It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Worried About New “Black Identity” Movement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nothing dove soap can't fix here.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: eisegesis

Which means... the FBI is RACIST!!

Way to straw man...

It isn't racist, the FBI monitors all extremist groups. It is difficult however not think about COINTELPRO.

Thanks for the lesson. I guess the "1000%" wasn't "tongue in cheeky" enough? Maybe you should tell all the critics, "experts" and former government officials that are calling it racist and confusing, that it's just business as usual? Are you also saying that BLM is an extremist group?

edit on 9-10-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Can't have that, racism is the mother's milk to the MSM; its their raison d'etre. Every day, every where in America, life is all about white racism and the down trodden POC's.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

According to the numbers given. Out of the 748 total police shooting,
375 were white(50.13%)
205 were Hispanic/Asian?(27.406%)
168 were African American(22.46%)

So if we go by the numbers, White NFL players should be kneeling, there should be a #WLM, rioting in suburban areas or I guess trailer parks?? According the numbers, as an almost middle aged white dude, I have a greater chance of getting killed by a cop, even more so if I was armed and had a mental illness.

If those numbers are true and accurate, why are the police considered racist against African Americans when the police are gunning down white guys at twice the rate?

I'm a facts and figures type of person and tend to base my opinions on data. Am I missing some sort of context here?

I'm legitimately looking for clarification and not trying to prove a point, so it would be appreciated if we leave all of the "you're a Nazi" or "you're racist" BS alone.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm curious if this includes the nfl protesters.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

It's a major criminal justice problem.

And yeah we are all in danger including the police who are out of shape and poorly trained.

But 25 percent of shootings is not the same when you take the populations of the races. Are there the same number of each group in the pool of those shot?

I don't think that matters anyhow. The police have become the trash man for society and they are not for for the job.

If 80 percent of football players were out of shape nobody would watch the game.

With police they have no mandates and unions that are incredibly powerful.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gonna pass another Mullford Act

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I totally understand how the numbers are skewed due to population differences, but does that really matter? The bottom line for me is the total amount of body bags being filled and the racial make up of those body bags. I'm not discounting how the numbers will look when total population is factored in, which for some reason I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around. It's basically saying that due to population differences, it's ok for police to kill up to X amount of white people for every one African American, to keep the overall numbers even. To be honest, I would much prefer to leave race out and use different variables such as mentally ill to total number, or justified vs unjustified police shooting, etc.

Personally, I'm in the MLK camp when it comes to race, content of character and such. I could care less about what you look like, as long as you're not an a$$hole. I just can't understand how you can hate another person because of race, I just can't see the logic in that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So if we go by the numbers, White NFL players should be kneeling, there should be a #WLM, rioting in suburban areas or I guess trailer parks?? According the numbers, as an almost middle aged white dude, I have a greater chance of getting killed by a cop, even more so if I was armed and had a mental illness.

No.

There are 6 times more whites in the States. Are the numbers six times higher for whites, too? Aha.

I'm legitimately looking for clarification and not trying to prove a point, so it would be appreciated if we leave all of the "you're a Nazi" or "you're racist" BS alone.

It's the pit and you've just muddied the waters with another false equivalency. Congrats, I guess?

Go Murikkkans!

I'll get some more snacks, but no more coffee for me. Thanks for the fish though.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The rest of my post clearly says I agree. We have a law enforcement problem. Even police are in danger with poor training and screening.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I appreciate your reply and thank you for your input. FWIW, I wasn't trying muddy anything with false equivalency, I apologize if that is the result of my reply to the OP.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Currently, there is still protesting occurring daily in St. Louis since the Stockley verdict. The city is already saying that they are asking for money from the state and federal levels to pay for all of the police overtime that the protests are causing. How can you protest police activities when those protest only give the police healthy raises? How is everyone in the city going to feel when social services will need to be cut to balance the budget for all the police overtime. It does not make sense. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No worries, couldn't care less about another fcking hypocrite in straight denial of actual data ya know...

But I could use a Team Martini paintjob for my Ceres, it's always great to lighten up a bit. Innit?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I can imagine how I come across in my posts, I'm usually a lot brighter than those show. I can see where I was wrong earlier, for some reason it just wasn't making sense to me. The light bulb has since come on, I had my "ah ha" moment, and realized what a dumb ass I've been.

Enjoy your martini, and thanks for you help setting me straight.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That's refreshingly honest for the pit. Now I'm impressed, have a great ride and chew on an olive for me!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

So far, about 748 people have been shot and killed by police... and almost all involved were men.

What ? You mean the cops are refusing to shoot the women?

That's sex discrimination right there.

I'm sure the feminist movement must be livid that the women are not being proportionately represented among the victims.

Evidence that the cops don't see women as worthy adversaries, and are ignoring them when they encounter the females on the beat.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

No worries, couldn't care less about another fcking hypocrite in straight denial of actual data ya know...

But I could use a Team Martini paintjob for my Ceres, it's always great to lighten up a bit. Innit?

So basically you expect that if an overall society has X percentage of star belly sneetches and Y percentage of sneetches without, you would expect the crimes committed to break down into an even and perfect reflection of the overall percentages ... no matter what other circumstances might exist in the two populations of sneetches?

That's overly simplistic and an incorrect way to look at things.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How about just making a sure cops are in shape and can shoot accurately.

It benefits everyone. Pro cop pro society.

Just a basic foundation to start on law enforcement does not currently have.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Basically, I could use a paint-job on a would-like to be planet. Yes. Sheer. Madness. Kinda awesome though.

And if you really think, that whites are six times less likely to actually commit crime, then I believe you're sadly mistaken. But... the way you're talking about overly simplistic and incorrect stuff, I start to think you might be an expert on this.

Convincing. Carry on!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

How about just making a sure cops are in shape and can shoot accurately.

Most of the time the cops wouldn't need to shoot, if they were fit enough to run and catch the suspect.

The problem is all the donuts and car sitting they do, that keeps them unfit.

So, the only way to catch some suspects is to use a speeding bullet.

It's a sad state of affairs.

We should pass a law that says cops are not allowed to eat donuts, and they must spend 80% of time walking or riding bikes, instead of spending all that tax money on gasoline for patrol cars.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join