It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Fire Napa and Sonoma Counties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was just alerted by my father who lives in Napa that there is a huge fire there.

I am thinking that will be a big set back for the wine industry in California.... as well as the people who might loose homes there, of course.

I hope none of our members here find themselves threatened by that!
Stay safe, Above Top Secretions!

www.latimes.com... html
edit on 9-10-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Your link is broken. This one works.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thanks for that!
Not sure what I did wrong, I'm on my phone and not real good with it- obviously.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I was just alerted by my father who lives in Napa that there is a huge fire there.

I am thinking that will be a big set back for the wine industry in California.... as well as the people who might loose homes there, of course.

www.latimes.com... html

It's very sad, there's been so many fires and floods over the last few months. So many people have been displaced, so much food production lost. Wines, citrus fruits...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i'm a fair bit south... can definitely smell the smoke though

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have searched but fail to find any information yet. Was it intentional ? Pyro's ? 1500 buildings destroyed at this point in time.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

We are currently monitoring the following fires:

•Cherokee Fire (Butte County)
•La Porte Fire (Butte County)
•Cascade Fire (Yuba County)
•Redwood Fire (Mendocino County)
•Potter Fire (Mendocino County)
•Tubbs Fire (Napa County)
•Patrick Fire (Napa County)
•Atlas Fire (Napa County)
•Nuns Fire (Sonoma County)
•McCourtney Fire (Nevada County)

krcrtv.com - Multiple fires burn thousands of acres in Northern California. (with map)

Napa, Sonoma, and Mendocino counties! Yikes!

The La Porte fire is the huge one they keep showing on the news. That one is 0 percent contained and has jumped into another county (same source). I didn't realize there were multiple locations on fire.

When they say "evacuate" don't hesitate! Wind driven fire is bad.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

www.latimes.com... html

It's very sad, there's been so many fires and floods over the last few months. So many people have been displaced, so much food production lost. Wines, citrus fruits...

No Global Warming Here

Seriously however here is a link to a Sam Harris podcast covering the topic - the science, the economics, the political... titled:

What You Need to Know About Climate Change
A Conversation with Joseph Romm

www.samharris.org...

Podcast #95

Its a bit capitalist for my taste but has great information. It's almost two hours long (hour one - science; hour two solutions and economics) but for those who don't know Bill Harris' work it goes by quickly and holds the attention. He is a terrific interviewer with a depth of knowledge and clarity of speak that makes even arcane topics understandable.

He's a bit on the conservative side of some topics for me and may be a bit too liberal on some for many but that is part of what makes listening to him so delightful.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Time to buy wine futures!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I hope that your Dad is okay.

My sister-in-law is from Santa Rosa, in the same area. Last night at 2 in the morning she, her mom, and my two nephews had to evacuate their house due to the oncoming fire. At this point, my family is pretty sure that the house is burned down. If they hadn't evacuated, my brother said, they most likely would have died.

I'm just glad they aren't hurt. The house can always be replaced by insurance i'm sure.

www.latimes.com... html

edit on 9-10-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I read on the news that people smelled the smoke all the way down to san jose ca

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have a lot of family there, they evacuated and are okay - don't know about their houses yet though.
Sad!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here's one neighborhood in Santa Rosa, Coffeey Park, before :

And after :

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I read on the news that people smelled the smoke all the way down to san jose ca

Yeah, my parents are on the mid-Peninsula, in between SF and san Jose and they said they smoke was pretty bad even there.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We've had horrid fires this way in the Pac NW but never anything like this. This emergency needs more attention than having to scroll down some news sites to find it. I hope family and friends are located soon.

IMPORTANT: 380 people are still listed as missing in Sonoma County. Officials hope some have been found but have just not yet been reported as found. If you know someone who was missing but no longer is please call the Sonoma County Emergency Operations Center at 707-565-3856

Source

Regards

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
All of the fires appeared suddenly on sunday and monday...."Columbus Day".

They seem to form a line in some instances.

22 separate fires all at one time....?

www.fire.ca.gov...

www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I saw someone on the news that people were reporting transformers blowing up trees hitting the wires...that possibly PG & e wasn't trimming the dead dying trees like they were supposed to.....we will see when they get more info what is what

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Here's one neighborhood in Santa Rosa, Coffeey Park, before :

And after :

I have been absent from posting here on ATS for some months now, but occasionally lurking.

My family lost a house and a member in this fire. This fire was insane. I had been awake and witnessed it spread as utilities, internet both cell and residential were knocked out and the fires began to converge from three directions at once. Within 2 and a half hours from the first indication of danger it had already done most of the damage seen in Coffee park area.

Our House.

My Aunt.

One name that hasn’t appeared on that list is Karen Aycock. The 54-year-old woman’s house on Dogwood Drive burned along with the surrounding Coffey Park neighborhood. On Tuesday afternoon, her niece, Jeanette Scroggins dug through the house’s ashes with police officers. From the rubble, she pulled out a charred vinyl record: “Beds Are Burning” by Midnight Oil. Officers told her they wouldn’t start digging for human remains until the evening. Several feet away, Aycock’s charred blue Ford Mustang lay slumped on the pavement. “I just hope she made it alive,” Scroggins said. “We want some answers.” Aycock was last heard from on Saturday, when she messaged with friends on Facebook. Scroggins has not been able to locate her at area shelters. “I haven’t seen or heard from her,” Scroggins said. “It’s really hard to figure out what is what. I’m just feeling sadness.”
SF Chronicle

We had just received word from the coroner today.

My sister, Jeanette At the site where the house had a day earlier stood.
Photo Courtesy of Noah Berger/SF Chronical

My Aunts Car.
Photo Courtesy of Noah Berger/SF Chronical

I have many things to express relating to the complete failure of authorities and many suspicious finding and reports i have come by since this had started.
I plan to start a thread if time allows, but there is still danger and much of daily life has been delayed and difficulties from closed shops and road closures further keeping me busy.

Nothing has ever, or will ever compare to what i have seen in the last four days.

Jappee

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

So sorry Jappee! We're trying to take head counts and figure out who still has a house or not.
So, so sad.

My prayers and thoughts go out to you and yours!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am thinking that will be a big set back for the wine industry in California....

It wasn't, hardly any vines were lost. All of the wine I ordered on our recent trip is still shipping and I even received some today.

new topics

top topics

join