the hell is that?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Apparently the police knew where Paddock was the whole time.

That just fits the whole theory that these things don't happen unless they are allowed to happen. Intel(police, feds, etc.) must have known, and if they did, wanted him to act to catch him in the act. If so, they may have underestimated him.

Maybe tip offs from(claimed prostitutes, someone he shot with before the event, etc.) that he was going to just shoot up the fuel tanks to kill people instead of just using rounds. Knowing his lack of knowledge(asking advice for gun parts), ammo and guns, wouldn't penetrate the tanks, weren't so concerned about him succeeding.

Another quote from source:

Lombardo confirmed that Paddock had also shot at two aviation fuel tanks roughly 2,000 feet away from his hotel room, apparently in an effort to divert attention away from his shooting at the large crowd of people.

How do they know the above for sure, the trajectory note?

edit on 10-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: they*, ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join