It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh noes! NFL Players Are Now 'Scared' To Take a Knee, 'People Have to Feed They Family'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: FHomerK

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

The only thing racist is you assuming that only black people talk like that.

So you are honestly telling me, that the OP was not pretending to be a black football player. Wow, give me a break. I will look up the OP right now and get back to you people.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

It's only racist if he's white... right?

You do realize that people STILL talk like that today and this isn't the 30s 40s 50s...

Hell.. My Cajun culture has people who speak the same way and we're WHITE.

Maybe you're just from the northern states and don't know any better. For that you may be forgiven. I mean, it's not your fault where you were born, huh?

Look at the OP's ATS page. You can see that he is a trump supporter and based on his threads most definitely not black!!! Nor from the south!!! So My post stands!!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Jesus, you can be fired in America for making a joke at a social?

Do you guys not have like, any employee protection laws at all?!?

Nope. In many states you can be fired by your employer at any time, for any reason. Employers in most jobs have a massive amount of power over their employees.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
...And I do love good Saltines with a dab of Jif every now and then. Whats wrong with that ? Not as good as my watercress sandwich...

Oh, mercy, that is some good eatin though I'd rather eat a mater sanich sittin rightchere on my front porch.

J

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The only thing racist is you assuming that only black people talk like that.

So you are honestly telling me, that the OP was not pretending to be a black football player. Wow, give me a break. I will look up the OP right now and get back to you people.

Since every thing but "Oh noes" is the source title, how is the OP being racist?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I thought it was Lol Cat talk.

Apparently, it is an obscure reverence to black face from at least 60 some years ago that has been, correctly, culturally forgotten.

Silly me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Or they could just not protest at work. Ya know, somehow I doubt my employer would just stand by while I brought politics into the work place.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Metallicus

Or they could just not protest at work. Ya know, somehow I doubt my employer would just stand by while I brought politics into the work place.

So is your problem really with the protest or with the fact that their job allows them greater freedoms than yours?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Great post, and I can't say that I didn't see this coming. It was only a matter of time before the PR department talked to Goodell who then probably spoke to the owners and made some 'strong recommendations' to them about their players' conduct.

By the time that this season is over, I bet that all players and staff will be standing, and those who are not are suspended because of their desire to put personal protest above that of their employers reasonable demands.

I generally don't care what the athletes do concerning their personal protests (barring anything illegal), but I'm a huge advocate of employers having a say as to the conduct of their employees while on the clock, especially on such a national stage.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'd prefer not to have politics mixed with my entertainment, but since this turned into a left vs. right thing, I'm glad the right side is winning, if for no other reason than to trigger the left. Childish? Perhaps. Satisfying? yup.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: FHomerK

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: 3daysgone

And, it didn't make sense to me, but hey..... you do your thing

Which part didn't make sense to you?

Hey, maybe I'm not that bright. Does anyone else here understand what 3daysgone meant? Can you explain it to me, like I'm five?

I understood it.

See, your title uses words that were apparently used in the past to typify black people. But we know that not only black people speak like that, I mean, just watch Swamp People..

"Herby derby dat durr a goodun', dey gon make me a loada moaney."
*subtitled to*
"By jove that crocodile surely is a fine specimen. I believe I shall be paid handsomely for capturing it."

So while the poster 3daysgone was replying to was accusing YOU of being racist for using a typically racist manner of speaking in your OP, 3daysgone was stating that it was the poster themselves who were being racist by assuming that it is only black people speak like that.

I don't speak 5 year old. Just illiterate afternoon wine. Sorry about that.

And if you ask me, I was completely confused by the poster 3daysgone responded to, also... thought he may have posted a reply in the wrong thread....

Thanks mate, the elevation of Denver had me a little high in the air last night

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So regarding the OP - your premise is based on "your boss can tell you what to do," but.. the NFL never did this. When this first reared its head, they had to make a decision. They decided to allow it. Also the attitude of the players being crybabies is your obviously skewed view. The players see their position as a means to get a message out. Do you really think they are bemoaning their own fate.. that one time when a police officer eyed them funny on the street corner?

The NFL is only now making a deal of it.. because Trump made a big deal of it. And you are sorely mistaken if you think Trump is being a nationalistic hero. He is doing it because very specifically, the NFL has "wronged him" in the past. Now he wants revenge. That is the only reason he is doing this.

NFL players are frickin' drama queen attention whores.

It's a spectator event, not a sport.

Some are. Many aren't. It's a sport.. not sure why you say it isn't. They are by and large, superb athletes, playing a game that obviously make a lot of money, and the fans enjoy. The bias in this thread is palpable. "I don't like sports so athletes are overpaid crybabies!"

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Your entire OP is a projection of your own reality — it is based on the bubble you live in just like my comments reflect my own reality tunnel. For instance:

This, kids, is life. Get used to it. Does it suck that you cannot do what you wish at all times? Yes.

No.

