It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Worried About New “Black Identity” Movement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Weird when criminals get roughed up.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

The worst possible response to a protest against police abuse is more police abuse.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

You're assuming there's rampant police abuse as opposed to a few idiots in uniform.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

You're assuming there's rampant police abuse as opposed to a few idiots in uniform.

Since 911, 6600 US service personnel have been killed in wars in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. In the same period 5000 American civilians have been killed by police.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
USE PROFILING already!
Its easy to see.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
My perception: there is a seperatist grass roots movement being guided from on high. Its not really seperatist i dont guess....but its anything but desegregated.

I have half black nieces, one of whom spends her days bad mouthing the same white family that has done everything for her since she was born. Not us in particular....white folks in general. Doesnt bother me much as she is young and full of vinegar. It hurts my mom quite a bit though

But there is a movement. She calls it as much. Amd like all young people she mostly only thinks what her social media echo chamber tells her to.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

Its not the few idiots in uniform. Its the blind support from behind the blue line. When the whole world sees that something is wrong and the department then actually defends the wrong. From this old white dude, the perception is that cops can literally get away with murder.

They gotta fix that perception.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
so twice as many white people are shot by police than black people?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Probably not. "Caucasian" in federal stats includes white and hispanic

Our government know our justice aystem tatgets blacks, so they create statistical magic to try to cover it up

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's the perception, but where is that perception created?

Why continue to charge cops with 1st degree murder? Do you honestly believe they all wake up calculating from the word go that they're going to go out and murder someone, specifically a black someone? Because that's what it takes to prove anything close to murder 1 in most places. You have to show cold calculation and planning and in many cases, planning to kill the specific person who was killed.

If we are all brutally honest, do we really think that occurred in most of these cases?

That doesn't mean there wasn't wrongdoing at all, but blaming the cops doesn't get us anywhere. We should be looking at the legal system that brings out charges.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why continue to charge cops with 1st degree murder? Do you honestly believe they all wake up calculating from the word go that they're going to go out and murder someone, specifically a black someone? Because that's what it takes to prove anything close to murder 1 in most places. You have to show cold calculation and planning and in many cases, planning to kill the specific person who was killed.

If we are all brutally honest, do we really think that occurred in most of these cases?

That doesn't mean there wasn't wrongdoing at all, but blaming the cops doesn't get us anywhere. We should be looking at the legal system that brings out charges.

Yes US Law enforcement is incredibly inept to deal with conflict. There is no debate.

Vast majority are out of shape.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

At the same time, LEO are being asked to deal with things that are not exactly basic patrolman type things. The last administration seemed to feel that terrorism was more of a law enforcement issue than it was national security. The bigger and better armed threats you are asking our police to carry out, the better trained and armed they have to be ... the more militarized. That takes cops out of the role of simple Officer Bob who walks a beat and into some kind of pseudo military man.

What kind of role should a cop have in society?

And on the other end, there is increasing disrespect for the law in society. Part of that is legislative with a government passing ever more restrictions on what people do, and ridiculous ones at that. I can go back to the man who died in New York over selling cigarettes. But part of it comes back to eroding family structure where we first learn how to respect each other and through that larger society.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Murder 1 is a phrase. People who are uneducated in those terms think of it like a hurricane rating system, rather than understanding the prerequisites.

We see this in the NFL debacle. Now a sportscaster says somethings tupid that puts $$$ at risk, gets fired, and people believe she is having her first amendment rights violated. As if we have first amendment rights vs the government having a first amendment limitation.

People don't understand the basics. Charlotte Iserbyte claimed it was collusion at the federal level to dumb down americans. While she says her schpiel in the most sensationlistic manner, and that kinda diminishes her story...looking around me I cannot help but believe her. Right down to fracturing knowledge by changing the fundamental systems used for math from generation to generation. I have 2 sons who each learned different math systems (7 years apart). I do math for a living, and regularly got them failed in classes because the way I do it is from the 80's, and the work my tutoring resulted in being showed was not appropriate to be marked correct. At that point my own kids began to doubt me, think me a moron. My oldest joked about it a few times. Combine that with the "stupid dad" meme that TV sitcoms (especially on Nick) tend to show....you see where i am going.

My youngest had my back, and told his teacher that she was wrong, and that I was right. LOL...my little hell raiser.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Yes US Law enforcement is incredibly inept to deal with conflict. There is no debate.

The out of shape cop is not very common in my experience. But what I do see is that vets are cops pretty often. The ones trained in Iraq/Afghanistan as soldiers.

But to be honest, I think it all boils down to personality. Some are loyal soldiers following orders. Some are alphas. Some are self thinking/actualized people who use good judgement and benefit sociiety.

I think the biggest problem with police is their view of their role at a departmental level. Take the "ghost graphics" that many departments use on cruisers. Why? Would society not benefit more from them being highly visible, and causing people to slow down a little while driving? Instead of hiding amongst the traffic just to fine people who screw up? One seems to prevent fatal accidents. The other seems to profit from them. That tells me a lot about where the priorities of the respective police forces lie.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

At the same time, LEO are being asked to deal with things that are not exactly basic patrolman type things. The last administration seemed to feel that terrorism was more of a law enforcement issue than it was national security. The bigger and better armed threats you are asking our police to carry out, the better trained and armed they have to be ... the more militarized. That takes cops out of the role of simple Officer Bob who walks a beat and into some kind of pseudo military man.

