It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Possible to be in Love Forever

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

So, a question for my personal curiosity that I don't think has been asked:

This girl, the ex that you have dreams about, when you first met her was it an instant moment of recognition and desire, the "this is the one/love at first sight sort," or was it something that took time develop as friends first?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

This girl, the ex that you have dreams about, when you first met her was it an instant moment of recognition and desire, the "this is the one/love at first sight sort," or was it something that took time develop as friends first?

That's an interesting question. For me it was a four letter sentence online with no prior anything.. my first words to her I believe were "there is something about you."

I wasn't wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well regardless of what does or doesn't happen post death, we still cannot test the hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Liquesence

Well regardless of what does or doesn't happen post death, we still cannot test the hypothesis.

No, it can't be tested, but it's also kind of hard to definitively answer in an absolute, for that reason.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

To answer your question, I would like to put some meat on the bone for your inquiry.

I had just moved back to California from out of state and my sisters' new husband offered me a job at an upscale sports bar in Pleasanton, Ca. as a bouncer/security. With my military background, I was a shoe in. She was a bartender/server and we did have a knockout moment as soon as we saw each other. A lingering eye to eye contact and smile with an equally lingering hand shake when I first met her.

She was beautiful, Spanish and Italian heritage and very outgoing but reserved and elegant at the same time. She was a model for Vogue Magazine at one point, but didn't like the industry at the time and moved on.

I was staying with my other sister at first to get on my feet, and one morning she (being my lost love) and a her roommate showed up at my sisters' house picked me up, and lets just say the next morning, lol, we went back to my sisters' house and gathered my things and I never looked back. She had me move in immediately! Lol.

Our relationship bloomed....absolutely bloomed. We were the bells of the ball everywhere we went. People who saw us would remark how much they could see the love we shared. No one tested us, or even tried to break us up over envy, or jealousy. Our armor was too thick. This only made our bond that much stronger and reassuring.

So to answer your question more directly, yes! I have never, and still haven't, had someone I was so in tune with...someone who really liked me...my humor, my personality, even my faults were forgivable as they were merely just another facet of myself that she recognized and helped me to overcome.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 11:03:34 -050010amWednesdayth11am by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I don't think that it possible always to be in love.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Do we ever really move on...I mean REALLY move on, or do we just compromise to move on...

Depends on the relationship I guess.
I had beers and laughter at the beach today with an ex who I travelled the world with, we deeply love each other.
We only split because she wanted a child and I didn't. It was the strangest split I've ever had, a five minute conversation and we both knew it had to end right there, no anger, just sadness on both sides.
She's had her child, is 'happy' with her man, but he doesn't have that spark of love me and her still share, I almost feel sorry for him.
I love all my ex's, my ex wife-mother of my now adult son is my most loved and trusted friend, but Briony, she's special because we never fell out of love, just I couldn't give her the child she wanted.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wish I could answer your question. Love takes different forms. It changes over time, so yes, but maybe not in the way you are imagining. Your dream - you were remembering the way things used to be, and mostly wish fulfillment. It's not reality, but a surprise and happy dream. I always welcome those.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Love is just love to me, once I love someone then it lasts, male or female.
My ex today when we looked into each others eyes sat at the beach, that was love, same as if we were still together.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I wish I could answer your question. Love takes different forms. It changes over time, so yes, but maybe not in the way you are imagining. Your dream - you were remembering the way things used to be, and mostly wish fulfillment. It's not reality, but a surprise and happy dream. I always welcome those.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I also believe that it is possible to be in love with one person forever. My parents have been together for more than 30 years and still do everything together, and I can see they really love each other. I've been married for only 3?5 years, but I hope my marriage will be as happy as my parents have.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I also believe that it is possible to be in love with one person forever. My parents have been together for more than 30 years and still do everything together, and I can see they really love each other. I've been married for only 3?5 years, but I hope my marriage will be as happy as my parents have.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join