It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Worried About New “Black Identity” Movement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
a reply to: intrptr

There are 300 million US citizens. 5k deaths is actually lower than what I would have expected. It's a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Also, let's break those deaths down by cause. How many of those were actually excessive and unwarranted use of force vs self defense or other extreme scenarios?

Like I said before, we have a handful of idiots who should be prosecuted according to the law. The vast majority of officers have a thankless job and still show up to work. Good for them.

The fatalities are just a fraction of the problem.

And no most officers are not trained or in shape for duty. On top of that they are protected by the most powerful unions in the country.

But go ahead and bury your head in the sand.

The truth is—and should be—frightening: the overwhelming majority of police officers are not competent shooters.

bearingarms.com...
edit on 10-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, the perception is an issue. But a lot of it is propagated by not challenging bogus facts and statements.

There are a handful of idiot cops who, along with our general distaste for cops in general, have created this perception. Rampant police brutality in the US in 2017 is a myth. States are not sponsoring mass discrimination against particular races.

Perception is an issue, but let's not pretend like sensationalist claims are somehow them warranted.
edit on 10-10-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, the perception is an issue. But a lot of it is propagated by not challenging bogus facts and statements.

There are a handful of idiot cops who, along with our general distaste for cops in general, have created this perception. Rampant police brutality in the US in 2017 is a myth. States are not sponsoring mass discrimination against particular races.

Perception is an issue, but let's not pretend like sensationalist claims are somehow them warranted.

reason.com...

And.

FBI: 80 Percent Of Police Officers Are Overweight

edit on 10-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Has anyone done the correlation of

which race commits the most crimes
which race is shot by police the most

I would bet the farm the same race is at the top of both of those categories. It's not a racial issue. One race is simply committing a lot more of the crime. The narrative can't talk about that though because that would be racist political incorrectness.
edit on 10-10-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

It's far more complicated than that. But yes when you study criminology you learn about theories of cause.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

There are 300 million US citizens. 5k deaths is actually lower than what I would have expected. It's a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Police abuse of authority is reflected not just in the number of deaths, but overall abuse; violation of civil rights under the constitution, profiling, beatings, citations, fleecing people by writing gynormous numbers of citations to increase city revenue. Number of prisoners in the uS prison system is larger than all other nations combined.

When players demonstrate by taking a knee in protest at Games, they know that police will not treat them like second class citizens for it. The rest of us well, this is what happens when you call the cops...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
Has anyone done the correlation of

which race commits the most crimes
which race is shot by police the most

I would bet the farm the same race is at the top of both of those categories. It's not a racial issue. One race is simply committing a lot more of the crime. The narrative can't talk about that though because that would be racist political incorrectness.

This is easy. Whites commit the most crimes in America. But, that's just because they are the largest part of the polulation.

Blacks only make up 12 percent.

In terms of percentage of their representation in population, however, blacks are more accused and arrested and killed.

And of course, depending on whether you consider certain neighborhoods, the percentages are higher or lower.

It is noteworthy that blacks get disproportionately killed for the silliest of things, like running away from the LEO while unarmed etc..something we never hear happening to whites. So, either the whites don't run, or the cops don't kill them if they do.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
It's getting to be so bad these days.
I'm starting to feel like a small army of black folks could decide to take over a town, and take ownership of the homes, killing their former occupants... and it would be deemed racist to fight them for your life, property, and family.

Insanity.

you mean like whites did to black people in the south in the early 20 century?.....karma is a bitch

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
lol so much retard fear mongering

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm starting to feel like a small army of black folks could decide to take over a town, and take ownership of the homes, killing their former occupants... and it would be deemed racist to fight them for your life, property, and family.

Insanity.

Say hello to South Africa where this happens daily.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Insanity.

you mean like whites did to black people in the south in the early 20 century?.....karma is a bitch

See this is the kind of stupidity that permeates through your ideology. The thing you hated happening to your demographic is now ok when it happens to the other demographic. Seriously your are as stupid as they get my friend and to condone violence will have a Karmaic effect back on you.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not really. Normally when you interact with cops things are civil and professional. Every now and then you get a nasty situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

And...? I'm sue there are plenty of things you could improve about your work performance. I know I could do better at things at work. Assuming cops are going to be perfect specimens is ridiculous. They're just people

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: eisegesis

Which means... the FBI is RACIST!!

Way to straw man...

It isn't racist, the FBI monitors all extremist groups. It is difficult however not think about COINTELPRO.

Exactly. If a group isn't sufficiently radicalized the FBI plants someone inside the organization to start pushing for more aggressive action and violence. Then the FBI considers such group a domestic threat and can bypass all their rights in pursuit of actionable information leading to arrests. Makes them look good for the cameras and they get to brag to the press. Such daring crime fighters this current crop of acronym retirement package warriors.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

And...? I'm sue there are plenty of things you could improve about your work performance. I know I could do better at things at work. Assuming cops are going to be perfect specimens is ridiculous. They're just people

Lol,

They are people poorly trained and screened.

Get a clue.

Read the facts.

If 80 percent of engineers couldn't do math nothing would get built my friend.

Bury your head in the sand some more.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No the FBI represents the majority of the collective so the BLACKS who attack are racists.like our Nazi nuts we KEEP gown deliberately.
SAME ideas, SAME political party as always for racism.
HELL the Dems taught the NAZIS a thing or two.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Identity politics are fun aren't they?

Like a wedge between a handshake.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Or a black tarantula game of catch...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Just because I'm using basic logic doesn't mean I'm burying my head.

I'm not sure how being overweight, which is actually most Americans when based on the flawed BMI scale, is correlated to poor screening or training.

Engineers use calculators and computer software to do the vast majority of their math. Just like cops use weapons and vehicles for the vast majority of hostile encounters. Being in better shape would be great, but I don't see some extra weight causing a massive issue when they have handguns and police dogs. I certainly don't see how that makes them racist...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Just because I'm using basic logic doesn't mean I'm burying my head.

I'm not sure how being overweight, which is actually most Americans when based on the flawed BMI scale, is correlated to poor screening or training.

Engineers use calculators and computer software to do the vast majority of their math. Just like cops use weapons and vehicles for the vast majority of hostile encounters. Being in better shape would be great, but I don't see some extra weight causing a massive issue when they have handguns and police dogs. I certainly don't see how that makes them racist...

Probably because you don't understand shooting, self defence, adrenaline dumps, tactical awareness, etc..

Or 60 percent can't shoot,

Or police unions protect bad cops,

Or what it's like to have a partner out of shape when you need him..

The racism starts with policy from the war on poverty and war on drugs.

The perception is its the police coming for minorities when it's actually policy. But for the communities getting destroyed they see the officers as the face of the systemic problem.

Police in the us are woefully inept.

And ps the fbi evaluation was on ths conditioning of officers and rates of things like heart disease within the force...

edit on 11-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join