It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It can't just be me, these timeouts and slowness.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Slow in Australia ...

I like it fast, like a lizard drinking during a heat wave of 45 degrees C.

That's about 120 for you F people.

SHe's bloody slow mate!

P

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
no thi slooks liek their host is trying to leverage mor ecash from them under th eguise of security id bet. Thats a guess im not sure so dont quote me on that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There was an issue with a VERY LARGE AND POPULAR THREAD causing some pangalacticgargleblastedslowness in a couple automated scripts. This has (hopefully) been resolved.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
pangalacticgargleblastedslowness

Added to dictionary.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've noticed some slowness off and on. Nothing too severe at the moment.

Figured it might just be high traffic somewhere.

ETA: where I experience slowness is if there are animated ads. My internet is not that fast, so those seem to slow things down. Static picture ads are no problem, pages load very fast.

But that's just me. It's like that with any site I visit that has animated ads.
edit on 9-10-2017 by TerminalVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
ATS glitches 5% when I'm on a Cable ISP.

ATS glitches 40% when I'm on my smartphone. (Mostly delay in response after hitting the "reply" button. Press it again, and end up with a double post.)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I recommend anyone super frustrated to try a VPN on computer or phone. There are some good free ones.. It will make every other website slow down a bit, but make ATS blazing fast. Odd that..

Yes odd that.. I noticed the same too.. When i have posted about certain topics in the past the pages wont load.. It drops my information..

Put myself through a vpn and it works just fine.. Had a friend test it. Put a thread up about it.. Thread removed..

odd that..

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Something has changed after springer cracked it about people using ad blockers, he even wrote a thread about being pissed off about it, not long after the ads disappeared and the site (for me at least) became really laggy and still is....lucky for me I drink a lot and have a small attention span so I get over it...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Yep,

Teh las t23 - days its just been F#####fixyo

ur Shi^T%

ATSit

happens quite often,

tryingtotype

this is what I get,

youhitspa ce and type the next word, nospace or a space half way through a word

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The above post is what it looks like when you type,

This 2 sentence post took about 10 min. to type and keep correcting and waiting for the pauses.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
DDoS mitigation possibly?

My guess for the intermittent delays.

In and of itself, might as well be a DDoS..

every time I click the next page (after profile avatars have finished loading), it's another 30+ seconds to get anything.

Still, it must be something going on, I'm just hoping it's not being ignored. I remember the speak of the forums going away not too long ago by the site owner, give the costs of DDoS protection and all...

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Slow in Australia ...

I like it fast, like a lizard drinking during a heat wave of 45 degrees C.

That's about 120 for you F people.

SHe's bloody slow mate!

P

Slow as, took me over 6 minutes to get the quote text to appear, and 3 reloads of the page, which took over 2 minutes to render each.

That's excruciatingly slow, and seeing a derpy typo in a post and hitting edit for it to inevitably be seen by all and sundry, is a crime !!

Crikey!

PS: I went outside today, half an hour in the sun, I got flippin' sunburnt. First sunny day in yonks and the bastard pinged me. I only realised when I set up my webcam in peppermint OS and saw this strange white streak on the side of me face. It was where me sunnies were. :/

Never going outside again.

edit on 13/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
There was an issue with a VERY LARGE AND POPULAR THREAD causing some pangalacticgargleblastedslowness in a couple automated scripts. This has (hopefully) been resolved.

Seems a bit worse tonight, 7:40pm Friday night Perth WA time.

Every page change results in at least 4-6 minutes.. and then it will fly for 10 seconds, and back to bogged down.

Very frustrating when replying. But as I hit quote on your post, it's back to almost instant.

Bumpy roads ahead..

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Something has changed after springer cracked it about people using ad blockers, he even wrote a thread about being pissed off about it, not long after the ads disappeared and the site (for me at least) became really laggy and still is....lucky for me I drink a lot and have a small attention span so I get over it...

Haha, I say the same about lag with multiplayer games.. My ping may be high, but I'm usually drunk, so the lag cancels itself out.

More often than not, I'm still where I was 8 seconds ago, anyway, despite the intention to move somewhere.. makes strafe jumping a task, for sure..

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The above post is what it looks like when you type,

This 2 sentence post took about 10 min. to type and keep correcting and waiting for the pauses.

Yikes, I thought it was bad enough when I made a typo myself and went to edit. for it to sit there laughing at me saying "Yeah, nah, I'm gonna let everyone read your post first before I let you edit it. nyah nyah."

Glad I don't use my phone to reply to posts much. I find it impossible to type on that thing at the best of times. Like using an abacus..

Heres to a resolution, if there is indeed a problem to resolve and it's not something quirky in the works, given some have said that a VPN makes things work better here... that kinda points the finger at somewhere along the line, there is an intentional (or perhaps not intentional) routing issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join