It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Mattis tells US Army to 'stand READY for war' with North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWiseDwarf

Although you correctly quoted trump, you left out the "maybe" he said "maybe the calm before the storm". Although I do think we are going to war. I don't think the missile test will have to even reach close to the west coast. I think if NKorea even shoots one more missile in a provocative manor, we will strike.

NKorea has panted itself in a corner, by all of the threats and provocation. Kim says its us provoking them, when it certainly is not.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Willtell

Congress will never approve it.

I hope you are right, but don't forget the US is in the business of war and i feel we are due for another neocon MIC export.
edit on 9-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be prudent if they were always ready? I think that's the goal. I don't think this is a warning but with trump you never know.

Agreed , I think he's just reiterating their position I'm sure they've been ready to react for a while now , this is most likely aimed at North Korea rather than any indication of intent.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They fire vertically and monitor the engine burn. They know how long the engine should burn to reach the maximum range of the missile. If it burns the right amount of time, full range.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

They're getting outside help from someone. Their missiles got a lot better a lot faster than they should have. It's definitely a provocation though. One of their tests came down in the Sea of Japan 10 minutes before a passenger aircraft passed through the same block of airspace.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

LOL

When was the last time Congress declared war?

The executive branch can carry out months of attacks without so much as asking as long as it's an "emergency"

And I think since we are still at war with Korea it might even give one more leeway...

I couldn't have said what you said any better!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Agree with this.

Ask any general about the status I am pretty sure just about all of them will say the readiness is high and all forces are mission capable.

Although the media spin can really screw with what was actually said. Par for the course.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Terminal1 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Which means there won't be a military response. He's not going to telegraph the response. This is just a ruse to scare the sh!t out of Lil Kim.

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

They're getting outside help from someone. Their missiles got a lot better a lot faster than they should have. It's definitely a provocation though. One of their tests came down in the Sea of Japan 10 minutes before a passenger aircraft passed through the same block of airspace.

is there anything on the part of the US you would consider 'provocation'

and the range of the missile they are testing has nowhere to go but the sea of Japan. NK is basically has Japan between it and the pacific. there's no other way to not to go over Japan...

we need a clear definition of what is a declaration of war before we can engage in it.

where are those satellite images of WMDs...

any country not actively in any agreement with the IAEA or the United nations can develop a defense system as it wishes. when has sanctions been levied on the US even after they admit they bombed hospitals or there were no WMDs or get caught spying on ally nations, dropped the moab with little effect...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nvm. I keep forgetting that every other country on earth is sweetness and light, and the US is the epitome of evil and responsible for everything.
edit on 10/9/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Russia and China should join the fight against NK
Their passive tactic is disgraceful
As they are waiting for NK to sting US..
And enjoy the show will criticizing US on the sidelines

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There will be SIGNS. Watch for them...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Why would Trump need to declare war on North Korea?

We are still at war with NK since the last war. We just have a cease fire that has been in place for decades

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He is wrong. We have been at war with the Democrat party of Korea all these years. No approval needed.

We will likely begin bombing tomorrow or the next day

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There will be SIGNS. Watch for them...
One more provocative missile which demonstrates they have made further progress will be the trigger! I think this has been decided already. There is likely to be a very large precision ish strike on fat boy to try and eliminate the NK leadership. Like one of those cave busters. And if that does not stop NK then all their main infrastructure will be leveled!

My two pennies!
edit on 9-10-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be prudent if they were always ready? I think that's the goal. I don't think this is a warning but with trump you never know.

They were always ready, just less so because of Obama.

The sanctions and UN resolutions are only as effective as the alternative, which is US military might. Obama made them all but meaningless gestures to be laughed at, danced around and spit on.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is pretty much meaningless. The armed forces always "stand ready" for war. That's why we always work on our readiness and need money to train constantly.

If they change the DEFCON, let me know.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I hope you are right, but don't forget the US is in the business of war and i feel we are due for another neocon MIC export.

Trade is actually our top business but don't let facts stand in the way of your fantasies that you've been spoon fed for years.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There will be no "war" with them like the movies. No marching armies, no shoot at us, we shoot back... Won't happen...They will never troop up our shores nor will we have to storm theirs.

We have too much tech to level them from a distance. Talking about war with N. K. is completely the opposite. They provoke us? We take em out... From far up and away. It wouldn't be a war... But a conflict over in a few days.

And they know it. A long even short war doesn't need to happen. And it won't. We ain't going there... and they Sure will never get here.....
edit on 9-10-2017 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join