It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh noes! NFL Players Are Now 'Scared' To Take a Knee, 'People Have to Feed They Family'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: FHomerK

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

The whole thing is racist. It is based on racism. I personally am SICK of people who don't allow others to call it as they see it, or hear it. The black culture in America DOES talk that way. Deal with it. It doesn't bother them, are we supposed to pretend they don't talk that way?

Pull up your big girl panties and accept the fact that this is a culturally acceptable way for them to talk. If it was making fun of hillbillies in Appalachia, you wouldn't have made a peep about it.

Besides, many of dem got a lotta baby mommas to pay every month.

Funny how racism wasn't brought up until you did it, so you KNOW it's truth. The OP dindu nuffin but call it like he see it, yo.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
When white supremacists rally, you """don't""" support their message but you'll defend their right to say it, and to be frank, there are "good" people on "both" sides. Then a black person kneels..., how dare they, anyway they're just a bunch of dumb jocks!?

Do you oppose taking down the confederate statues? Then you are honoring the memory of literal traitors, but you have no room to tollerate this innocuous protest.

In North Korea, an individual might be put to death over an insufficient display of patriotism. Do you want to start doing the same here?
edit on 11-10-2017 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You clearly dont know anything about being a professional athlete.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

Hahaha. Is racist to quote somebody? Or... is it racist to speak another language? Because contrary to what many believe BEV is a distinct language language of its own full of grammar and syntax rules. It's more than a simple dialect of the English language. I've been trying to learn Mexican spanish... Am I racist? I also use Mexican dlang sometimes at work. Am I racist for doing so?

Haha. Yikes.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
If they are willing to take a 50k fine to wiggling their ass one too many times in the end zone, I'm sure they can do the same for kneeling if it is so important to them.

How many $50k fines for wiggling asses have been given out? I'll wait.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

You clearly dont know anything about being a professional athlete.

As much as you clearly and apparently cannot recognize sarcasm, you also clearly are missing the point of this thread.

What's next? Are you going to accuse me of not knowing anything about animal husbandry? Or exo-biology?

Those two have as much to do with the actual nature of this thread as being a professional athlete.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

No matter how much you want to falsely pretend otherwise, these players aren't experiencing reprisal from the government. That's all the first amendment protects you against. You're either grossly uninformed or you're straight up being dishonest. Don't spread lies. Their 1st amendment rights are intact. Their employer is now telling them to stand, which he is well within his rights to do. The only reprisal they've been facing is from fans and advertisers.

Just don't spread lies, ok? Can you please do that? I realize honesty makes it hard to push your false narrative, but it would be nice if you could be honest about this issue. Thanks.
edit on 11 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

It's only racist if he's white... right?

You do realize that people STILL talk like that today and this isn't the 30s 40s 50s...

Hell.. My Cajun culture has people who speak the same way and we're WHITE.

Maybe you're just from the northern states and don't know any better. For that you may be forgiven. I mean, it's not your fault where you were born, huh?

Look at the OP's ATS page. You can see that he is a trump supporter and based on his threads most definitely not black!!! Nor from the south!!! So My post stands!!

It most certainly not stand. Did you bother to open the source in the OP? The title was pulled directly from the source but you should already know that because someone told you that right away. So... The title of the OP wasn't even from the person you're attacking for being a racist.

I also have to add... I forgot to earlier...

It doesn't matter where he's from. That's going pretty deep to accuse a person. That's borderline stalker creepy. He would have to be racist against blacks AND whites because like I said... You don't have to be black to speak like that. It's not uncommon where I'm from with white people and black people.

Using actual words to describe how we speak doesn't offend me nor is it racist. Making fun of the way we speak is a slap in the face but still NOT RACIST.

edit on 11-10-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

'People Have to Feed They (sic) Family'

The NFL is the most lucrative pro sports league in the world, but its players are dead last among the four major American professional sports in average salary.

On average, NBA players make $5.15 million, MLB players make $3.2 million, NHL players make $2.4 million, and NFL PLAYERS MAKE $1.9 MILLION PER YEAR, according to Forbes.

Source

Hell, if one can't feed their family on $1.9 million* per year they need to stop using drugs and or alcohol, especially snorting coc aine off hookers butt checks, and drive a Camary instead of a Lamborghini.....

* and remember, if you earn let's say $100,000 per year you'd only have to work 19 years to earn what that "overgrown / overpaid "man"child" (as per FHomerK's apt naming of some players) earns in 1 year.....
edit on 11-10-2017 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So Trump hasn't tried to put the NFL in a negative light or tell the players what to do? That is reprisal.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
When white supremacists rally, you """don't""" support their message but you'll defend their right to say it, and to be frank, there are "good" people on "both" sides. Then a black person kneels..., how dare they, anyway they're just a bunch of dumb jocks!?

