It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

not acting like a child but a respectable VP

lol. Supporting our National Anthem is not acting like a child. It shows his love of America unlike the one's who kneel through it.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

lol. Supporting our National Anthem is not acting like a child. It shows his love of America unlike the one's who kneel through it.

Or setting up a publicity stunt to wag the dog.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I keep hearing this ridiculous fantasy - why do people keep perpetuating it? Just because Trump says it, doesn't mean it's true you know.

The team I follow put out a statement.. the week they stood arm in arm.. and I felt it is probably the way most of the players actually feel. Part of it went:

Make no mistake - our actions were in no way a protest of the military, the flag, or those who keep us safe. We have nothing but the deepest love and respect for those who protect our way of life and the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.

But of course Trump says they are directly and purposely aiming their protest at service people and the flag.. and his minions flock to his call and parrot his ludicrous tweets. It's as if some folks feel that they no longer need critical thinking.. they are allowing Trump to do it for them. Alarming thought, that....

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Why can tax dollars be allocated to fly a politician to a football game? That doesn't sound like good spending at all.

Funny how liberals all of a sudden care about spending,when it was last thing o mind during Obama admin,evidently liberals can't be taught manners,and have to use extremes against them,like that fly you can't swat

So when did Obama use tax dollars to go to a sports event?
edit on 10 10 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Why can tax dollars be allocated to fly a president to a football game?

An example of not grasping the topic at hand, again.

The issue is, tax payer money was used by Trump and Pence to pull off a political stunt in opposition to the silent kneelers at the football game. The Vice President didn't fly to the match to 'watch a football game'. He flew there, all the way, on the tax payers dime, to get up and leave, on purpose, as the players began to kneel. Trump did this as a jab to the players. He used tax payer money to do this.

Has Obama ever used tax payer money to attack the tea party protests? Or has he used tax payer money for other similar events?

Let me know you hear? Enlighten me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Just think of it, stand during the anthem and take a knee on every snap, I'd honestly pay to see that game.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That's a long list and perhaps some of it is true.
But raising the bar on the police force, in general, is a wider discussion than making the issue about racial injustice.

Police are not the cause of a greater proportion of minority groups getting in trouble with the law IMO, it is a problem with society and until America faces up to the fact that some people do not get an equal opportunity and that prejudice exists at a more fundamental level than the police force, the focus will remain on the end of the journey and nothing will get fixed.

For sure, I can almost guarantee that there is a distribution of terrible police officers, but then I could say that about every profession.

If the protests were about inequality in terms of opportunity then I'd understand and support the message - although I would not sympathise with protesting the anthem or flag as part it.
edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I'm quite sure it was more money than I will make in my lifetime

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think you realize it doesn't matter to the people getting jailed by police.

Look at the war on drugs prison increase and the use of private prisons. It's insane how quickly the population of prisons rose. That arrest spree during Clinton was massive. It put unproportionate minorities in jaIL.

That forced police to come for them by the laws passed in Congress and doj mandates.

The end result is the cops arresting blacks. The perception is simple.

But police in the us by a large majority are not capable of making the decisions necessary for safety or first response because of the things I listed. It compounds the problem.

If 80 percent of cops are out of shape. 80 percent of cops can not perform their duty effectively or safely for us or them.
edit on 10-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Why can tax dollars be allocated to fly a politician to a football game? That doesn't sound like good spending at all.

Funny how liberals all of a sudden care about spending,when it was last thing o mind during Obama admin,evidently liberals can't be taught manners,and have to use extremes against them,like that fly you can't swat

When he attended bulls games hes a huge fan. He also attended baseball games as well. Isnt it funny when people are only outraged when its the other party.

www.fox5ny.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hes been a fan for decades attended multiple games. And you want to claim its a stunt? Well i dont believe it was however ill say if it was it worked. The NFL owners came out and said no protests to the anthem. And now league rules were made which will fine players and possible suspension and if a team continues loss of draft choices. So now its over

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If it was set up, it sure did work. Go VP Go.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

True.

#TrumpBrokeTheNFL.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Hes been a fan for decades attended multiple games. And you want to claim its a stunt? Well i dont believe it was however ill say if it was it worked. The NFL owners came out and said no protests to the anthem. And now league rules were made which will fine players and possible suspension and if a team continues loss of draft choices. So now its over

Only of the players don't go on strike... which would cost the owners (and media) hundreds of millions of dollars, and possibly deal the professional sport a death blow.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The kneeling is about protesting police brutality.

Trump and his supporters are trying to make it about disrespecting the flag.

This is a textbook example of how racism works.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

If it was set up, it sure did work. Go VP Go.

Lol,

Sure did. All the mueller, corker, north korea, cabinet, twitter, problems seem to fade off temporarily.

Funny story. The enemies trump is making in his party can make mueller's obstruction/ impeachment a real event.

Even the guys sucking lobby tits don't go that far.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Only of the players don't go on strike... which would cost the owners (and media) hundreds of millions of dollars, and possibly deal the professional sport a death blow.

Well at least that would be a protest people could support. It costs them nothing to disrespect the flag or the country. But now if they put theit money were their mouth is and strike at least it would show they were willing to do something about their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Of all the waste my taxes go to, im ok with this. United We STAND

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
After we're done talking about how much money this costed tax payers, lets talk about how many job hours were created for his single trip alone. Goes both ways, I see the glass half full, you see it half empty. Try thinking a little more optimistic...

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Well at least that would be a protest people could support. It costs them nothing to disrespect the flag or the country. But now if they put theit money were their mouth is and strike at least it would show they were willing to do something about their beliefs.

It's not about the flag, it's about racism. Got a problem with black people protesting racism?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join