It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Worried About New “Black Identity” Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Law enforcement calls it a violent movement.

Critics call it racist.

Nowadays, the critics are ALWAYS right.

Which means... the FBI is RACIST!!

LOL
1000%

Related: The FBI and White Supremacy

As white supremacists prepared to descend on Charlottesville, Virginia, in August, the FBI warned about a new movement that was violent, growing, and racially motivated. Only it wasn’t white supremacists; it was “black identity extremists.”

Source

The report claims that the August 2014 shooting of Michael Brown was the catalyst for widespread anger and violence, and that every “alleged” abuse of power against African-Americans since then, has only fueled the ideologically motivated to commit acts of violence.

“The FBI assesses it is very likely Black Identity Extremist (BIE) perceptions of police brutality against African Americans spurred an increase in premeditated, retaliatory lethal violence against law enforcement and will very likely serve as justification for such violence,” reads the report, marked for official use only and obtained by Foreign Policy.

So far, about 748 people have been shot and killed by police, including 168 African-Americans this year. About 375 were white. More than half were armed when shot, while 1 in 20 weren’t. About a third shot had fled from officers. Mental illness played a role in 1 in 5 incidents and almost all involved were men.

Link

The report, dated Aug. 3 — just nine days before the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville turned deadly — appears to be the first known reference to “black identity extremists” as a movement. But former government officials and legal experts said no such movement exists, and some expressed concern that the term is part of a politically motivated effort to find an equivalent threat to white supremacists.

Some “experts" and former government officials are claiming that the FBI is trying to paint certain groups and individuals as sharing a radical, defined ideology. The term “black identity extremist” reminded them of the FBI’s targeting of black activists as potential radicals that occurred throughout history. While that DID happen, I'm not exactly sure if the FBI are acting in the same capacity.

These next parts are interesting…

“They are grouping together Black Panthers, black nationalists, and Wa#taw Nation,” said the former homeland security official. “Imagine lumping together white nationals, white supremacists, militias, neo-Nazis, and calling it ‘white identity extremists.’”

Even former officials who view the government’s concerns about black separatists as legitimate balked at the term “black identity extremist,” and point out that the threat from individuals or groups who want to establish their own homeland is much less than from the far right.

Fear not, “white supremacists.” You can find comfort in knowing that the FBI is impartially investigating the disparity between racially driven sociopaths.

Go America!!

edit on 11-10-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Uh oh, FBI exposed for using common sense to selfishly save their own lives eh?

Racist bastards.

What youre supposed to do is impartially Andy Griffith up to large groups of gang members and get killed.

Or you can be a bigot and live a long happy life with your family.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is really more about the likelihood of violence coming from black sovereign citizens compared to the likelihood coming from white sovereign citizens.

The media narrative is likely going to add impetus to one subgroup but not the other subgroup.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The report claims that the August 2014 shooting of Michael Brown was the catalyst for widespread anger and violence and that every “alleged” police abuse against African American have only fueled the ideologically motivated.

Thats your own spin. Michael Brown was the straw that broke the camels back. Alleged police abuse my ass. In the St.Louis it is systemic, state sanctioned.

Editorial: The protests are about police abuse. The response must not be more abuse.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So in addition to white supremacist and far right terrorists they now have black supremacists and far lefties to worry about and your giddie?

Sounds like a reflection of the media and society.

Two extremist sides fighting it out on the streets.
edit on 9-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thats your own spin.

Not mine. The FBI report states that, pg. 2.

Quoted from the article:

The August 2014 shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, was the catalyst for widespread anger and violence, the FBI report says, concluding that continued “alleged” police abuses have fueled more violence.

“The FBI assesses it is very likely incidents of alleged police abuse against African Americans since then have continued to feed the resurgence in ideologically motivated, violent criminal activity within the BIE movement,” the report states.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Black separatists aren't exactly a new thing...

link   

Which means... the FBI is RACIST!!

Way to straw man...

It isn't racist, the FBI monitors all extremist groups. It is difficult however not think about COINTELPRO.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Neither are whites. They may be the first identity political movement.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Are you aware of any cases involving COINTELPRO or other set ups with Aryan/WS/Nazi groups? I'm not.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Okay?

You said:

So in addition to white supremacist and far right terrorists they now have black supremacists and far lefties to worry about

My response to that was that it's not really a matter of "now" we have them to worry about.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: intrptr

Thats your own spin.

Not mine. The FBI report states that, pg. 2.

Quoted from the article:

The August 2014 shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, was the catalyst for widespread anger and violence, the FBI report says, concluding that continued “alleged” police abuses have fueled more violence.

“The FBI assesses it is very likely incidents of alleged police abuse against African Americans since then have continued to feed the resurgence in ideologically motivated, violent criminal activity within the BIE movement,” the report states.

Thank you, I know the official spew. You 'left out' external quotes in your OP.

Convenient.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They were shooting up day cares and stuff all along like white supremacists?

I think it's a bit different. The black panther movement pretty much died until recently having some rebirth.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just imagine the terror of an 'Individual Identity Movement'.

No more racism what would the MSM do with themselves?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Right. And the entire point of the publication is that black sovereign citizens, who already have a propensity for violence just like white sovereign citizens, will likely be more prone to violence thanks to the media narrative that's been pushed the last couple of years. The point of the notice isn't that "holy crap these guys just appeared all of a sudden!" it's that "hey these guys that have been dangerous for law enforcement to deal with for years now are probably going to be even more dangerous."

Dallas and Baton Rouge would be pretty prime examples of that.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2017 by Shamrock6 because: i don't even know how i managed to reverse the original/reply tags so....oh well.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's getting to be so bad these days.
I'm starting to feel like a small army of black folks could decide to take over a town, and take ownership of the homes, killing their former occupants... and it would be deemed racist to fight them for your life, property, and family.

Insanity.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It seemed to me the point of the op was to further the media presentation of division.

The fbi report is another situation all together.

And further Law enforcement is a mess right now and nobody is willing to look at the massive problems in policing in the us. It is far more than a black problem. It's a law enforcement and criminal justice problem.

The media is egging everyone pretending there aren't solutions, practical ones.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ah. I was speaking as it pertains to the bulletin referenced in the OP, not the OP in it's entirety. Think we got our wires crossed.

With that in mind, we agree on much of what you said.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Ah. I was speaking as it pertains to the bulletin referenced in the OP, not the OP in it's entirety. Think we got our wires crossed.

With that in mind, we agree on much of what you said.

Sorry man. Sometimes I can be a bit smug

I have become agresiveley centrist and try and throw a wrench in the narratives. Sometimes hastily. So sick of politics over country.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

To be honest I didn't pick up on any smugness, I think we were just talking about two different aspects of the OP and thought we weren't.

So sick of politics over country.

Could not possibly agree more!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join