It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It can't just be me, these timeouts and slowness.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I swear this time I didn't go / slash happy, but I did mention this in my last thread.

It surely can't just be me? From starring posts, to uploading images, to replying to threads, to even hitting the next page. Randomly, and infuiatingly, ATS will just sit there with a blank stare on her face. No sammich, no acknowledgement, not even a middle finger, just.......... a spinning "doing something but not talking." icon on the URL bar.

3 devices, 3 different OS's, 2 of them brand new installs.

This morning, when trying to upload an image, it was like some sort of 1980's dialup hell. went to the upload page, but it was empty. then suddenly, empty place holders, then some icons, all up 15 minutes before it got the better of me, and I hit reload. And nothing, once more.

Just now, hitting a star (yeah yeah, I'm a star whore, but a pretty one who gives them back, so bite my shiny yellow star) it stayed empty. Not even blinking at me, in some effort to let me know she's working on it. Not a single pixel.

I know they do eventually appear fulfilled, but it just means hitting the next page is rather futile. Or replying.

So have the foreign beavers eaten through the cables once more? is it punishment? have the ownership decided "Time to go, lets sink this ship!"

just throwing it out there, in case some others are floating on by in the raft of broken promises.And if so, can I have your oar before you sink???

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

No, it's not just you.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It has been really slow to load for me lately.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I noticed the same thing last night, and it's still doing it this morning.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Its been this way for me as well over the last couple months. Different servers... different devices... different locations... All the same slow choppy 2001 type connection to the site. Words catch up as youre typing... lots of load times.. heck it even crashes my page a bit. Been wondering whats happening as well...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Glad it's not just me, I really hope it is sorted out eventually, get a snappy response to a post, go to post, and by time it's posted you've gone back to youtube..

*that could just be me though lol*

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The newer tracking software is just a little slower...maybe 2.0 will be a little less glitchy so you won't notice the CIA....opps I mean ATS tracking your IP..

lol

Deny Ignorance....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It bears repeating:

Make sure your systems are up to date with the latest patches.
Make sure your antivirus is working and updated.
Make sure your system is clean of bugs/viruses/trojans etc.
Make sure your hard-drive is without errors.
Make sure you clean out your cache/temp files (There is a limit to where the whole thing goes bonkers if there are too many, over 1gb of temp files on some systems and it's like being in the old days).

To help with curing an infected computer:
Check out a trial of malwarebytes Anti-Malware, best thing I've ever found for getting rid of nasties on a computer.

To clean up temp files for free, 'cuz you really don't need to download a program or spend money to do this:
On windows XP/7: Press type %temp% and on the new window that pops up click on 1 file, and press ctrl-A and then delete everything. (A few folders will remain, as well as possibly 1 or 3 files, this is fine and normal).

On 8/8.1/10:
Press type %temp% and on the new window that pops up click on 1 file, and press ctrl-A and then delete everything. (A few folders will remain, as well as possibly 1 or 3 files, this is fine and normal).

Also, run a speed-test, make sure your speeds are what you are paying for. If your only gettting 1mb/1mbit it's going to feel slow. Try rebooting your cable-modem and wi-fi router(s). Then re-run the speed test to see how things are looking. If things are still in the basement, you might want to contact your ISP about it, as there could be an issue with the modem, or your line.

Hope that helps..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
yep, takes awhile for especially me to get cleared through the navy and Langely...

when i do a controversial post....bahhmmm dissappear is the first protcol

ya should see what they do to me when trading....why,I have a helper i guess someone was putting winning trades on for me....ya had to wait 9 hours for them to go positive though

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Been real slow for me as well, for months now.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ditto.

My phone won't even load it half the time...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
The newer tracking software is just a little slower...maybe 2.0 will be a little less glitchy so you won't notice the CIA....opps I mean ATS tracking your IP..

lol

Deny Ignorance....

Funny you say that for me the issue is gone and you know what if it comes back I'm installing a VPN on my phone.

I recommend anyone super frustrated to try a VPN on computer or phone. There are some good free ones..

It will make every other website slow down a bit, but make ATS blazing fast. Odd that..

VPN is virtual private network

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
It bears repeating:

Make sure your systems are up to date with the latest patches.
Make sure your antivirus is working and updated.
Make sure your system is clean of bugs/viruses/trojans etc.
Make sure your hard-drive is without errors.
Make sure you clean out your cache/temp files (There is a limit to where the whole thing goes bonkers if there are too many, over 1gb of temp files on some systems and it's like being in the old days).

To help with curing an infected computer:
Check out a trial of malwarebytes Anti-Malware, best thing I've ever found for getting rid of nasties on a computer.

To clean up temp files for free, 'cuz you really don't need to download a program or spend money to do this:
On windows XP/7: Press type %temp% and on the new window that pops up click on 1 file, and press ctrl-A and then delete everything. (A few folders will remain, as well as possibly 1 or 3 files, this is fine and normal).

On 8/8.1/10:
Press type %temp% and on the new window that pops up click on 1 file, and press ctrl-A and then delete everything. (A few folders will remain, as well as possibly 1 or 3 files, this is fine and normal).

Also, run a speed-test, make sure your speeds are what you are paying for. If your only gettting 1mb/1mbit it's going to feel slow. Try rebooting your cable-modem and wi-fi router(s). Then re-run the speed test to see how things are looking. If things are still in the basement, you might want to contact your ISP about it, as there could be an issue with the modem, or your line.

Hope that helps..

That's all standard operating procedure. None of it will help with the weird ATS issues IF EVERY OTHER website loads insanely fast on your advertised and tested 100Mbps line..

But good advice nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thank the good lord the ads pop up chop-chop quick time, yeah!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The star thing happens all the time.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Yeah. With any of my devices pc, droid. It has gotten bad. For me its been a few weeks. They are all clean and up to date.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
the worst problem I get on ATS is the overlong delay that happens when I have typed in the text of my reply & hit the 'post' or 'send' button and the screen just freezes there for anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute-or-more (it seems)

I've learned to be patient or else I get the dreaded double post situation that I have to address immediately, so as to not look so foolish

on rare instances the function to bring an image into my ATS photo album, or whatever, gets entangled with the Quantum Cosmos of the Digital realm

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

"Life has suddenly started to lose its meaning.
Oh, God, Google don't fail me too."

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What in th eBLEEPING hell is going on here? IS th eHOST throttling ATS AGAIN?

I ran a test for the site. Theres some issues causing this.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: added info

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
DDoS mitigation possibly?

My guess for the intermittent delays.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join