It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL: Health Ranger id's distance of 2nd shooter at LV massacre and it’s NOT the MB hotel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
OMG... you guys he's just describing what he uses in his lab! Doh... I smell a troll in this thread.

He doesn't say anything about using a mass spectrometer for the LV shooting.

edit on 9-10-2017 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So, We have:

A guy
A lab
Not sure what is ment by mass spectrometer in Mike’s context.
Not sure how you distinguish between originating shots and echoes in the videos.
Have faith the guy knew all distances from the different cameras, at any give moment, to the shooter’s location.
Not sure how audio compression will skew the calculations.
The way a microphone is pointed at the sound source can effect how audio is recorded.
We really don’t know the speed of the bullets? Was the individual shooting .223 from a 5.56 rifle? How hot were the bullet loads, and the actual weight of the bullets?

Lots of room for error?

edit on 9-10-2017 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Granite

I just want to know how a person from the audio can determine what is the sound of an originated shot and an echo of a shot? How do you know what shot sound to analyze and base calculations from?

Mike used his mass spectrometer to get a precise record of the sound waves, then he said he eliminated the "noise" part of the sound from gunfire sound wave.

I am no expert at this, but aware of the ballistic table for 223, 308 because I re-load my ammo.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

The point is that's not something in an audio lab. But, he may use that term rather loosely. See my previous post.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Natural News?
No. Sorry. Just no.

Why not?

Are you afraid someone might discover a second killer?

Maybe your hoping the 2nd shooter kills more people?

Get help bro....sounds like you need it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Didn't see this until page 5 lol...my bad. You don't need to model anything as all of that is secondary and inconsequential. What you would need to do is use the room as the position...then figure out how long it would take sound to travel to the approximate location of the microphone then compare it and see if the audio files match up. If they don't then you know it they were coming from somewhere else and that in itself is all the evidence needed to upset the OS. Just how I would approach it...I am not an expert or I'd make a hellova lot more money...but I am also much more knowledgeable than the average Joe about audio subjects in general.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: RickyD

You think he has a very expensive laboratory?

Very...very expensive...like the most expensive... what other credentials do you need Phage?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ranger351

You'd have to be able to approximate that microphone's location first. The rougher that approximation is the more give or take in your final analysis. Next you simply use the hotel room as the baseline and do the math on how long sound should take to get there and compare to the videos. It won't be perfect but its close enough to be able to tell 100ish yards off obviously isn't in the room. You'd also need to analyse as many sources as you can as well as getting raw files not compressed encoded by YouTube. I seriously doubt you could tell much more accurately unless you got a hold of some very good recordings you could really pinpoint accuracy on mic location.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

He should get a refund on that equipment.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Phage

Honestly it doesn't take much more than some software on a computer and a bit of math.

If that's all it takes then why did he mention his "very expensive" equipment? I have three computers two tablets three cell phones and a calculator. Tell me the frequency Kenneth?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: [post=22750892]727Sky[/post

If different people were firing, there will be different types of ammunition found, by clinicians and/or by site investigators. So let's see if anything turns up to support this claim.

Do you think that if different ammunition types are found, that they will tell us?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

A chem lab is doing acoustical testing? Ok sure why not?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The guy had several different weapons. I'd expect different ammo. I'm no gun expert though so maybe not.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Hey I owe you an apology about the cameras in the hallway from that other thread. I hadn't seen any reports that included that when I answered you and I assumed you were referring to hotel video. So yes there was surveillance video cameras set up so he could see if anyone was coming. You were absolutely correct. I've been waiting to catch you in a more recent thread to say that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Same question....will they tell us?
edit on 9-10-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

Natural News?
No. Sorry. Just no.

Your opinion? Not important. Sorry. Just not important.

Umm isn't that like...your opinion? Yeah ...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You need a DAW like logic or pro tools having some good analytic plugins would be handy as well as some video software to look frame by frame. Then you just math speed of sound from reported shooters position to the area of the mic. Hardest part is going to,be getting an accurate location for the mic.

Edit...yea maybe he is as dumb as we all think he is and was just trying to get us to believe him. Yea I'd go with he is as dishonest and manipulative to sell a story to make a buck...
edit on 9-10-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interesting. And somehow he claims he used that to analyze the sound. Well it sounds like expensive lab equipment because that would be. Maybe he dabbles in quantum physics...on the side. When he's not making YouTube videos.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Better question would be, How does one get the precise timing of the sound waves with a mass spectrometer?

Applications of Mass Spectrometers

Mass spectrometers are sensitive detectors of isotopes based on their masses. They are used in carbon dating and other radioactive dating processes. The combination of a mass spectrometer and a gas chromatograph makes a powerful tool for the detection of trace quantities of contaminants or toxins. A number of satellites and spacecraft have mass spectrometers for the identification of the small numbers of particles intercepted in space. For example, the SOHO satellite uses a mass spectrometer to analyze the solar wind.

Mass spectrometers are used for the analysis of residual gases in high vacuum systems

from Phages source.
edit on 1092017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Didn't you even look at the link? A mass spectrometer measures isotopes. It's used for carbon dating and analyzing chemical makeup. It doesn't have a way to measure sound. Your guy is throwing around big words he doesn't understand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join