It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh noes! NFL Players Are Now 'Scared' To Take a Knee, 'People Have to Feed They Family'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The National Anthem is a crappy tune.
I love my country, but can't we have a tune that doesn't suck.
There. I said it.
Rick Astley would be better.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK
Shame on you . You are getting me close to a humorous mood....
I can give a personal guarantee to you , my ancestors did not own slaves.
And I do love good Saltines with a dab of Jif every now and then. Whats wrong with that ? Not as good as my watercress sandwich , but . But nothing comes close to Sassafrass tea . Nothing.
Peace to you and I feel we have moved off-topic

edit on 10/10/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If they take a knee , sack the mother #ers , easy .

Don't play into there hands when there taking the piss .

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Boo hoo! They are overpaid entertainers. Let them protest on their own time, and stop using their place of employment as a stage. No one else gets to act like that at work; why should they?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

Better check YT, or many other sources. I hear people talking like this all the time. In person, too. Racist? Hardly!!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
American football isn't a real sport, its an excuse for drugged up idiots dressed in full riot gear to dance and sit around for 4 hours.

If I wanted to watch that, I would watch Rugby, where the sportsmen are much less moronic, not paid as much, little to no protective gear and get the job done in 80 minutes and dont have to break every 30 seconds for 4 minutes because the ball touched the floor.

That little rant aside, the NFL, by stopping people from taking a knee will lose all of its far left viewers now, you know, the ones who have only watched since the first protest and only for the N.A. then turn off, click at their fellow gender fluid non binary soap dispensers (I dont know ok?!) in glee saying "oh yeah, Trump is crying now, we have won! only a few days before that blah blah blah *white noise*" before sniffing their own farts then leave to protest McDonalds or something because an employee used the wrong pronoun and its against their civil rights to not be referred to as xim/xer/tw@

Rant 2 over.

I had a point... but it kinda got lost on me...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: 3daysgone

And, it didn't make sense to me, but hey..... you do your thing

Which part didn't make sense to you?

Hey, maybe I'm not that bright. Does anyone else here understand what 3daysgone meant? Can you explain it to me, like I'm five?

I understood it.

See, your title uses words that were apparently used in the past to typify black people. But we know that not only black people speak like that, I mean, just watch Swamp People..

"Herby derby dat durr a goodun', dey gon make me a loada moaney."
*subtitled to*
"By jove that crocodile surely is a fine specimen. I believe I shall be paid handsomely for capturing it."

So while the poster 3daysgone was replying to was accusing YOU of being racist for using a typically racist manner of speaking in your OP, 3daysgone was stating that it was the poster themselves who were being racist by assuming that it is only black people speak like that.

I don't speak 5 year old. Just illiterate afternoon wine. Sorry about that.

And if you ask me, I was completely confused by the poster 3daysgone responded to, also... thought he may have posted a reply in the wrong thread....

edit on 10/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What does the anthem have to do with football?
Or baseball? Or basketball? Or hockey?
Is it really that important to these events anyway?

edit on 10-10-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

There there little purple penguin, never mind the meanies.

haha had to, emotional platypus triggered me. They're the coldest meanest little monotremes to ever pretend to be a duck with a two headed penis and poisonous leg barbs.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

See, your title uses words that were apparently used in the past to typify black people. But we know that not only black people speak like that, I mean, just watch Swamp People..

"Herby derby dat durr a goodun', dey gon make me a loada moaney."
*subtitled to*
"By jove that crocodile surely is a fine specimen. I believe I shall be paid handsomely for capturing it."

So while the poster 3daysgone was replying to was accusing YOU of being racist for using a typically racist manner of speaking in your OP, 3daysgone was stating that it was the poster themselves who were being racist by assuming that it is only black people speak like that.

I don't speak 5 year old. Just illiterate afternoon wine. Sorry about that.

Hey now... Now you're just making fun of us. herby derby? getting the point across and making fun of the way 'my people' speak are two different things. I wouldn't say crap like that if you ever visit Louisiana. You'd get busted up pretty quick and rightfully so.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
What does the anthem have to do with football?
Or baseball? Or basketball? Or hockey?
Is it really that important to these events anyway?

Why don't they call it hockey puck? Every other sport is self explanatory. Foot Ball. Base Ball.. But not hockey... we're left wondering just what they're going to do.

PS: what does the anthem have to do with anything, really? If you're being so concerned. Perhaps it's a sign of national pride. Nothing to do with a sport, just a good thing to embrace... unless you hate the country you were either born in, or opted to reside within.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Hey now... Now you're just making fun of us. herby derby? getting the point across and making fun of the way 'my people' speak are two different things. I wouldn't say crap like that if you ever visit Louisiana. You'd get busted up pretty quick and rightfully so.

Haha, I'd do it though. I do it to people here with indecipherable accents.

So far no bust ups..

My ex found a new bloke in MO who sounded like someone was starting a broken lawn mower... don't blame me ! lol
edit on 10/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Why don't they call it hockey puck?

Because only ice hockey is played with a puck.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Call me what you want, but the wording in your heading is down right racist. I am not joking or kidding. In fact it dates back to how Black Face were made to talk. See Charlie Chang movies.........In the 30s 40s 50s.....Have a nice day!

If you mean Charlie Chan movies... they were brilliant. Loved watching them as a kid.
I was pleased to find them on youtube after your prompt. I am going to watch one!

edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
They "take a knee" for the exceedingly rare instance of a cop shooting an innocent black man, but not a damn word from these tools about the much, much, MUCH more common slaughter of black men by other black men.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What's even funnier is, everyone thinks the original instigator deserves a job in the NFL. What's funnier is people thinking he deserves his job back.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think the number of Anti-America players is shrinking. ESPN didn't show the Anthem before tonight's BEARS vs VIKINGS game. Must not have been any controversy for boosting ESPN's ratings.

Not really, TV networks are just censoring it in a compromise. More players than ever are pissed off and are protesting, not over the original cause, but rather over Trump trying to silence them... something that goes against free speech and the Constitution.

Hell, we now have the President saying he's going to change the tax law through EO's to specifically punish the NFL for letting players protest.
edit on 10-10-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

It's called "ebonics" look it up...it's a real thing.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Jesus, you can be fired in America for making a joke at a social?

Do you guys not have like, any employee protection laws at all?!?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeadCrunchMcRockGroin
They "take a knee" for the exceedingly rare instance of a cop shooting an innocent black man, but not a damn word from these tools about the much, much, MUCH more common slaughter of black men by other black men.

And today's award for 'staggeringly racist comment' goes to...

But FYI, they're not just protesting black men shot by cops, they're also protesting about how black folks are disproportionately jailed by a system that excessively criminalises black people. And the entire system of racial inequality.

(A system of racial inequality that results in greater deprivation for black communities, which results in more drug use, which results in more drug violence, which results in those black men killing black men thing you mention.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join