It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Mattis tells US Army to 'stand READY for war' with North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Defense Secretary James Mattis says the U.S. Army "must stand ready" in the face of continued provocations by the North Korean regime. While delivering the keynote address at the Association of the U.S. Army's annual meeting on Monday, Mattis outlined the current strategy in North Korea for the U.S. military, saying "it is right now diplomatically led, economic sanctioned, buttressed effort to try to turn North Korea off its path." He conceded, however, that "neither you nor I can say" what the future holds for the regime. "There's one thing the U.S. Army can do, and that is you have got to be ready to ensure that we have military options that our president can employ if needed," said Mattis. Mattis embraced the current diplomatic approach to the crisis, including the UN-led sanctions on the regime supported by the international community. He added, "But that means the U.S. Army must stand ready, and so, if you're ready, that's your duty at this point in time. And I know the Army will always do its duty."

Source

Might be me, but I have the feeling that a war between North Korea and the U.S. could start anywhere next few days now.

Trump has been saying quite a few things last week which seems to be adding to that thought, such as telling Tillerson to stop wasting his energy as Trump will "do what has to be done".

Trump also said last week that it's possibly a "calm before the storm" last days.

Not to mention that he also said that diplomatic actions hasn't led to anything last 25 years: "Sorry, but only one thing will work!".

And now this statement from General Mattis.

I know Trump has been tweeting about North Korea for quite a few months now, but mind you that all of the above has been said only over the course of last week and they are all hinting towards actual military action anywhere in the near future.

Also, don't forget that tomorrow is another holiday in North Korea: The Worker's Party of Korea foundation day. This holiday also involves military parades, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kim is going to fire a "big fireworks rocket" once again to celebrate it.
edit on 9-10-2017 by TheWiseDwarf because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWiseDwarf

Where in that quote does he say "stand ready for war with North Korea"?

Standing ready and being vigilant to offer options is not the same as saying stand ready for a war with North Korea.

I point this out because of ifwhen the MSM does it CT'S point it out right away as pushing a narrative.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Supposedly, the next missile tested will be able to reach the west coast of the US. If that thing crashes down in downtown Seattle or LA or something like that, I think Trump may have little choice but to order a military response.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

War Pigs are intentionally pumping MSM and Social media with anti Korean rhetoric and rumors of war so everyone is desensitized to it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

A bit of spin on the title of that article. This sounded like a typical speech by a general to his troops. Far from a prelude to war.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's doubtful they'll try to reach anywhere near maximum range. They might drop it into the Pacific, but they'll probably do what they've been doing and put it into the Sea of Japan again.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's doubtful they'll try to reach anywhere near maximum range. They might drop it into the Pacific, but they'll probably do what they've been doing and put it into the Sea of Japan again.

I'd think that would defeat the purpose of testing such a long-range missile. Perhaps they might aim for the South Pacific, at a range that suggests they could hit the West Coast if they wanted to.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Unless there are secret talks also with China, don't know how this would be possible. Do we really want to be in a war against not only NK, but China? They haven't withdrawn their statement that they would come to the defense of NK if the U.S. initiates a war without provocation.

So unless NK conducts an act that China considers an act of war against the U.S., our hands are tied.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past Trump and his merry band of generals to give China the middle finger and attack NK anyway. Trump acts as if the military is some sort of billionair's toy. It's a scary thing honestly. I don't trust him for a minute to make rational decisions in regards to military actions.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The time to worry is the time when that message is delivered in military orders.
An address to an annual meeting doesn't have the same urgency.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be prudent if they were always ready? I think that's the goal. I don't think this is a warning but with trump you never know.

link   
Slow browser. What's up today? I can get internet service 100 feet away from the house and today it's dragging and I'm only 7 feet from the modum.
edit on 1092017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   

Here’s what happens when a war starts—its very simple.

One side gives the other what’s called an ultimatum.

“Do this by this time or we will declare war on you”

If its not done then war is declared ipso facto

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

By your estimate, how provoking is dropping one of these missiles in the Sea of Japan? I'm assuming it's a danger to all the countries in that vicinity considering NK's missile accuracy and failure rate.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If this is just "madman" approach then I don't see Trump getting really far with it. It might work for a while but NK will keep pushing and testing madman's patience and find out that it's just a mask. That's ofc if it's a mask not a real deal at play.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It may be that the US has already given NK an Ultimatum in this form:

If you do another nuclear test we will be in a state of war

That may be what Trump is referring to

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You know the story of Chicken Little right? That's what the OP is.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Congress will never approve it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I'd think that would defeat the purpose of testing such a long-range missile. Perhaps they might aim for the South Pacific, at a range that suggests they could hit the West Coast if they wanted to.

You van test maximum range by shooting at a higher trajectory. In this case the energy of the missile is used up much more by gravity.. you do some physics equations and rematch the rocket to a "maximum distance trajectory" and you have it's likely range.. quite a few variables in there like friction from the air and time spent above atmosphere.. but anyway it's already been talked about they do probably have that range.

And Matt is just said hey guys.. do what the Army always does.. "Hurry up and wait."

Nothing weird in that statement.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That is exactly how I read the quote. Standard ''always be vigilant' speech to our troops.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Willtell

Congress will never approve it.

LOL

When was the last time Congress declared war?

The executive branch can carry out months of attacks without so much as asking as long as it's an "emergency"

And I think since we are still at war with Korea it might even give one more leeway...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join