It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Nuclear Mysteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Here are five nuclear mysteries that have no explanations.

I think at least one of these has been covered here. I remember seeing threads about the nuclear sniffer planes detecting the radioactive iodine, and speculation about what could have caused it not so long ago.

I also know we've had threads about stolen or missing nuclear materials in various places over the years. It's a bit chilling to realize how many incidents there are and just how rare it is for that stuff to be recovered, or at least reported as recovered.

The drones over the French nuke plants is also a bit scary considering everything going on in Europe right now, especially if it's true that France has poured so much into anti-drone technology.

And the one on Nixon ... wow! One wonders if Kissinger will take that secret to his grave or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Vela incident is generally agreed to be an Israeli nuclear test. Israel has a policy of "Nuclear ambiguity", officially neither confirming nor denying it has nuclear weapons. But everyone knows Israel is nuclear-armed, and that means Israel must have conducted at least one test. Vela fits the bill, and the telling thing is that the US never really investigated it - almost as if they knew who was responsible and didn't want to make a fuss.

The Nixon incident is odd. He was known to get smashed and issue weird orders in the middle of the night. That's not a secret, and Kissinger has spoken about several such incidents. If the October 1969 alert wasn't one of those drunken outbursts then I wonder what Kissinger might be hiding. Will look into this.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

My first thought was that if current POTUS does something similarly screwy, we do know there is precedent for it.

Not that that's terribly comforting ...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

#2 is that aerogel material that the Pentagon took over the work of an inventor? I always forget it's name. It's feather weight but very heat disapating.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I can't watch right now but is this a video by Dark5? They have some really interesting videos on their channel. I haven't checked for updates in the chaos of the past few months. Sorry to go off topic, just curious because if it is, I'll be sure to watch as soon as I have a free few minutes.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

It is, but I'm not sure how recent it is. I just happened to see it float across my feed earlier and watched it and thought it might make some interesting, not political light conversation.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Magnivea
watched it and thought it might make some interesting, not political light conversation.

Good call.

I've read in a few of the more.... "Overlooked" and probably "unsavory" places online that the French reactor drones had more than a few ties to Brussels and some of their more unpopular tactics for preventing various things happening in the EU, if you know what I'm saying (wink wink nudge nudge).

I'll see if I can dig up some of the discussions and sites in a format everyone can get to that won't result in an instaban for me.

But anyway, good post. I now need to look into the Antarctic explosion. Immediately made me think of admiral Byrd.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

It's also possible that the US tested one of the Cores/designs for Israel (similar to the US-UK relationship during during designs of Nukes), Vela may not of been a nuclear test (many mysteries surrounding it), it would make sense considering how closely they are partnered, may be the reason they are so confident of their stockpile.

I'm still on the fence with the Vela incident.
edit on 10-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Vela sounds like a Bolide ablating in the upper atmosphere. Significantly, there was a double flash, like burn up on reentry and they didn't recover any airborne rads. IOW, non nuclear.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Starlite if i remember correctly.
edit on 10-10-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: pavil

Starlite if i remember correctly.

That's it thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Vela sounds like a Bolide ablating in the upper atmosphere. Significantly, there was a double flash, like burn up on reentry and they didn't recover any airborne rads. IOW, non nuclear.

Doesn't explain the fissionable materials detected in Australia. I thought it was a joint Israel/South Africa test.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: intrptr

Doesn't explain the fissionable materials detected in Australia. I thought it was a joint Israel/South Africa test.

Finding 'fissile material' doesn't mean anything.

Australia had nukes tested on their soil by the British.

Heres the thing about detecting nuke tests. Each and every bomb detonated has specific isotope trail leading back to the Origin. Every single isotope ever produced has an atomic fingerprint. They would know what the 'fissile' material they found was from.

But left it hanging to bolster their claim for mass consumption .

On the other hand a double flash in the upper atmosphere is easily explained by a meteor entering and burning up.

Further, all these 'mysteries' deflect from the real truth about Industrial nuclear madness on this planet.

edit on 10-10-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That one us underscored by all the times nuclear material is stolen and goes unrecovered.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That one us underscored by all the times nuclear material is stolen and goes unrecovered.

About 'stolen material'.

I remember reading somewhere that undetermined amounts of fuel residue from the manufacturing process got 'buried' along with the manufacturing equipment in the process of waste 'removal and storage'.

Like when you bake a cake and clean up all the spilt flour and dough from the mixing bowls, washing it down the drain.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yeah, they recovered it from the ventilation filters, the workers clothes, the walls, pretty much everything in the plant was covered in the fissile material - it accounted for the missing fissile material.

Those plants had pretty damn lax safety, even more so in the early years of Nuke making, but it didn't get much better all the way up into the 90s.
edit on 10-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

Yeah, they recovered it from the ventilation filters, the workers clothes, the walls, pretty much everything in the plant was covered in the fissile material - it accounted for the missing fissile material.

Those plants had pretty damn lax safety, even more so in the early years of Nuke making, but it didn't get much better all the way up into the 90s.

Highly toxic, very complex process making bombs. Involves lots of byproducts and waste. No wonder much of it is listed as 'missing'. People have no idea the 'legacy' being left behind for posterity.

Later, Fernald extracted uranium from scrap metal or recycled material (i.e., floor sweepings, dust collector and production residues) received from on-site operations and other nuclear weapons complex sites.

Incoming material was weighed, sampled, dried, ground and classified using crushers, mills and samplers in Plant 1, and then drummed and transported to Plants 2&3, where the material was converted to uranium trioxide. Initially, the material was dissolved in nitric acid to produce a crude uranyl nitrate (UNH) solution for solvent extraction purification. Purified UNH was then concentrated by evaporation and thermally denitrated to uranium trioxide, called orange oxide. The orange oxide was either shipped to the gaseous diffusion plant in Paducah, Ky., or was transported to Plant 4, where it was converted to uranium tetrafluoride, called green salt, for reduction to metal.

link

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One theory on Vela incident was that it was the Israelies testing nuclear bombs near the Bouvet Islands, which is a Norwegian island. Norway and Israel has always been close and they were especially close back then, for example, it is a known fact that Norway supplied Israel with heavy water for their nuclear plants since the 1960's. Finally, although Israel has never admitted it, it's likely that Israel has nuclear weapons today and they must have tested them somewhere.

-MM
edit on 10-10-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well the Antarctic blast was obviously the final result of the Nazi secret base down there. That was sarcasm by the way.
The missing materials are another thing. I think what they are referring to is the already weaponised ordinance that disappeared when the USSR "transferred" into friendly Russia and its satellite nations. There were some instances of USSR military just walking away from nuclear installations leaving them intact with weapons.
The iodine over Europe could be part of the aftermath from Chernobyl. People in the UK lived in fairyland when that happened. ie. Welsh lamb was banned for a time because the fallout was landing on the Welsh hills. Of course the fallout had to travel over England to get to Wales yet "oh, it didn't drop on England". Yeah, I believed that.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There are still areas in the Highlands of Scotland where no animals are allowed to be eaten for human consumption , a man from the Government turns up and pays top price no questions asked and throws the sheep /venison on a lorry and drives away , heard this from friends who are farmers /crofters

new topics

top topics

join