This why being your own boss and financially independent is paramount for some people. We do not have to be daily commuters, bound, cuckholded, or submissive to anyone because we need a pay-cheque. We play by our own rules most of the times and do not conform to the dictates of society.

Therefore, I do not have to *get used to anything* and I do what I wish MOST of the time. In fact, I do what I want all of the time. I don't care about consequences. If I want to go from point A to point Z — I will do it.

Yeah, so sorry. I just do not feel any sympathy for these overgrown / overpaid "man"children...

Fair enough. I'm 29 years old and retired. I especially do not feel any sympathy for people way older than me, whose family are generations old within a country, who still have to daily commute their existence away with nothing to show for it, yet come on social media acting like they have societal S# all figured out despite not having the basics down in their own private affairs. Their priorities are F# up.

In fact, I thoroughly dislike 99.9% of sports.

In fact, I've been sh##ing on older people since my early 20's. Nothing personal against you. I just lack patience with older snowflakes who constantly miss the mark. That is my own fair disclosure...

...overpaid "man"children who behave like they likely are roided out of their own consciousness.

They are kneeling to bring attention and awareness to social injustice for ALL disenfranchised people. If that is not being *conscious* individuals than what is...?

Don't allow the deflection of this being about the anthem and flag distract you from what this kneeling was *truly* always all about. Don't allow your consent to become engineered — do not fall victim and get worked up over false narratives.

To put it simply, I was fired a few years ago from an oil related (heavily so) industry for making a joking comment about Dick Cheney at a "casual" employee event.

Was that the official reason for termination listed on your dismissal form...? If so, you should of been in contact with a labour lawyer and not gone out so meekly.

Those who have the gold, make the rules. There is no wrong or right to it.

That is sometimes true. However, there IS indeed a right and wrong to it. Again, you live in a capitalistic society with a population of over 330 million people: there is no excuse for any intelligent grown adult to not be *capitalizing* on such a huge market unless, of course, you haven't truly learnt the rules as of yet.

Free speech is NOT available on an employers dime. As we are now seeing, even ESPN has employee standards for social media, that they were made fully aware of upon accepting the terms of employment.

So, basically, what you are stating is: the American Constitution is full of S# no matter what anybody says.

Do these "sportsmen" make a hyper inflated amount of money for being modern day gladiators, but without weapons and yet kevlar armor and helmets?

What's wrong with making *hyper inflated amounts of money* because of working hard, following your dreams and always believing in yourself?

Does that mean they are not allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment rights on behalf of those who are disenfranchised?

Does that hyper inflated salary come with conditions? OF COURSE IT DOES...stupid idiots.

You admit to being fired for the most stupid of reasons and seemed to accept it *meekly*. Therefore, based on your information: level of income seems to have no bearing on whether or not there are conditions.

Again, personally speaking: the only *stupid idiots* I see are the ones who daily commute their existence away within a capitalistic society with nothing much to show for their efforts.

This, IS LIFE. Life is not a kumbaya session while tripping on ecstasy. Life, actually sucks.

You and I obviously live two very distinct and different lives. Again, I can only speak for MYSELF. You have a lot of gall to project your reality onto others in your OP as if we all walked the same path in life.

Oh, darn fooey. You burnt the muffins. Grow up kids. Money is our religion.

Money is religion only for those who have never turned down a raise and have become submissive and forsake their integrity for the almighty dollar. Some of us use it as a tool and sometimes even WASTE it because it means NOTHING to us and there more where it came from since the entire western civilization is one big money tree. It's just some people do not know how to harvest it for some odd reason.

And if you want a 7 figure salary...well, you need to suckle at the teat (or worse) of "The Man".

Seven figure salary? Bruh, learn to dream bigger. Also, you can always choose to *be the man* instead.

Your employer. Because your employer, has the gold. And your employer, makes the rules that you agreed to.

True. I suppose the lesson here is: don't become an employee.

Btw, I purposely worded my comment arrogantly. I figured if you can do so and project your reality onto others in such a way, I can do the same. Right, *kid*?

edit on 10-10-2017 by Involutionist because: ...my grammar & punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Money.... it's the NEW Heysus!!!

Time to kneel, suckle, and have your hair parted in the middle

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maaaaan I got pigs to feed.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I've got a six pack of beer waiting for you for when you wake up from that deep, deep sleep you're in.

Seeya then!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

There there little purple penguin, never mind the meanies.

haha had to, emotional platypus triggered me. They're the coldest meanest little monotremes to ever pretend to be a duck with a two headed penis and poisonous leg barbs.

Hey buddy, something told me you would laugh

Because the situation is so profoundly stupid, if you're not laughing, you really should be crying.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Boo hoo! They are overpaid entertainers. Let them protest on their own time, and stop using their place of employment as a stage. No one else gets to act like that at work; why should they?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So, there was this chicken that crossed the road.....

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Here's a real perty tune for ya

"If you don't love it, leave it!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join