It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who decides what is disrespectful?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You answered yourself with the thread title. The feeling of being disrespected is a decision that rests entirely on the shoulders of the people deciding to feel disrespected. People can choose to be outraged or cool, entirely their own call. Further, nobody has any justification to demand anyone else join them in their feels of outrage... BUT the outraged and disrespected certainly have every right to remove their personal business and dollars from anyone they feel disrespected them.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I should add: as an employee, you don't have a right to free speech. There are jobs where people are required to stand for 8 hours (bank tellers, convenience store clerks, cooks, wait staff, etc). The NFL is the only place i've seen where employees are believed to have a constitutional right to free speech. Its just not how the world works for the rest of us, where we can be fired for exercising our free speech on Twitter. I've fired people for doing just that on FB, wearing a company uniform, bad mouthing the company, and giving the middle finger (while in that uniform) to managers.

That's a matter of employee leverage though. In the NFL the players have a union, and a fairly powerful union at that, which will protect them to an extent. Interestingly enough, the union our President is in (SAG) will do the same thing. This is going to vary with every employer/employee contract, but plenty of employees have free speech while on the job. Others, such as teachers (who also have a union), have more restrictive behavior contracts.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Phage

No, but it is among the very, very, very few employers that will allow you to express political views that could be considered controversial.

It really just comes down to negotiating position. Few athletes can perform at the level required to be competitive in the NFL so supply is low and demand is high. Each of these athletes generate 10's or maybe even 100's of millions of dollars to the company and brand. Not only do they have collective barganing to protect them, but it's simply more profitable to tolerate them, than to lose them.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

DON'T have to,if you were BORN here,war exists,and you bear treasure under MY defensive oath and NO OTHER,how YOU feel is only subjective and an emotional reconstruction to defend your ego where MINE is in bloodshed right now(I WIN AGAIN!)It's not important to combat vets and what we call ourselves,the heros didn't come back ,just us.
it IS an apt description and voluntarily offered.
edit on 9-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's respect for war dead ,not a tool for BLM to play with.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

DON'T have to,if you were BORN here,war exists,and you bear treasure under MY defensive oath and NO OTHER,how YOU feel is only subjective and an emotional reconstruction to defend your ego where MINE is in bloodshed right now(I WIN AGAIN!)It's not important to combat vets and what we call ourselves,the heros didn't come back ,just us.
it IS an apt description and voluntarily offered.

yeah ok man
i cant even follow what the hell you are saying but i see where you land
keep on winning i suppose

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotTheCIA
a reply to: AMPTAH

Seems too premeditated on all counts. I doubt that.

Kneeling was the least offensive reaction to 'not standing', and why it was specifically chosen.

All the world is symbolism and protocol.

For thousands of years "kneeling" is the sign that you're in the presence of a King.

It's a sign of respect and acknowledgement that there's a King present.

If you wanted to show disrespect, you can sit, lie down, or the worst sign by tradition is "to turn your back while standing".

Now, of course, America isn't supposed to have a King. It got rid of monarchs long ago. The leader is just a President, as far as the ordinary people know.

But, there is a Secret Government, behind the Overt Government, that is not elected by the people, and there it's not a democracy. That's what the sign is all about.

They are revealing Donald to be the King of the Underworld. The players who started the kneeling tradition are most likely Freemasons themselves, and everything is done by strict "symbolism."

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's respect for war dead ,not a tool for BLM to play with.

They had their hands over their chests, facing the flag. Standing is not required. So they respected the flag.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yeah it is a point of view,however you call it.

But I won't spit on my own dead and THAT'S what it means after hippies used it to call us BABY killers,in the 60s and the colleges are controlled by them.
I think it was "KILLBOT" after Desert Storm, but now we're all fascists,I don't keep up with popular culture ,I PROMISE you 'll find out why later(THE MUSIC ALONE, will suck that bad)
I am entirely TOO misanthropic for an issue about skin..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

OK my friend. calm DOWN a LITTLE bit
ANYWAY i cant REALLY follow what you are saying so SEE you LATER

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Kneeling is rest and a traditional position of fealty ,so I don't really care how it's recentIy defined am a vet/warrior.
Dangerous, Masculine, Toxicity, and all.
JUST pet me on the head, smile, shut up and NO sudden moves like any other civilian in arms reach.
BRIGHT ideas are a problem in America, when they are invented in COLLEGES,you have NO IDEA how we've suffered in officers hands.

edit on 9-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

This is calm, believe it or not, I ALWAYS do it this way.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I got 49 years of conspiracy reading and tracking under my belt ...you're reaching here.

FAR.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do YOU understand me?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'll take one for the team and decide what is offensive. You're all welcome.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Winning on bets ,I get it.
I like KLINGONS and art so I guess your tastes are at stake here.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Winning on bets ,I get it.
I like KLINGONS and art so I guess your tastes are at stake here.

I've decided.

Everything's offensive.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Then, NOTHING can be so ..philosophy sucks too sometimes.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
These people are paid to play football, not to make political statements.

At their bones, are the flag and anthem not the backbone of politics in the first place? Both are seen as, and used as, foundations as the symbols of ideals and representation for both for civilian identity and political identity.

Both identities stemming from the audio representation and visual representation are so enmeshed with each other, you cannot claim to be American without them, and cannot deign to venture into politics without prostrating to them.

One could stand to reason with that in mind, neither should ever be mixed with entertainment one wishes to keep politically neutral. For any reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Like a product commercial in church,it's not ILLEGAL to do it,but WHY run off the flock?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join