It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribal Day! Not Columbus...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

YES America was the result of warfare,hence the gun love ,we won.
NOT fairly ,but HERE we are.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Sounds CRAPPY in a lyric about tribal values,but if YOU want to augment LABOR day,LETS change the old BORING crap to do something where CORPORATE honors US!
PARTIES with bonuses, lets get some stuff to the PEONs you cheap clowns,USE UNION DUES as well, so we can spread the anger.
edit on 9-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9-10-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Man, I hate Columbus. Genocidal, Gold Crazy, Slave raping, child killing, Buffoon.

Tell me again why we celebrate this scumbag?

We don't have a Jeffrey Dahmer day or a Hitler day or a Ted Bundy Day...etc.
edit on 9-10-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The stamps would SUCK and the tribes would STILL be screwed.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yes. We should rename it to Aztec Heart Surgery Day. That was much more peaceful!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

BUT MY Apache buddy wouldn't get SQUAT.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Barbaric scum, all of you! We've had chopped off heads in public for centuries in Europe, that's the glory of authority, civilisation and steel right there.
Amateurs with pins and needles high on their death penalty. What do you guys know about peace either?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

YES America was the result of warfare,hence the gun love ,we won.
NOT fairly ,but HERE we are.

No such thing as a fair war.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

SO ugly ,what fools we are ,to allow them to do this to us.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

SO ugly ,what fools we are ,to allow them to do this to us.

I wonder that too.

As they say, " to the victor belongs the spoils"

Senator William L Marcy.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

DAVID HACKWORTH would have attacked by now WE just voted in Trump to try PEACE first.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I can't stand dude, either.

That aside, I don't see why we give a crap about him anyway. The Americas were named after a different Italian explorer, Amerigo Vespucci. And it was the Spanish conquistador Hernando de Soto that actually explored a lot of the southeastern US. There were a bunch of other explorers who settled the west coast of the US, and other than Puerto Rico, Columbus has no connection to the US at all. And of course, that leaves out the numerous Native American nations that were already here & whose descendants are still here.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
all this being offended by holidays celebrating terrible people is a bunch of naive hypocrisy that completely ignores how pointless it is, if you go after every offensive historical figure then it would be endless, it would just lead to humanity becoming boring, soulless, spiritually dead, culturally barren and emotionally fragile children who know nothing about who they really are.

without darkness to contrast light the light will become indistinguishable from darkness and humanity will fall to the evil in their hearts and think they are good, just and righteous.

this whole liberal revisionism nonsense will one day turn humankind into corrupt monsters.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

1. You think the OP is a liberal?
o_O

2. Do you even know why we started "celebrating" Columbus Day in the first place? It didn't become a federal holiday until heavy lobbying by a special interest group in the 1930s.

In April 1934, as a result of lobbying by the Knights of Columbus and New York City Italian leader Generoso Pope, Congress and President Franklin Delano Roosevelt proclaimed October 12 a federal holiday under the name Columbus Day.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Colombus certainly commited many atrocities but, whenever a technologically superior culture has met with one much less sophisticated they are quite generally exploited to the nth degree. Seems to be human nature. I remember learning in school of the horrors of Colombus and my god, the conquistadors make Colombus look like a sad lil puppy that wet itself.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr
The Native American part of me was having a very heated debate with the European part of me. Lots of bad words were used such as moron, racist, facist, etc.

Taking a cue from DBC, the European part took a knee out of respect for the Native American part. But that just made the Native American part angry as it is apparently a sign of disrespect to the Blackfoot. So the African part of me lit up a doob and now we're all just chillin waiting for this crazy day to end while looking forward to Thanksgiving.

You mean Thanksgiving is still on? Can't wait until Antifa gets around to that holiday. Those darned pilgrims... took the land from the Indians, gave them liquor and then had the audacity to invite them for supper to celebrate.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I wonder how Berkeley would react, then, if a conservative tribal member wanted to speak on the university's campus on "Columbus Day."

Would their heads explode?

Just a light-hearted question.

For the record, I hated the fact that Columbus Day was a thing long before it was fashionable to do so. I remember the day that I realized that others had made it to America centuries before him, coupled with all of the atrocities that he and his crew committed on indigenous peoples, and I've had disdain for the day and the man ever since.

My favorite quote on Columbus Day is, "He didn't discover sh*t." I feel bad for the person who engages me beyond that point.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm fine with this. I've been a long time advocate for not honoring Columbus Day anymore. Though I've always been of the idea that the holiday should be scrapped altogether. The Indigenous People's Day idea is new to me this year. I like it.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: cavtrooper7

In anger and in solidarity, I knocked over a bottle of Italian salad dressing, then took a knee at an Italian restaurant down the street.

Then I punched a Viking in the nose. Just because I wasn't sure and I wanted to cover all my bases.
Did you just assume that Vikings national identity????

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join