It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush budget scraps 9,790 border patrol agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea “Bring it on Bushie” Fly Boy Defender of Hypocrisy oups I mean Democracy has scraped just under 10,000 Border Patrol Agents that was to begin in 2006.
Bu#s new Budget funds only 210 new agents,

Bush budget scraps 9,790 border patrol agents
President uses law's escape clause to drop funding for new home
land security force
Officially approved by Bush on Dec. 17 after extensive bickering in Congress, the National Intelligence Reform Act included the requirement to add 10,000 border patrol agents in the five years beginning with 2006. Roughly 80 percent of the agents were to patrol the southern U.S. border from Texas to California, along which thousands of people cross into the United States illegally every year.
But Bush's proposed 2006 budget, revealed Monday, funds only 210 new border agents.
Link

How anyone with a brain can still put any faith in this clown is staggering

[edit on 10/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, you have to look at like a republican. You are owned by Big Business, and Mexicans work for less then Americans. So the more Mexicans here, the more slave labor Big Business gets, the more they make, meaning you get bribed with more money.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Now im all for sealing the border, but before we allow anti-Bush zeal to blind us to reality
lets look at the article,

The shrunken increase reflects the lack of money for an army of border guards and the capacity to train them, officials said.

Retired Adm. James Loy, acting head of the Department of Homeland Security until nominee Michael Chertoff takes over, said funding only 210 new agents was a "recognition that we need to balance those things as we go on down the road with other priorities."
KEY WORDS HERE

THE CAPASITY TO TRAIN THEM
If indeed there isnt a mechanisim in place to train this legion properly, then why give the agency the money to do so?...isnt that asking for this money to get somehow spent on something other than the needed border guards?

NEED TO BALANCE
as we go and vs other priorities....
Hmm this is always going to raise the question of vs what and where on the priority list...
my point here is that indeed the budget is going to be worked on as a whole by giving from one hand and putting into the other....not everything can or should be funded, of funded fully at all times.
This im sure is where tons of bickering over the merits of one program over another will occur in congress, as well as this thread.

ONCE AGAIN tho Bush bashers,
note that Bush can ask for whatever he wants on the budget as a leadership guidline
BUT
It will be CONGRESS that actually allocates the $$$ to things...

Try to cast blame where it truely lies and perhaps put preassure on your corgressional representative for buget items you feel need to be allocated or not.
Dont self delude into thinking one guy is to "blame" without willingness to include the whole picture on the budget.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
CazMedia:
You absolutely right it’s Bush Bashing, one of my favorite past times now a days. I really have to get a life, maybe during the spring clearance sales.

Anyway I would have thought the 80 billion that is to be used on the (war of terror) could have earmarked a few dollars for boarder control.

In addition, as far as training? What training here’s a gun go look for trespassers,(simplified but I think you know what I mean)

And from the few articles I have read about homeless vets that have returned from duty they seem to me to fit the bill of already trained or cross-trained, It would give these guys a life and some dignity back.

I would think that illegal immigrants would think twice about coming up against X-US. Military, that has been trained to shoot to kill. No?

top topics

join