What kind of role should a cop have in society?

And on the other end, there is increasing disrespect for the law in society. Part of that is legislative with a government passing ever more restrictions on what people do, and ridiculous ones at that. I can go back to the man who died in New York over selling cigarettes. But part of it comes back to eroding family structure where we first learn how to respect each other and through that larger society.

You basically said nothing I haven't pointed out.

The reality is officers should be in shape period. They should be solid marksman period.
Unions should not protect bad cops period

None of those things are related to Bobby the local yokal.

I have said this lack of effective training and DE escalation trainING is not only a danger for us but for them.

A lot of deflection on your end not willin b to call a spade a spade.

It doesn't matter what position cops are in. You need to train, pay, rotate, and hold them accountable. That isn't happening.

It's making things worse. There is no reason for even local beat cops to be out of shape.

We don't ask engineers to go to work without math and science training and then complain when buildings fall down.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: luthier

The out of shape cop is not very common in my experience. But what I do see is that vets are cops pretty often. The ones trained in Iraq/Afghanistan as soldiers.

But to be honest, I think it all boils down to personality. Some are loyal soldiers following orders. Some are alphas. Some are self thinking/actualized people who use good judgement and benefit sociiety.

I think the biggest problem with police is their view of their role at a departmental level. Take the "ghost graphics" that many departments use on cruisers. Why? Would society not benefit more from them being highly visible, and causing people to slow down a little while driving? Instead of hiding amongst the traffic just to fine people who screw up? One seems to prevent fatal accidents. The other seems to profit from them. That tells me a lot about where the priorities of the respective police forces lie.

Well every study in policing disagrees. They are majority out of shape. Some dept like Dallas and Austin in Texas have done more to prevent this than the rest of the nation but it's a majority.

Have you ever fired a service weight side arm? The reason the trigger is so stiff is because of the amount of mistakes they make and misfires.

The screening is also bad. There are iq caps etc.

Also the majority are not vets.

I personally train and teach grappling with officers. The ones that stay sharp. Sometimes at three gun races officers are also staying sharp. The unfortunate truth is their tactical training is terrible. They are out of shape by 80 percent by the fbi stats, and are poor marksman.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Im shocked to hear this. The local PD in my hometown is notorious for being among the worst PD's in the West Texas area. The Sheriffs are liked by the people...but aren't much better overall. But despite their atrocious way of interacting with people, they are all fairly fit. Granted...i've not put it to the test or anything. LOL.

Of the 10 of them I know, only 1 isn't a vet.

That said, i agree with your analysis of screening and training. Completely agree.

ETA: i should add....they were caught up in a steriod scandal. ONe of the cops (a former class mate of mine who had repeated screw ups costing us district and state championships in every sport we played, and who was kicked out of a nearby college for selling coke on campus) was selling steroids to other cops. When it was finally brought to light, they had to let go half the force for failing blood tests from the Texas Rangers.
edit on 10/10/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yep its sad. I think both the left and right are equally full of BS and worthlessness.

However, the LEFT (DNC) and the MSM are primarily responsible for creating the existing anger, intolerance, and growing separation between the races. They have spiraled down the progress that was being previously made.

The strategy they have chosen which primarily if not completely demonstrates Black people as always the victims of racism. While the white people are primarily labeled as the villains is not only misleading and a scapegoat but its actually causing more harm than good.

Most people don't want to be labeled a victim nor do they want to be labeled a villains so this causes hate, anger , and intolerance towards each other. Its a fuel that will likely lead to a race war.

Now the right isn't innocent by anymeans as their silence only helps fuel the fire as well. For example the issue with the police is far more complex than a simple case of racism. Its pretty apparent that cops don't discriminate, they kill and abuse citizens regardless of color.

If the right wasn't on the same team as the left they would be investigating the more likely culprits for the issues withing the police.
1. Training.
2. Laws.
3. Hiring process.
4. Qualifications
5. Budget.
6. compensation
7. conflict of interest.
8. Etc.

Instead the Left , the right , and the MSM only bring focus to racism. This will never fix the more likely real issues as they aren't even explored.

So the question is the left ,Right and MSM doing it to :
A. Cause further separation and fighting between the people for control of the population?

B. Are they just simply blinded by greed and are willing to fuel hate, anger , and intolerance towards each other in order to profit and benefit from it?

C. The more likely never let a good crisis go to waste that you created?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Research in the past has found that law enforcement personnel were 25 times more likely to die from weight-related disorders, like cardiovascular disease, than they were from actually fighting crime or getting into scuffles with criminals. But if police officers have to be fit in the beginning to get hired, why aren’t they maintaining their health if the job demands physical fitness? On a Reddit discussion thread titled ELI5 (Explain Like I’m 5), a user wondered why it was possible for police officers to be fat. User quack_quack_moo responded: “To get a job they have to pass a fitness test; depending on what agency they work for they might not have to take that test ever again after getting hired.”

www.medicaldaily.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There are 300 million US citizens. 5k deaths is actually lower than what I would have expected. It's a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Also, let's break those deaths down by cause. How many of those were actually excessive and unwarranted use of force vs self defense or other extreme scenarios?

Like I said before, we have a handful of idiots who should be prosecuted according to the law. The vast majority of officers have a thankless job and still show up to work. Good for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join