Do you oppose taking down the confederate statues? Then you are honoring the memory of literal traitors, but you have no room to tollerate this innocuous protest.

In North Korea, an individual might be put to death over an insufficient display of patriotism. Do you want to start doing the same here?

You forgot the kitchen sink, slavery, and Hitler in your post. Everything else was thrown in just as I expected. White supremacy. Confederate. Traitor. Innocuous protest. North Korea.

Oh yeah, you also forgot to somehow insult Trump. It takes a while to remember all the proper bullet points to deflect from a legitimate observation of over-paid ball handlers giving America the finger.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I heard everyone opposite as players are scared not to a side in the Raiders not blocking for Thier QB who got back broken. I suppose this is speculation.

Source: youtube

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather
I heard everyone opposite as players are scared not to a side in the Raiders not blocking for Thier QB who got back broken. I suppose this is speculation.

Source: youtube

I heard that too, although as I am not a sports fan I did not see it. If I were their boss, and discovered it was true.... I'd fire them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

It's the law,uscode.house.gov...) BUT you gotta READ stuff OUTSIDE the cell phone and you must know the foreign language of law.THEY we born here, IT DID happen and our history MUST be preserved before the DEMS try it again.
ACCEPT for California.
I 'M RAIDING that bitch when it isn't under my Constitution.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

originally posted by: Xtrozero
If they are willing to take a 50k fine to wiggling their ass one too many times in the end zone, I'm sure they can do the same for kneeling if it is so important to them.

How many $50k fines for wiggling asses have been given out? I'll wait.

Antonio Brown draws a ridiculously large fine for his latest end-zone twerk

How about twerking..better?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Way to mislead people. Can you make one honest post? He said he thinks they should stand. Presidents have given their opinion on issues like this for decades. That's not reprisal.

Dude, enough with the lies ok?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Aazadan

Way to mislead people. Can you make one honest post? He said he thinks they should stand. Presidents have given their opinion on issues like this for decades. That's not reprisal.

Dude, enough with the lies ok?

Threatening to change tax laws to punish them is reprisal.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Scared? How about just do what you're told by the men and women who employ you. Not much scary in that.

Pretty simple.

edit on 2037Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Scared? How about just do what you're told by the men and women who employ you. Not much scary in that.

Pretty simple.

I'm really pretty sure (or I hope I am) that you're directing that at the players, and not at myself

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

The aftermath of the NFL national anthem protest has not been good for the football league. Disgruntled fans, low ratings, and very public fights have lowered the public opinion of the NFL to record lows. Now the owners in the league are attempting to take control. Multiple reports from teams across the league indicate that team owners and management are cracking down on anthem protesters. The Miami Dolphins head coach has ordered his team to stand, according to IJR reporting.......

Link to Article

Yeah, so sorry. I just do not feel any sympathy for these overgrown / overpaid "man"children who behave like they likely are roided out of their own consciousness. In fact, I thoroughly dislike 99.9% of sports.

So, there. We now have my own fair disclosure!

To put it simply, I was fired a few years ago from an oil related (heavily so) industry for making a joking comment about Dick Cheney at a "casual" employee event.

GUESS what that means, kids.... I learned a very painful lesson.

Those who have the gold, make the rules. There is no wrong or right to it. Free speech is NOT available on an employers dime. As we are now seeing, even ESPN has employee standards for social media, that they were made fully aware of upon accepting the terms of employment.

This, kids, is life. Get used to it. Does it suck that you cannot do what you wish at all times? Yes. Do these "sportsmen" make a hyper inflated amount of money for being modern day gladiators, but without weapons and yet kevlar armor and helmets? Yes. Does that hyper inflated salary come with conditions? OF COURSE IT DOES...stupid idiots. This, IS LIFE. Life is not a kumbaya session while tripping on ecstasy. Life, actually sucks.

Yepp, you've got it. I have no empathy for these children. Non whatsoever. Just as much as I have zero empathy for Harvey Weinstein and his masturbatory requirements that involved inappropriate behavior. So sad, but I don't care. Nor will I shed a single tear.

But then, here we have the really funny part... I truly spit out my beer while laughing at this....

It seems, in this battle, Trump has indeed won.

Oh, darn fooey. You burnt the muffins. Grow up kids. Money is our religion.

And if you want a 7 figure salary...well, you need to suckle at the teat (or worse) of "The Man".

Your employer. Because your employer, has the gold. And your employer, makes the rules that you agreed to.

See ya!!!!

I can't be the only one here that wants to know what was the comment?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join