It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it that Trump is still in the White House?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I need a moment to laugh hysterically.
He's president because he was elected through our established voting process. Sorry if you don't agree with the system but Republicans didn't go along with the fantasy of ousting an elected official this long. Seriously, field a better candidate. I probably would've voted the other candidate if it wasn't Hilary.

If you believe the polls about his approval rating then I need only refer you to the polls saying he had less than 2% chance of winning in the first place.

Welcome to real life.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

8 years ?

You done fixed it wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I'm sorry, but I need a moment to laugh hysterically. He's president because he was elected through our established voting process.

I never said otherwise? Strange retort?
I just outlined the eroding support the President has from the GOP majority in congress that serves as a firewall to impeachment proceedings as well the progression of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

If you believe the polls about his approval rating then I need only refer you to the polls saying he had less than 2% chance of winning in the first place.

Which Poll said that? What kind of Polls are you reading?

For what it is worth, national polls were dead on with Trump's popularity before and after the election.

It was local state polls that were faulty.

National polls were in keeping with the final popular vote results.

It was in reconciling faulty local polls in states and districts with the political analysis of the electoral college that failed.

Either way, it's not mysterious. At this stage GOP members of the senate are calling him incompetent and unstable and his own Secretary of State described him as a effen Moron.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Seriously, field a better candidate. I probably would've voted the other candidate if it wasn't Hilary.

I know a number of people with this same story, and others that simply stayed home. Hillary lost because she's Hillary.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

nevermind.....
edit on 10-10-2017 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

2% was a bit of an exaggeration but there's this:

And yes, the state polls were wrong, as even the liberal news has acknowledged:
Washington Post
CNN
New York Times

The key concept to understand is that the state polls are the only ones that matter. The only one they got "right" was the national popular vote, which doesn't matter. AND the only reason they even got that right was because of oversampled polls like these that gave Clinton an unrealistic advantage and brought the average up. If it weren't for these blatantly biased polls, the average of the national polls would've been wrong too.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Left, Right, Hillary, Donald. "Murica is teh King of teh free worlds!!!"

Honestly this whole thing is hilarious. You yanks, both left and right. those who have to label yourselves, on both sides, have no idea why Trump got elected.

People world wide are sick or your 2 sides same coin bull#. It's gonna be ugly, but common sense, logic and real majority rule are slowly and silently making a comeback.

All this archaic rigged 2 party system is a democracy crap is going the way of the dodo.

But ya's don't see it. Too busy looking in all the wrong places.

If you take off the blinders you can see this whole thing coming world wide. Might even see the why's and the real reasons for it.

Instead of looking at Trump or Clinton and their parties. Maybe start looking at the 50% of people who felt neither candidate was worthy.
Maybe start looking outside your own borders at the rest of the world.

Silent majority is coming. We're sick of all this bull#.

If I poked you with a stick every day you'd get mad and do something about it.
It's very much the same with views and opinions. You keep jamming the same # into people mouths they eventually get sick of it and do something about it.

But yeah My teams better than your team, Your teams better than mine. You keep going around in circles there.

Maybe try looking at your similarities for once instead of the imagined differences.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Left, Right, Hillary, Donald. "Murica is teh King of teh free worlds!!!"

Honestly this whole thing is hilarious. You yanks, both left and right. those who have to label yourselves, on both sides, have no idea why Trump got elected.

People world wide are sick or your 2 sides same coin bull#. It's gonna be ugly, but common sense, logic and real majority rule are slowly and silently making a comeback.

All this archaic rigged 2 party system is a democracy crap is going the way of the dodo.

But ya's don't see it. Too busy looking in all the wrong places.

If you take off the blinders you can see this whole thing coming world wide. Might even see the why's and the real reasons for it.

Instead of looking at Trump or Clinton and their parties. Maybe start looking at the 50% of people who felt neither candidate was worthy.
Maybe start looking outside your own borders at the rest of the world.

Silent majority is coming. We're sick of all this bull#.

If I poked you with a stick every day you'd get mad and do something about it.
It's very much the same with views and opinions. You keep jamming the same # into people mouths they eventually get sick of it and do something about it.

But yeah My teams better than your team, Your teams better than mine. You keep going around in circles there.

Maybe try looking at your similarities for once instead of the imagined differences.

Generalizing an entire population based on their nationality is pretty ignorant. I ran into a number of Aussie servicemen while I was in the Air Force, and they were always great people. Don't represent your country so poorly.

Many Americans are well aware of everything you posted. We have a silent majority here too. Don't judge an entire country by a couple of asshole posters in a conspiracy theory forum.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

2% vs. 20% is a heck of an exaggeration.

So the NYTs gave Trump a 1 in 5 chance of winning before election day?

VS. 1 in 50 (2%) like the poster claimed.

That was a heck of margin of error by a poster whining about errors in polling.

The irony never ends.
edit on 10-10-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

2% vs. 20% is a heck of an exaggeration.

So the NYTs gave Trump a 1 in 5 chance of winning before election day?

VS. 1 in 50 (2%) like the poster claimed.

That was a heck of margin of error by a poster whining about errors in polling.

The irony never ends.

He may have been engaging in hyperbole. Or maybe he was referencing something I couldn't find at first. I could've sworn I saw something giving Trump a 2% chance of winning at some point too. I found it:

Our @pollsterpolls model gives @HillaryClinton a 98.1% chance of winning the presidency t.co... pic.twitter.com/RcNnoTqdke— HuffPost (@HuffPost) November 7, 2016

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I used to "write my congressman". Stopped when I realized all they sent back was Form Letters.

Even the signature of the congressman was copy run off. I was so young and ignorant back in the 80's.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Uhhhhh,How in the world do people not know by now what politics is.Both sides playing politics.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Elites having conniption fits... they may be able to manipulate the voting machine or have illegals vote illegally, butvthey couldn't control the electoral college. Amazing Our Founding Fathers never even saw the voting machine thing when they put in checks and balances.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I used to "write my congressman". Stopped when I realized all they sent back was Form Letters.

Even the signature of the congressman was copy run off. I was so young and ignorant back in the 80's.

Not always. We had to write our Senator for an ACA issue and they responded with a phone call and actually pulled strings to get the problem resolved. Course it was her chief of staff but still they helped out when no one else could or would .

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Not always. We had to write our Senator for an ACA issue and they responded with a phone call and actually pulled strings to get the problem resolved. Course it was her chief of staff but still they helped out when no one else could or would .

The irony is he says his Congressmen don't respond to him, but yet he doens't vote. That might be why you keep getting those kind of Congressmen, but eh.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Sure fire, always one person out there says thats not true.... for youuu.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe the idea you wrote your Congressman with just sucked?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Maybe the idea you wrote your Congressman with just sucked?

You suck.

It was about gun control. Yes they been trying to take them forever. It was to Senator Cranston, he ended up stealing hundreds of millions from California taxpayers in a long forgotten scam called ABSCAM.

Yes, they been corrupt forever too.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The irony is he says his Congressmen don't respond to him, but yet he doens't vote.

You cant read either. I used to write my congressman back in the 80's. I stopped, haven't voted since the 80's.

You can pretend the gubment cares about you if you like. What a dupe.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You didn't specify when you stopped voting. Your mistake. You can keep pretending no one in Congress listens. That's demonstrably false, as already demonstrated here.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join