It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribal Day! Not Columbus...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thats right I want it this way.
WHY?
SIMPLE I am a conspiracy theorist of generous ideas,and WHOMEVER'S toes are stepped on are irrelevant.
THAT having been said,I wouldn't want it as a punishment,for white people ,but as a celebration for the very people who's very cultural NAME we screwed up,the genocidal colonial attacks, YET STILL STAND BY us.
I respect such an honorable generosity.
FOR THEM!
AND of course the f#ckin JESUITS...don't get me started on those guys back then...

PERHAPS I am a little off,or maybe that "offness" has a use,either way ,no P.C. here
If it MUST be a DISCOVERY DAY then one must accept the earliest culture,I say China or Viking,by memory but IT isn't really fixing an idea,they ARE the Tribes and besides ,it fits best,and for my ego it will BEAT Festivus.
edit on 10.10.2017 by Kandinsky because: Dialled down the all caps shouty title.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I agree. Columbus actually got locked up when he went back to Spain for the atrocities he committed in the West Indies. The guy was a horrendous person. I know a man must by judged by his times. But he would allow things that I would assert the average person of his time wouldn't do to a dog.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Can't trust Europeans

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I've never heard of Tribal Day, but I've heard of Indigenous People's Day

What is Indigenous People's Day?
Indigenous People's Day is a holiday to celebrate Native Americans as a counter to the Columbus Day holiday. It originated in Berkley, CA, in 1992 and has spread to other cities. It is also known as Native American Day.
References:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Peoples%27_Day

www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/11/more-citie…

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/12/columbus-day-become…

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So do we change the history books? I only know of Columbus from what I was taught in school? I guess thats a whole other debate...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

In anger and in solidarity, I knocked over a bottle of Italian salad dressing, then took a knee at an Italian restaurant down the street.

Then I punched a Viking in the nose. Just because I wasn't sure and I wanted to cover all my bases.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The native American looks Chinese to me. Maybe Chinese were the first to occupy this continent.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Too P.C. we don't want that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lisame

No need, just tell them WHY we changed it and connect the decor to the PEOPLE as funds so there is a damn good reason for THEM to celebrate too.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

YEAH ...
I'm a jerk in some ways,BUT YOU get it too here,RIGHT?
WHO in this country was invaded and WE ALL know it?
I mean I am NOT going to slam ANY culture with a bias, as I am legally A BASTARD(AND a former 7TH CAVARY member).
Shame I keep PROVING it ,,

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm taking a knee for you as well!

(Actually, I dropped my lighter but I'm still counting it as a "knee".)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
JESUITS...fun people and depicted ACCURATELY on 'PIRATES OF THE "CARIBBEAN"#4 and of course "The Mission"
NOW we don't KNOW cool alien stuff...jerks.

JUST tell the REST of the country to EDUCATE themselves on the tribes and handle it from there,NO "IDIG" in the name at all it's a military term,and it doesn't serve my point at all.

link   
OP, so happy to find something we can agree on.

link   
a reply to: lisame

To be brief, he was a psychopath with a license (I believe from the Pope of the time) to kill, maim, kidnap and enslave. Oh, and he also wanted gold, lots of it. Some peoples still "remember" him today. Word of mouth, through the generations. Basically, he was a complete scumbag. And he had well-armed troops.
edit on 9/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Americans bow to whomever their prime creator is chosen to be ,NO OTHER.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

My BROTHER on an Apache rez would like this idea,HE WOULDN'T like charity,they are a warrior based culture as well so I guess THAT blows the LGBT/CALIFORNIAN, support...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Native American part of me was having a very heated debate with the European part of me. Lots of bad words were used such as moron, racist, facist, etc.

Taking a cue from DBC, the European part took a knee out of respect for the Native American part. But that just made the Native American part angry as it is apparently a sign of disrespect to the Blackfoot. So the African part of me lit up a doob and now we're all just chillin waiting for this crazy day to end while looking forward to Thanksgiving.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

I have SINCERELY slapped myself, for us all,it seems the thing to do here...wife is looking at me funny as I smile.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join