It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filling Gaps Left By Trump, Nurses and Labor Unions Join Puerto Rico Relief Efforts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Ummm...one of my friends is in the Army National Guard, and he's in Puerto Rico right now and has been for a while.

Where are you getting your information?

Today there is no plan and people, people tasked with this responsibility are doing little or nothing regardless of what the president cares to believe and say.

Ummm...no. This is the epitome of willful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

They have a narrative to push. The truth is of no consequence.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Understood--and sadly, at this point, any time the mayor of San Juan is a part of the divisive topic, it's safe to assume that if it's bashing the government response, it's probably interlaced with ideological falsehoods.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I would take care when calling someone ignorant when your own reading comprehension is lacking.

I never said, nor did the article cited, say there was no Federal response.

Read the title again.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I would take care when calling someone ignorant when your own reading comprehension is lacking.

I never said, nor did the article cited, say there was no Federal response.

Read the title again.

Read my comment again--I never claimed that you said "there was no Federal response." Where in the hell did you get that from my comment?

You did, however, say that "the federal response has been abysmal" (it hasn't, unless you only listen to a select few people) and that, as I quoted in my initial response, "there is no plan and people, people tasked with this responsibility are doing little or nothing regardless of what the president cares to believe and say."

You're playing the game of Putrid Politics and it needs to stop--again, this is willful ignorance if you believe the things that you noted and, apparently, needed me to read back to you.

Reading comprehension indeed.

I will trust in the multitude of stories concerning the aid in PR plus what I've been told by my friend whose boots are literally on the ground in PR over the claims that I am seeing in your OP and in obviously biased stories and claims on the situation.

If you disapprove of that approach, so be it, but my reading comprehension skills are firmly in tact. I appreciate your concern, though.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So, your 'one' cousin ....

Ummm...one of my friends is in the Army National Guard, and he's in Puerto Rico right now and has been for a while.

Where are you getting your information?

Today there is no plan and people, people tasked with this responsibility are doing little or nothing regardless of what the president cares to believe and say.

Ummm...no. This is the epitome of willful ignorance.

... is true and verifiable testimony to the COMPETENCE of the current administration. You imply it is (look up the word). You also dismiss reports from others (not your cousin) without any back-up. And you resort to calling me ignorant - the last resort of those without knowledge or sense.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Remember that one time that you called me out about reading comprehension?

Yeah...I don't have a cousin in PR, and I never claimed to.

I called you willfully ignorant--that's different than calling you ignorant in a derogatory sense. (look up the phrase)

See, what I'm doing is this thing called research, where I read and watch a vast number of reports from people in multiple places and come to a determination as to what I feel is hyperbole (the mayor of San Juan, for example), and what is actually really happening.

Look, I'm no fan of government, and I will always scream to the last breath that 99% of what they do is paved with ineptitude and sprinkled with superficial good intentions, and nowhere did I claim that the government is doing a perfect job. But, if you continue to stand by your claim that the "response has been abysmal" and that "little or nothing" is getting accomplished, so be it. If your stance on the issue is that it's all because of the federal government's fault, so be it. My goal is not to change your mind (at this point, anyhow), but it's more to discuss your unwillingness to expand your understanding about what's going on in Puerto Rico.

You are choosing to ignore valid points (some of which are claims by someone actually there...are YOU there?), argue against them, and make up fake cousins and claims on my behalf. This is called "willful ignorance," amongst other things--again, look up the definition of the phrase. And if your understanding of what you've read/watched concerning PR is as good as your comprehension of my own comments, it's no wonder that you're subscribing to the claim that the relief effort is terrible.

Something tells me, though, that you're trying to exploit this and make it Trump's Katrina, like many other ideologically driven faceless internet voices out there.

In any event, carry on--this discussion has reached it's end for me, although I'm excited to see what part of this comment gets misinterpreted in your response.

Best regards.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Something tells me, though, that you're trying to exploit this and make it Trump's Katrina, like many other ideologically driven faceless internet voices out there.

This is the entire motive of the thread, and indeed most of the media coverage on Puerto Rico. They're failing miserably though. It's not 2005 anymore, people have access to other information. The media and the biased leftists pushing this false narrative are just digging themselves a deeper hole.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep. Trump hasn't hesitated at all. I bet they hate that. It's extremely sad and pathetic.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Engage in this thread, if you want to.

If not, so be it, but it may just help you get a broader picture as to what's really happening over there.

FBI in Puerto Rico investigating local officials 'withholding' crucial supplies

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join